Found Deceased CO - Female Hiker, Arapahoe Pass and Glacier Trails, near Nederland, 30 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A search began Tuesday after two hikers near the Arapahoe Pass Trail and Arapahoe Glacier Trail west of Nederland heard a female yelling for help. There are indications a female was hiking in the area. Her vehicle, a blue Subaru station wagon, was found at the Fourth of July trailhead.

Search ongoing for missing female hiker in Boulder County

The rescue teams met up again at 7 a.m. Wednesday to resume searching.

The search is focused on the Fourth of July Mine area. That area received about 10 inches of snow overnight, complicating the search.

The woman who they believe is missing is typically a day hiker and would not be equipped for the weather.
Search continues for possible missing female hiker west of Nederland

poster%20_OP_8_CP_%20copy_1541001255003.jpg_101872027_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

jimhooley on Twitter
6:14 AM (MT) - 31 Oct 2018

BOULDER CT: Search underway for missing hiker west of Nederland. Details @KDVR @channel2kwgn
Dq1f0FwU8AAE0kn.jpg

Denver7 News on Twitter
9:34 AM (MT) - 31 Oct 2018

The search continues this morning for a possible missing hiker after two people heard yelling while exploring a trail west of Nederland yesterday afternoon. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-possible-missing-female-hiker-west-of-nederland …
Dq2NP7lU8AAtJn9.jpg

FOX31 Denver KDVR on Twitter
1:35 PM (MT) - 31 Oct 2018

Search ongoing for missing female hiker west of Nederland http://bit.ly/2CRqLBS
Dq3EmHdWoAA04rD.jpg

Bummer, that was quick for a demise after hearing her yell for help. Rest easy nature lover.

Here's the latest - tragic indeed but a reminder who all who "day hike" to always take gear to stay safe and warm at night if you are lost or injured. Body Found During Search Of Missing Hiker

I'm a serious hiker and so the missing hiker stories always bring me in (and one of them is what brought me here a couple of months ago). Your message is so incredibly important that I wanted to bold and repeat it. Always, always have the Ten Essentials, and outside of the summer season even more than that, no matter what hike you're doing and how short and easy you think it might be. Thank you for posting this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64
Back