CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, 27 Jan 2020 MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

McKinney also wants all interviews of #LeteciaStauch at state hospital to be videotaped, for use in followup evaluation (should state psychs find her incompetent.)
8:28 AM · Jun 5, 2020

Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel

Prosecutor Martha McKinney makes a motion: If state hospital finds #LeteciaStauch incompetent, McKinney wants judge to halt immediate restoration treatment, to allow for second evaluation at prosecution's request.
8:28 AM · Jun 5, 2020·

Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel

#LeteciaStauch's evaluation will be at Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo. Likely to take 90 days at least. Judge schedules a return hearing for Sept. 8 at 1:30 p.m. to receive competency report.
@csgazette
8:26 AM · Jun 5, 2020

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

That’s a wrap on the #LeteiciaStauch hearing. Two big take-aways. One, she will be evaluated for competency, potentially introducing months of delays in case. Two, a jawbone found in FL has been ID as #GannonStauch, prosecutor says.
@csgazette
8:57 AM · Jun 5, 2020

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

However, decomposition has hampered a Florida medical examiner's effort to complete the autopsy, so no report available, Allen says. He says local expert is also in possession of molars taken from remains. Those will be studied w/i 2 weeks.
@csgazette
8:50 AM · Jun 5, 2020

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

NEW: Authorities here have received a jawbone from remains found in Florida, and a prosecution expert ID'd it as #GannonStauch. "It is Gannon," Allen says. But, prosecution still doesn't have autopsy report.
@csgazette
8:48 AM · Jun 5, 2020·

“I received threats in my peanut butter”: Letecia Stauch files complaint about mistreatment in jail | FOX21 News Colorado

Aug 29, 2020

In the letter dated Aug. 12, Stauch claims she received threats in her food and has been abused at least 15 times while being transported. She says she suffered injured ribs, bumps to her head, cut ankles and wrists, and the loss of sensation in her hands.

“I’ve proven myself as a responsible citizen and should not be subjected to the cruel punishment that I receive at CJC,” Stauch wrote.

Stauch complained that she has not been able to meet in-person with her legal counsel in five months. In May, her lawyers asked a judge to allow video conferencing or for Stauch to be released on bond.

“I understand this pandemic is unforeseen but I don’t feel I should be held unconstitutionally, denied access to my attorneys, have constitutional rights violated, and be abused in the process,” Stauch wrote.

She says she cannot properly participate in her defense because she is limited to three one-hour phone calls with her attorneys each week.

“I do not feel like a U.S. citizen being treated this way in my beloved country. I’m not getting a fair process, I’m not getting represented properly and I’ll give the benefit of the doubt of a pandemic but the other unjust treatment is not the way that our founding fathers intended this process to go,” Stauch wrote.

READ: Letter from Letecia Stauch to Judge Gregory Warner

Stauch said she is concerned about someone tampering with her food.

What Letecia Stauch's letter to a judge could mean for her case - KRDO

Aug 31, 2020

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- Letecia Stauch, the woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, penned a letter to an El Paso County court judge earlier this month, claiming abuse. But how will it affect her case?

[..]

KRDO sat down with criminal defense attorney Jeremy Loew to ask what effects a letter like this could have on her case.

How often do defendants write letters to the judge in their case?

"They're written actually very rarely, probably 1 out of every 20 cases does a defendant decide they need to communicate directly to the judge. The reason why it's so rare is any criminal defense attorney would absolutely advise their client not to do this.

[..]

What was your impression of the letter?

"When I initially read the letter, I thought she came across very coherent in the beginning of the letter. She started rambling toward the middle and then returned to coherency at the end of the letter." [..] "This letter doesn't help that incompetency finding because she is coherent, she is able to communicate with her defense team.

[..]

Stauch complains she isn't able to meet with the defense team in-person due to COVID-19 restrictions. Will those complaints hold up in court or better her chances for an appeal?

"No, because she does have access to her defense team. She may not have the access that she likes to her defense counsel but she is able to communicate with them. She's indicated there's over 30,000 pages of discovery. She has access to that discovery. Her defense team is likely having someone read that discovery to her on a weekly basis."

Review hearing for Letecia Stauch scheduled for today

Sept 8, 2020

COLORADO SPRINGS — A review hearing for Letecia Stauch, who is accused of murdering her stepson, is set for Tuesday afternoon regarding her mental competency evaluation that was ordered in early June.

This court date was scheduled to see if the evaluation has been completed. Depending on whether or not it was completed, Stauch could appear before the court at 1:30 p.m.

[..]

Under Colorado law, if a subject is found to be competent to stand trial, the case can proceed. If a subject is found not to be competent, they could be ordered to continue care under doctor's guidance, then return to court in 90 days for another hearing to determine competency. The process can be repeated indefinitely.

Woman suspected of killing Gannon Stauch is found competent to stand trial

In a court appearance on Tuesday, we learned that a state hospital found Letecia Stauch competent to stand trial.
Her defense requested a second mental health evaluation.
Her next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 12.
The first mental evaluation was conducted at the Colorado State Mental Health Institute in Pueblo.
The second evaluation will be conducted by Dr. Jackie Grimmett of Colorado Springs.

Spencer Wilson[URL='https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews']@Spencer_WNews[/URL]

A #LeteciaStauch update in court for the murder of #GannonStauch. . State Hosptial DID find her competent to stand trial. . Defense is asking for a SECOND evaluation, due in 63 days. . DA’s office expected this. No argument.
12:59 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Spencer Wilson@Spencer_WNews

A few extra things: Defense is claiming the first competency evaluation should not have been recorded, does not want the second one recorded. Judge says he will look into it. Both prosecution and defense have copies, but were ordered not to watch until a ruling.
1:26 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Spencer Wilson@Spencer_WNews

“Everything now is taking longer than it was 5-6 months ago.”- Judge Werner talking about obstacles moving forward.
@4thJudicialDA
tells me even with these set backs, they’re not surprised it’s taking this long to make progress.
1:27 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

Judge Werner says his gag order isn't meant to "interfere" with requirements of open records laws. Says his order doesn't bar
@EPCSheriff
from considering information request. County attorney says sheriff will consider media information request. #GannonStauch
12:47 PM · Sep 8, 2020·

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

The upshot is, I asked
@EPCSheriff
for information concerning #LeteciaStauch's claims she was abused in jail. I wanted to know if she filed official complaints. Defense wants judge to bar
@EPCSheriff
from releasing info to me, saying it could prevent LS from getting fair trial.
12:43 PM · Sep 8, 2020·

Lance Benzel@lancebenzel

Now an El Paso County attorney is asking judge to clarify limits of his gag order on case, as it applies to
@EPCSheriff
. This relates to an information request by The Gazette -- me, actually -- and another outlet.
@csgazette
#GannonStauch
12:40 PM · Sep 8, 2020·

THANKS to everyone here for keeping track of this case! I have finally caught up.
The photobucket format changed drastically and I am no longer able to organize as I like to.
The only good news is that it is cellphone friendly now.

Everything about the search and recovery and memorials, etc is in the main album archive.
All about the evil one (hearings, news, eventual trial) is in the Justice for Gannon section.

Gannon Stauch Case Archive:
Gannon Stauch -CO-

JUSTICE for Gannon section:
Justice for Gannon

El Paso County Jail Coronavirus Cases Surge With 76% Of Inmates Testing Positive

November 10, 2020 at 10:38 am

The coronavirus outbreak at the El Paso County Jail continues to worsen. A total of 911 inmates out of 1,200 at the jail have tested positive for COVID-19. That’s 76% of the jail population.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says 73 employees at the jail have tested positive for coronavirus. That includes two people who have been hospitalized.

The sheriff’s office has not released any details about the sick employees. The jail also hasn’t confirmed whether any inmates have needed treatment outside of the jail.

2 employees hospitalized with COVID-19 and 859 inmates are positive with the virus at the El Paso County jail

EL PASSO COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to grapple with a massive COVID-19 outbreak at the jail, which has two employees hospitalized as of Monday night.

11 News partner The Gazette was the first to report the latest numbers on Monday. Out of the more than 1,200 in-custody inmates, 911 have tested positive for the virus. A total of 73 sheriff’s office employees have tested positive and two have been hospitalized. Additional details on the employees hospitalized and their current status were not available.

Since the pandemic started, 85 employees have tested positive along with 927 inmates.

The number of cases has skyrocketed in recent weeks, not just in the jail but across the state. Outside of the jail, Gov. Jared Polis announced an extension for the mask mandate on Monday. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office started dealing with the most recent outbreak on Oct. 26.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back