CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, 27 Jan 2020 MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is the basic process for extraditing someone into Colorado?

Extradition is the legal process of bringing back a "fugitive from justice" to the state of Colorado because he or she committed a crime within the state.1 The basic process for extradition into Colorado is as follows:

Request by another state for the fugitive;

Preparation and signing of a governor's warrant by the Governor of Colorado;

Arrest of fugitive (if not already in custody);

Writ of habeas corpus hearing;

Extradition to demanding state.

From:Extradition from another state into Colorado - How it works

Letecia ‘Tee’ Stauch: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Court records show that Letecia Stauch was previously arrested in North Carolina and South Carolina. She was charged with first-offense domestic violence in South Carolina in November 2010, but the case was later dropped.

In North Carolina, she was placed on probation in 2002 after three 2001 arrests. She was charged in February 2001 with communicating threats, in April 2001 with simple assault and June 2001 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, according to North Carolina records. Further details about those cases were not immediately available.

@Cindizzi -“I see some are trying to pinpoint the search areas in Douglas County. Trying to gather them here!”

February 12. Hwy 105 between Palmer Lake & Larkspur.
Search for Gannon Stauch moves into southern Douglas County
February 13
Crews probe 35-acre area of land in southern Douglas County in ongoing search for Gannon Stauch
February 14
Officials not using citizen volunteers to search for Gannon Stauch in Larkspur
February 15 This show the gate that some thought was a privacy screen.
Nicole Fierro on Twitter
February 16
Neighbors in Douglas County willing to help in the search for missing Gannon Stauch
February 17 yellow flags and sifting
Spencer Wilson on Twitter
February 18
Nicole Fierro on Twitter
Search put “ on hold “ for February 18 and February 19
Sheriff's Office: Gannon Stauch search put on pause, investigation continues - KRDO
Back in action on February 20. New location private property Noe Rd and Greenland Rd
Julia Donovan KRDO on Twitter

February 21 Search efforts suspended. Also crime lab back at house
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Catherine Silver on Twitter

February 26 Crime Lab at the house with rolls of brown paper, orange cone, etc.

February 29 Last search near Monument with CONG volunteers
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

Gannon Stauch stepmom previously arrested for battery, domestic abuse and theft
Snipped
March 2nd 2020, 10:37 pm
Updated: March 2nd 2020, 10:37 pm
“The stepmother of missing Colorado boy Gannon Stauch had been arrested for a string of crimes in four states under three different names before her arrest on Monday on suspicion of murder, criminal records show.

Letecia Stauch was even sentenced to prison after one arrest and has been convicted of charges including battery, grand-theft auto, making threats and domestic violence, according to the docs.

Letecia Hardin was an accomplished student who was frequently named to the honor role and excelled in extracurricular activities when she was first picked up by police.

It was soon after she graduated high school in 2001 that she was arrested for stealing a car in North Carolina.

The Robesonian reported at the time that she ‘was found guilty of felony larceny which was reduced to misdemeanor unauthorized use of a vehicle.’

For that offense, Letecia was sentenced to 45 days in jail but given credit for time served.

She was also put on probation for 18 months and order to pay just over $1,000.

That same year she was also charged with communicating threats and simple assault, but those counts seemed to be dropped...

It was also traffic offenses that got Letecia picked up in Virginia a few years later, but she was able to get off after paying a fine ....

Her next arrest was in 2010, by which time she was going by Letecia Hunt.

The newly-married teacher, who had graduated from Liberty University by then, was cited for domestic violence and domestic abuse in Horry County, South Carolina, ....

That is the same county she was arrested in on Monday.

Those charges were eventually dropped and there is no online record of the court filing.
Letecia Hunt began going by Tecia soon after that arrest, and eventually got a job teaching in South Carolina.

Last edited:
Tuesday, March 3rd:
*First Court Appearance (@ 9am ET) – SC/CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs, not found) – Letecia Lynn Stauch (36) arrested (3/2/20) & charged (1/27/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse leading to death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with evidence. Held without bond.
Monday, 1/27/90 left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home. LE calling him a runaway because allegedly the last search on his phone was “can my parents track me if my phone is off.” His phone was left at the house. A little after 10 p.m. on Tuesday, 1/28/20 the El Paso County Sheriff's Office showed up at Gannon's home. Law enforcement walked up to the home and appeared to be searching in the backyard with flashlights. The garage door was opened and a car was pulled out. On Monday, 2/3/20, Roderrick Drayton, a neighbor of Stauch’s, shared surveillance video from his home that captured footage of what he says shows Stauch and his stepmother, Leticia Stauch, getting into a red truck in the driveway of their Colorado Springs home on Monday, Jan. 27 @ 10:13am – the day the boy went missing. The video later, Drayton said, shows the truck returning hours later (@ 2:19pm) but with only the stepmother appearing to get out.
3/2/20 Update: Stepmother, Letecia Stauch, arrested on suspicion of murder in Myrtle Beach, SC. Charges: 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse leading to death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with evidence. Held without bond. First court appearance via jail video on 3/3/20.

ARREST: Letecia Stauch, stepmother of Gannon Stauch, arrested for murder of Colorado boy
Snipped

“Shortly after the interview, Stauch went back to South Carolina, where she is originally from, and where she would be arrested several weeks later.

HAPPENING TODAY: Stepmother charged in death of missing boy set to appear in court

Stauch faces charges of first-degree murder of a child under 12 years old of a person in a position of trust, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with a deceased human body and tampering with evidence.

With the judge’s permission, WMBF News will stream Stauch’s court appearance live on our website, app and Facebook page.

Neighbor with video evidence in Gannon Stauch case reacts to stepmom’s arrest
Snipped
Roderrick Drayton says he knew Letecia had something to do with Gannon Stauch’s disappearance. Until Monday, he had been hoping that -- somehow, some way -- Gannon was still alive.

Drayton’s video shows Gannon leaving with his stepmom, but Drayton says Gannon was nowhere to be seen when Letecia returned.

“I watched the video,” Drayton said. “I could slow it down, speed it up. I know he didn’t come home with her. I knew something — she [had] done something with him or to him.”

Drayton started reviewing footage after a knock on the door from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

“I just kept looking through video,” he said. “Hundreds of clips. Until I found it.”
“It’s been really tough,” said family friend Cassy Brown.

Brown’s son was friends with Gannon. The two bonded over video games.

“He really did love Sonic as much as everybody says,” Brown said.
——
Video of Gannon

Last edited:
‘I didn’t run from you guys’: Gannon Stauch stepmother is denied bond, will head back to Colorado to face murder charges [WATCH]
ETA:
by Leigh Egan
March 3, 2020
“The stepmother of missing but presumed dead Colorado boy, Gannon Stauch, waived extradition in South Carolina courtroom on Tuesday morning.

Horry County Judge Clifford L. Welsh told Letecia ‘Tecia’ Stauch that there was no way he would set bond for her, given the charges she’s facing in connection with Gannon, who vanished while under Stauch’s care in Colorado on Januar 27.

‘I didn’t run from you guys. I don’t have any trouble with you guys,’ Stauch responded, according to KKTV 11. ‘I didn’t even know until yesterday, so the date on that paper is wrong.‘

Stauch, who was arrested Monday morning in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, made her first appearance in front of the judge to determine if she would waive or fight extradition back to Colorado Springs.

Welsh explained that there are few defenses she could use to fight extradition back to Colorado, where she’s been charged with murder and related charges in connection with her stepson, Gannon. Stauch ultimately agreed to extradition after the judge explained she wouldn’t get any time served while waiting on an extradition hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back