CO CO - Edna Quintana, 55, Saguache County, last seen on foot, 3 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This beautiful tree is in honor of SM, Justice for Suzanne, she will not be forgotten. In addition, the reporter mentioned Edna Quintana. Edna is still missing, unfortunately. Hopeful she will be found one day soon. moo

The #JusticeforSuzanne tree is up at Riverside Park in Salida. This is the fourth year community members have decorated a tree in honor of #SuzanneMorphew Check out all the different ornaments that people purchased or created.

Also remember to #ShineBrightforEdna

Nov 11
From the link:

Edna’s sister, Marilyn Quintana, also got up and read a poem for her sister and with tears running down her face said, “Her two sisters, her brother, and her mom, miss her very much and want her back. We ask everyone to please keep Edna’s name active. We do not want anyone to forget that she is still not home. We hope and pray that she is found safe. Please everyone help us keep her case and name active. Edna, we love you, we miss you, and we just want you home.”

Debbie Quintana read a statement from Morphew family who was found deceased in the same mountain area where Edna allegedly disappeared.

“To the family of Edna Quintana gathered to pray and remember her. This year on Sept. 22, two women’s paths crossed through each other’s. A divine encounter in which my family found closure, while yours found new light shining on your loved one. I was notified by the sheriff that remains had been found and they were positively identified as my beloved sister, Suzanne Morphew. After over 3 years my prayers, and prayers of many were answered. I felt a burden lifted and a new peace settled in my heart.

Several days passed and further conversation with authorities revealed to me that circumstances in the way that Suzanne’s remains were discovered. I was to hear of Edna’s disappearance for the first time. I would also hear about the active search which took place for Edna, on Sept. 22, in Saguache County to the eyes of the authorities looking for Edna. I believed this to be a divine encounter for these two women and for their families.

At that moment there was a debt of gratitude written on my heart for Edna and will continue for all of those in authority who are doing their assigned tasks and looking for missing people. Today we remember Edna Quintana, her family, and friends, searching for a loved one is a journey nobody ever imagines they will take.

It is wrapped with moments of great sadness. It’s a painful journey of ambiguous loss alone. My experience proves that we must have God’s help and intervention. Therefore, I ask that today prayers be offered to those in authority, who are given the task of finding Edna. They need strength and perseverance. I am with you in spirit Suzanne Morphew’s sister.”

:(

Nov 16, 2023 article

[…]

“He also told me he had her purse with her phone, and I asked him to give it to me,” Marilyn said. “So, the story I was told was that my sister and the guy she was seeing had gone up to the mountains, and I don’t know how long they stayed. They supposedly went to their favorite spot, and the guy supposedly told her to not go very far because he couldn’t hear. He also stated that she seemed to be waiting for a car while walking around. He also later stated that he heard a car pulling up, and it was misfiring in the mountains, but told my sister he wouldn’t be able to hear her if she went too far. None of that made sense to me.”

[…]

Nov 16, 2023 article

[…]

“He also told me he had her purse with her phone, and I asked him to give it to me,” Marilyn said. “So, the story I was told was that my sister and the guy she was seeing had gone up to the mountains, and I don’t know how long they stayed. They supposedly went to their favorite spot, and the guy supposedly told her to not go very far because he couldn’t hear. He also stated that she seemed to be waiting for a car while walking around. He also later stated that he heard a car pulling up, and it was misfiring in the mountains, but told my sister he wouldn’t be able to hear her if she went too far. None of that made sense to me.”

[…]
Bbm.
Sorry if mistaken ... but that sounds suspicious as anything !

In regards to the second bolded bit, a car pulling up isn't generally very loud, whether it's an electric vehicle or gas powered one ?
I don't want to think too much about a car backfiring, but holy cow, some say it sounds like gunshots.

So heartbroken for Edna's loved ones !!
This sounds very bad.
Omo.

I agree with the general trend of this discussion. The facts in this case do not seem to follow a logical pattern. Not being a hiker or outdoor enthusiast, and not being in overall good health, why would Edna supposedly go hiking in that area? IMO it makes no sense, nor does the fact that her BF would continue on hiking while she returned to the car, nor does that fact that he would drive off without her and Edna not be reported as 'missing' for several days.

IMO many things do not seem to make sense here.

I agree with the general trend of this discussion. The facts in this case do not seem to follow a logical pattern. Not being a hiker or outdoor enthusiast, and not being in overall good health, why would Edna supposedly go hiking in that area? IMO it makes no sense, nor does the fact that her BF would continue on hiking while she returned to the car, nor does that fact that he would drive off without her and Edna not be reported as 'missing' for several days.

IMO many things do not seem to make sense here.
And taking her purse and phone with him.

Nov 16, 2023 article

[…]

[…]
Seems like a red flag imo. Also, curious if he claimed hearing impaired previously or just that day? moo

From the article:

This was the first time Marilyn had heard that Edna had gone to the mountains with her guy friend on this occasion. Marilyn knew they frequently went up to the mountains together to go hiking and to look for some type of valuable rocks that they would sell together.

Marilyn said she asked the boyfriend that Edna was seeing if they had gone to the mountains, and why he did not say something sooner.

“He said, ‘well I didn’t tell you about it, because I know you don’t like me.’ I explained to him that it was only common sense that if something like this were to happen, that he should tell one of us. This is the first time we had heard about it,” Marilyn said.

Marilyn said one thing that stood out to her was that the boyfriend that her sister was seeing was just listening to all of this at her cousin’s house, as her cousin’s husband was telling her about it, and the guy was just leaning up against the door while eating and nonchalantly suddenly said, “Well, I do have her purse.” Marilyn said that he didn’t seem bothered or sad by it at all, though her sister had been seeing him for a couple of years.

Nov 16, 2023 article

[…]

[…]
Thanks for posting the quoted link which adds some clarity to the dynamics here. Also, it appears to me that Edna most likely left her purse with phone inside the vehicle which explains why the bf was in possession of each. It doesn't answer where Edna is located.

More from the link:

“I went to my cousins to ask if they had seen her, and when I went over there, the person my sister was seeing was there too. I asked my cousin and her husband if they had seen Edna, and they told me well we would like to ask you the same thing. My cousin’s husband also started telling me that she had been left in the mountains, and they couldn’t find her. They supposedly sent one of her friends to tell us about it too, but instead, all the friend did was ask for her at my mom’s.”

This was the first time Marilyn had heard that Edna had gone to the mountains with her guy friend on this occasion. Marilyn knew they frequently went up to the mountains together to go hiking and to look for some type of valuable rocks that they would sell together.

Marilyn said she asked the boyfriend that Edna was seeing if they had gone to the mountains, and why he did not say something sooner.

“He said, ‘well I didn’t tell you about it, because I know you don’t like me.’ I explained to him that it was only common sense that if something like this were to happen, that he should tell one of us. This is the first time we had heard about it,” Marilyn said.

Marilyn said one thing that stood out to her was that the boyfriend that her sister was seeing was just listening to all of this at her cousin’s house, as her cousin’s husband was telling her about it, and the guy was just leaning up against the door while eating and nonchalantly suddenly said, “Well, I do have her purse.” Marilyn said that he didn’t seem bothered or sad by it at all, though her sister had been seeing him for a couple of years.

I'm not sure what the BF's statement means. What's this business about Edna supposedly waiting for a car? And at some point a 'backfiring' car shows up? What kind of car was it and who was inside?

Is there some implication being made that Edna's disappearance and the supposed arrival of this car are somehow related?

I'm not sure what the BF's statement means. What's this business about Edna supposedly waiting for a car? And at some point a 'backfiring' car shows up? What kind of car was it and who was inside?

Is there some implication being made that Edna's disappearance and the supposed arrival of this car are somehow related?
Agreed Dargon, I don’t get this statement either. Before, I was under the assumption that Edna had turned back to go to HIS CAR, the one they arrived in. Now it seems he’s saying she was waiting for “a car”. I sincerely hope LE is doing more than we are aware of regarding this guy. I don’t like it. Nothing adds up, but the complicated web of stuff goes back to this boyfriend every time. JMO!!

Snapshot of what was happening when Edna went missing last May:

• Edna disappeared Weds - May 3, 2023 while hiking with a male companion.
  • She was close with her mother and typically visited daily: her sister saw her at her mother's home on Monday and a brother saw her there on Tuesday.
  • On Tuesday, Edna left her laundry in mom's clothes dryer.
  • On Weds, when sister learned Edna left her clothes behind, she sent Edna a scolding message and asked her to contact her. She never heard from Edna.
  • Sister became alarmed when mom did not hear from Edna (and she had not yet collected her clothes) by Thursday evening.
  • Sister recalled Edna's friends (including the male companion) were looking/asking around for Edna near her mother's residence on Thursday.
  • Police told sister she had to wait 48 hours to report her missing.
  • Edna was taking Rx for seizures and being last seen in the mountains caused more worry.
  • Male companion showed sister on a map where he last saw Edna in the mountains.
  • Sister went to the hiking area and houses her sister would have walked by to make inquiry but nobody reported seeing Edna.
  • When sister returned from initial mountain search, LE was interviewing family as well as the male companion about Edna missing.
  • Sister describes the male companion as seemingly unconcerned about Edna being missing.
  • From statements by the male to the sister, Edna seemed to be waiting/on the lookout for somebody to collect her from the hiking area. (Male companion allegedly has hearing loss).
  • LE has not identified the male companion and has issued no statements about cooperation or lack of.
  • Edna missed Mother's Day and her Mom's birthday without contact-- very uncharacteristic of her.
  • Where are you dear Edna?

Snapshot of what was happening when Edna went missing last May:

• LE has not identified the male companion and has issued no statements about cooperation or lack of.
Snipped for focus.
Since no one has been cleared incl. her companion, I wonder if LE are pretty much focused on him ?
Silence from LE may mean they're following leads.
Hoping for answers soon !

Last edited:
IMO, the "friend" mentions a car misfiring in case anyone in the vicinity heard gunshots that day.
Bbm.
Setting up an alibi ?
Not hinky in the slightest. :rolleyes:
Imo, if it quacks like a duck....
Why even bother to say this at all ?
My sarcasm is directed only at the one who did not report her missing for how many days ?
6 ?
After they'd been together for a few years , iirc ?
Disrespectful way to treat another human being.
Idk how 'close' they were, but still .

So sorry for this ladies' family.
Omo.

Last edited:
That's how I understand his statement. IMO he's implying Edna was 'waiting for a car' for some reason. Makes no sense at this point...

IMO, Edna never made it alive on the mountain hike but I do think her phone/purse traveled there on Weds, May 3. I also think the backfiring vehicle is a red herring.

I suspect something likely happened to Edna on 5/3 at or near a residence causing heavy police presence at Gunnison and 9th within the Town of Saguache on 10/13/23. (This may or may not be the residence area of the male companion).

Without a body and evidence proving a homicidal act was committed causing Edna's death, it's difficult to obtain an arrest warrant. An arrest starts the judicial clock ticking and we all know the prosecution only get's one bite at the apple. I trust LE is keeping tabs on all the parties. JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back