CO CO - Edna Quintana, 55, Saguache County, last seen on foot, 3 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This boyfriend sure has a lot of questions to answer! Like, was Edna ever really there? Was he? Had they ever been known to hike together before? Why would Edna leave her purse and phone with him? Why on earth did he not worry when he returned to the car and she wasn't there? Seeing as he apparently had no trouble driving away, he had the car keys. So did he let her walk back to the car knowing she couldn't get in? If when she turned back he gave her the car keys, why did he keep her purse and phone? So when he finally got back to the car, is he saying that the keys were there, but she wasn't? Why didn't he report her missing then but apparently carried on normally? IMO there are no believable answers to these questions, it is a completely false story. Well, that is my opinion.
Hoping LE have her phone now and are investigating it.
Also about Edna's purse -- have and debit/credit cards been used ?
Without knowing for sure, did she have any cash in her purse, i.e., any atm withdrawals lately ?
Those are just some of the things I'd be checking out if I was LE.

Somehow I don't think she wandered away and got lost, or any self-harm.
I think it's possible something bad happened and she was taken advantage of; or she saw something she wasn't supposed to see ? :(
Omo.

I have no idea if this is related to Edna but fyi just in case.

Saguache County Sheriff's Office
1h.@
There is a heavy police presence at Gunnison and 9th within the Town of Saguache. The activity will continue for the foreseeable future. This is an ongoing investigation, and details will be released when they become available. The Saguache County Sheriff's Office, along with CBI, Colorado State Patrol, Alamosa Sheriff's Office, and Center Police Department, are working the scene. The Sheriff's Office is asking the community to be patient during this time and avoid the area if possible. No further information is available at this time.
No updates on this activity today.

Is this related to Edna, JM's suspect or neither?

No updates on this activity today.

Is this related to Edna, JM's suspect or neither?

Saguache County Sheriff's Office

There is a heavy police presence at Gunnison and 9th within the Town of Saguache. The activity will continue for the foreseeable future. This is an ongoing investigation, and details will be released when they become available. The Saguache County Sheriff's Office, along with CBI, Colorado State Patrol, Alamosa Sheriff's Office, and Center Police Department, are working the scene. The Sheriff's Office is asking the community to be patient during this time and avoid the area if possible. No further information is available at this time.

I think the fact that the report citing an ongoing investigation and no further information is available at this time came directly from the SCSO should be respected and one where the public will learn more details when it's deemed appropriate, and the release of information will not jeopardize the integrity of an investigation, on what appears to be all hands on deck!

However, IMO, there's been at least one change here today in that SCSO closed its post to public comments and/or limited who could comment on the announcement.

Also, we know from experience that SCSO does not hesitate to request assistance from the public if needed such as when they recovered what turned out to be the remains of James Montoya last July. MOO

ETA: Interesting comments to the shared SCSO post...

Last edited:
Very strange how this case is getting no attention other than this was the person they were searching for when the found SM.

Active LE presence this weekend and not a peep from the media. If this was thought to be related to the SM case the media would have been all over it.

Two very similar case from the same general area, but the EQ case gets not attention

Only 5 pages here, whereas SM case had dozens of threads by this point in the investigation.

I wonder why the media and internet do not seem to care about this case?

Very strange how this case is getting no attention other than this was the person they were searching for when the found SM.

Active LE presence this weekend and not a peep from the media. If this was thought to be related to the SM case the media would have been all over it.

Two very similar case from the same general area, but the EQ case gets not attention

Only 5 pages here, whereas SM case had dozens of threads by this point in the investigation.

I think that LE is saying nothing about EQ's case for strategic reasons. I think they are onto the last person known to be with her, the person who had her purse and belongings, and they don't want to spook that person and make him run or destroy evidence. JMO

I agree with @katydid23 that the police are keeping quiet for obvious reasons. However, it pains me to say this because it’s so unfair, but SM was a woman of means, beautiful, social media presence with gorgeous pics of family vacays and such. Edna likely saw none of that and therefore journalists look for what will get them the most views and clicks. Sad, but true :(. I hope Edna is found soon, so she gets justice too and her family can find some peace

There are about half a million people (or a little more) missing in the United States. You'll find that the vast majority of them receive very little coverage. Newspapers are collapsing, there's no one on the "crime beat" in my own town, where there are at least 3 people missing this year.

I went out to try and put up missing person flyers just before COVID and found that almost no businesses would allow it.

There's way more attention currently (nationwide) to missing person Claire Grimm than to Fang Jin (but Fang's case is about 3 months old). Claire's parents are media savvy and live, apparently, in NYC - where they were able to get some traction with a local news outlet. At the same time, this San Diego woman's missing status has received very little attention here in California - and only a bit more in Arizona (where she went missing). But that will fade.

EQ's case does have FB presence, which is good. And did, from near the beginning. I've read posts by her family member and thank you's from the family to the handful of people who continue to search for her. EQ was last seen by her male companion, who inexplicably drove off without her (taking her purse and other belongings with him), according to him. So the point of the search start was where he said he had parked. He may have been lying, of course.

Without clear evidence of where a search is supposed to start, most LE will not call in lots of SAR people (who are normally all volunteers and who need to avoid getting hurt/lost themselves).

At any rate, none of the three people missing from my town have gotten either local or national coverage. And last month, a body was found (of another missing person in my county), winding up that case (but leaving at least 300 cases still open. Colorado has 600 people who went missing in the past year - and almost none of them have gotten wide media coverage.

IMO.

EQ was last seen by her male companion, who inexplicably drove off without her (taking her purse and other belongings with him), according to him.

I can't believe leaving someone and driving off like that. Not to mention taking all her belongings with him. Sounds very bad in my opinion.

I agree with @katydid23 that the police are keeping quiet for obvious reasons. However, it pains me to say this because it’s so unfair, but SM was a woman of means, beautiful, social media presence with gorgeous pics of family vacays and such. Edna likely saw none of that and therefore journalists look for what will get them the most views and clicks. Sad, but true :(. I hope Edna is found soon, so she gets justice too and her family can find some peace

Exactly. And Claire Grimm and Esther Dingley, as well as many others we know here on WS, also fit this pattern. If a podcast hadn't been done, even Kristin Smart's case would not have been solved (despite billboards, etc). And if a podcast hadn't brought the facts of Mitrice Richardson's absolutely tragic disappearance to light, we would not know as much about the differential treatment (within one community) of how the missing are handled.

IMO.

There are about half a million people (or a little more) missing in the United States. You'll find that the vast majority of them receive very little coverage. Newspapers are collapsing, there's no one on the "crime beat" in my own town, where there are at least 3 people missing this year.

I went out to try and put up missing person flyers just before COVID and found that almost no businesses would allow it.

There's way more attention currently (nationwide) to missing person Claire Grimm than to Fang Jin (but Fang's case is about 3 months old). Claire's parents are media savvy and live, apparently, in NYC - where they were able to get some traction with a local news outlet. At the same time, this San Diego woman's missing status has received very little attention here in California - and only a bit more in Arizona (where she went missing). But that will fade.

EQ's case does have FB presence, which is good. And did, from near the beginning. I've read posts by her family member and thank you's from the family to the handful of people who continue to search for her. EQ was last seen by her male companion, who inexplicably drove off without her (taking her purse and other belongings with him), according to him. So the point of the search start was where he said he had parked. He may have been lying, of course.

Without clear evidence of where a search is supposed to start, most LE will not call in lots of SAR people (who are normally all volunteers and who need to avoid getting hurt/lost themselves).

At any rate, none of the three people missing from my town have gotten either local or national coverage. And last month, a body was found (of another missing person in my county), winding up that case (but leaving at least 300 cases still open. Colorado has 600 people who went missing in the past year - and almost none of them have gotten wide media coverage.

IMO.

Great post @10ofRods...

A quick reference of the Saguache County Sheriff's FB further illustrates how many locals are reported missing that have never made a headline or trending. Fortunately, many who must have been missing voluntarily are reported as located and/or no longer missing.

^^bbm

Bumping for Edna.
Was hoping for a break by now ?
:(

I only wish we knew whether the information from the boyfriend has any basis in reality. For all we know, he just went out there (so that his car appears to be there, and her phone is in the car). It's hard to believe that she separated from him on a hike and he took off without her. And doesn't mention this fact to anyone for three days. (IIRC).

She could very well be in a completely different place.

I only wish we knew whether the information from the boyfriend has any basis in reality. For all we know, he just went out there (so that his car appears to be there, and her phone is in the car). It's hard to believe that she separated from him on a hike and he took off without her. And doesn't mention this fact to anyone for three days. (IIRC).

She could very well be in a completely different place.
So true. She could well be anywhere.
I do find it curious though since she did not hike that the bf went with a hiking alibi. Perhaps there is another reason he wants to put them both there at the hiking area.
I would not abandon looking for her there. JMO

Last edited:
So true. She could well be anywhere.
I do find it curious though since she did not hike that the bf went with a hiking alibi. Perhaps there is another reason he wants to put them both there at the hiking area.
I would not abandon looking for her there. JMO
For example, if he had put her remains out there, and then was seen by someone returning to his car----maybe he decided to make up the hiking story, just in case?

Nov 11
From the link:

Edna’s sister, Marilyn Quintana, also got up and read a poem for her sister and with tears running down her face said, “Her two sisters, her brother, and her mom, miss her very much and want her back. We ask everyone to please keep Edna’s name active. We do not want anyone to forget that she is still not home. We hope and pray that she is found safe. Please everyone help us keep her case and name active. Edna, we love you, we miss you, and we just want you home.”

RBBM
Thanks for sharing this article, @Unalienable Rights. Sadly, I know I wouldn’t have seen it otherwise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back