CO Father of missing baby 25 years ago reaches out to parents of baby Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM. Answer: Because they have something to hide. This further cements my opinion that one and/or both parents had something to do with making this child disappear. It seems as if every day, we hear of something new that they have done to slow/derail the investigation. Parents of a missing baby do not behave this way, unless they are trying to conceal something.

At first, I was willing to allow them leeway, acknowledging that not all parents act the same way. However, as each new day arrives with their bizarre behavior continuing, it speaks volumes to me. MOO of course.

Exactly the reasons I was thinking GeorgiaGirl!

The only thing they have been actively doing is bringing in people to make this case look like a circus, not to help find Lisa. Mr Abeyta didn't fit in htat category so they turn him away. It's not seeming to me that they want her found, I hope I'm wrong.

And they are being approached by many kooks and such. If he just went up to their door unannounced I don't blame them. He needs to go through proper channels (no clue who that may be though)

Since this was reported a kidnapping, wouldnt the parents have police with them wherever there location? :waitasec:

If BS, an attorney, a family member, etc turned him away for whatever reason, it goes back to them not having adequate representation. If your child goes missing, wouldn't you want the best child recovery team working for you? Wouldn't you want someone experienced in missing children helping and representing you? Why opt for someone who turns away true help?

MOoooooooo

If the family made the decision not to meet with Mr. Abeyta I am going to give them a pass on this one too. 1) They must be having a very hard time figuring out they can trust right now so I'm not sure I would welcome a stranger into my home either. 2) The other A's managed to work their way into the middle of too many missing cases after little Caylee went missing/died and IMO they did more harm than good. I would be hesitant to invite anything similiar into my child's case. 3)* If I did welcome support from other families who had been there I think I would want it to be from someone like KH's parents in Canada. A family that is proof that there is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel not a father that would serve as a reminder that in 25 years I could still be stuck waiting for any word on my child.

* No offense to the Abeyta family. I have been reading Christopher's thread here as well as his website and their story is heartbreaking. I can't imagine being in their place and living with not knowing for all this time. What they have done and continue to do is a real testament to their strength and love for their child.

Exactly the reasons I was thinking GeorgiaGirl!

The only thing they have been actively doing is bringing in people to make this case look like a circus, not to help find Lisa. Mr Abeyta didn't fit in htat category so they turn him away. It's not seeming to me that they want her found, I hope I'm wrong.

Exactly. Deflect, deflect, deflect. It sure doesn't seem as if they want this baby found -- judging by their actions. MOO.

okay, you guys should be all set now (and moved out of the search thread...LOL) enjoy your new home and keep it clean ;-)

Why would they want anyone else involved right now? They are still hoping LE can find her. LE calls the shots until the they ask for assistance from the public.

Why would the family want to talk with someone else in the same situation right now? The can't be anywhere near acceptance stage, they probably haven't even come up for air yet, still in shock.

From Oct 12th:
Another family’s pain

Denise Alves' brother also went missing in the 80s. She said that 26 years ago Christopher Abeyta was taken from his crib when he was just seven months old. Christopher, like Michaela, has not been found.

Denise says her family was wrongly accused of having something to do with his disappearance.

The website dedicated to Christopher, www.findchristopher.com, shares a message to Christopher from his family that reads:

“We have searched for you for 25 years. Our lives have forever been changed by this cowardly act done to an innocent baby, and there is no such thing as closure.

“We have lived with the hope that you were raised with a family whom has loved and cared for you. Your family continues to investigate your disappearance and will not stop until we have answers and justice has been served.

“You have loving parents and six older brothers and sisters who play an active part in your investigation. We love you!”

Denise said in an email last week that Lisa’s story brings back memories and raw emotions. “These parents are going through a living hell,” she said. “My Parents woke to an empty crib and it soon became apparent that the police were not following up on leads and law enforcement formed a myopic view on the case and felt my Mom had something to do with his disappearance, which hindered the investigation.

Watch “The Steps of Christopher Abeyta’s Kidnapper.”

“If only the detectives had not flawed the investigation I believe we would have answers and not have had to live this nightmare for so long.

“The good news is that after 26 years the current detectives are having the case reviewed at the persistence of my parents. We have lived what Lisa Irwins’ parents are going through.

“There are only 12 infants documented by the National Center for Missing Children in the United States in 28 years who have been taken by a stranger and not reunited with their families and Christopher's case is one of them,” she said.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...-mother-sister-of-missing-loved-ones-weigh-in

Sounds as if Mr Abeyta and his family are people you would want around. This article seems to have been written before Mr Abeyta traveled from CO.

If they're placing all their bets on LE then why the need for the PI and possibly some kind of investigative dream team Stanton has spoken of? That confuses me.

According to the family Lisa was abducted from her crib. So was Christopher. According to the family no one heard a thing. True too in Christopher's case. According to DB she failed a LDT and was accused by police of harming her child. So was Christopher's mom. In Chris' case leads were ignored very early on - why wouldn't Lisa's family want to benefit from the experience of the mistakes made in the Abeyta case?

Why wouldn't they want to use every resource made available to them to recover their baby girl?

It said he went to the door of the baby's uncle. I don't think it was the mother who answered - it may not have been a relative at all, but a neighbor, friend, etc. I'm sure they've gotten lots of attention, tips and "offers to help" from all kinds of kooks and crazies, so the family might have given everyone they know directions not to speak to anyone and to have inquiries go through the lawyers/PI/someone else.

And remember, he was standing there with a camera crew behind him and probably a news truck parked on the street..

I think they need a bit better organization but I think it's too early to say that they knowingly turned him away because they have something to hide.

Don't get me wrong- I think other things they've done/said have been very suspicious. But I don't think that one video reveals anything.

I am not going to make any judgments based on a media report. Who knows what's going on inside this investigation?
The family may not even know who this man is, or what he went through. They may not be getting all the information.

This is Christopher's sister. I will try to clarify what I can. My Parents feel compelled to help after what they experienced. My Dad is a resource of information for them and can even help guide them. We know firsthand it is possible to have your baby kidnapped from their crib while sleeping, unbelievable as it is. We know what it is like to be accused of doing something to your child, and you didn't. We know what it is like being thrown into the media with every word you say critiqued and dealing with inacurate reporting. We know now the investigative side. We know how to deal with LE. Until you've walked in those shoes, you can not judge. But unfortunately this is what they've been dealt.

The family member who answered the door didn't give him a chance to talk, so I am certain that the parents didn't know who was extending help. My father is going to reach out to them again today.

This is Christopher's sister. I will try to clarify what I can. My Parents feel compelled to help after what they experienced. My Dad is a resource of information for them and can even help guide them. We know firsthand it is possible to have your baby kidnapped from their crib while sleeping, unbelievable as it is. We know what it is like to be accused of doing something to your child, and you didn't. We know what it is like being thrown into the media with every word you say critiqued and dealing with inacurate reporting. We know now the investigative side. We know how to deal with LE. Until you've walked in those shoes, you can not judge. But unfortunately this is what they've been dealt.

The family member who answered the door didn't give him a chance to talk, so I am certain that the parents didn't know who was extending help. My father is going to reach out to them again today.

My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like your dad is an amazing man to give up his time to assist this family. Hopefully he can get through to them.

Thanks for clarifying, Denalves. Families of missing children get an awful lot of loony tunes hanging around offering to "help", so I suppose we really can't blame the family for reacting that way. Once they know where your father is coming from hopefully they will react differently.

Please tell your Father thank you from us for offering his help to find Lisa! Let's hope they accept his offer this time!

I don't even know what to say anymore.
I understand the kook factor, but darn if they don't seem to be like a family waiting for the hammer to drop.
I'm so mad about all of this,I don't even want to hear the pc later.
mo money mo money mo money thats all i hear.

And they are being approached by many kooks and such. If he just went up to their door unannounced I don't blame them. He needs to go through proper channels (no clue who that may be though)

BBM

That's my thought too. The parents went to the media in the beginning and were vilified; she's crying too much, she's not crying enough, she's crying on cue, etc. So they pulled back. It may well be that the family, including g-parents and extended family, have circled the wagons around them.

This man should meet with the team that has been put together and perhaps become part of that.

thank you for clearing that up Denalves. thank you to your father also!

i feel like this family has made some mistakes, i can't imagine what they are going through. i hope your father gets to talk to them. it is shocking to me that these parents are being crucified this early in the game. damned if they do, damned if they don't for sure. i prefer to look at more evidence and not their actions before i hang them. i think they are BEYOND stressed and are making some poor choices. i can't blame them at all obviously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD
Back