Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working, so no time to see if this was already posted. If it was, I apologize!
But I found it interesting to read what her co-worker thought of her. Not exactly shocking.
And she worked at a restaurant? I thought she was a teacher?
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/n...3lh5g4-eOEqFWtkEsz9to9nC4HY9KuE371cfTfrgGw04M
Well then. And if anyone wants insight into how could others not see it, note the reference to how she made herself out to be Al’s hero by saving him from a failing marriage.
Love-bombing is the bait of a Narcissist.

I'm curious what her rights are, being held for extradition without bond on such serious charges from another state. @gitana1, any other legal eagles, have a moment to enlighten us? I imagine she has the right to her own attorney (if she had the means and desire) but do the courts in SC have any obligation to provide her counsel? Could she theoretically do anything to try to stop her extradition at this point, by hiring a attorney to file a motion or something? TIA

I think it depends. Some states and courts will provide counsel at extradition hearings and some won't. I don't believe there is settled caselaw constitutionally on the matter.

I did not pick-up this case until yesterday. I received a news alert because TS was arrested in my home state. This case strengthened my bond with my little boys, however. I could not wait to get them from school yesterday. We played air hockey, Nintendo and had tacos for dinner.

My heart absolutely breaks for AS and LH. I watched my husband shed a tear last night when I showed him Gannon’s photo and read him his AS’s statement. I cannot imagine the pain they are experiencing. I am praying that Gannon’s remains are found today, and that TS spends the rest of her life rotting in a cell.

When I saw that hearing I thought she's either: 1)Dumb or 2) Arrogant......then I said to myself, "who are you kidding, she's both!" I think #2 has gotten her this far, let's hope #1 took over when she disappeared Gannon! Prayers for guidance to lead someone to find him!

#FindGannon #GannonStrong

But, I'm thinking it doesn't matter. That Judge more than once told her CO was already in the air to "pick her up."

Patrick Frazere refused to talk to LE. Because of his first attorney LE couldn't touch him.

Look where it got him? Life + 156 years.

Besides, she has the inability to keep your trap shut.

Yes, the judge made the comment that he suspected that CO authorities were already in the air. But then she cut him off to say that they were already there.

I'm still a good 20 pages behind so my apologies if this has been addressed. I work for a law firm in NC.

MOO: I don't find it at all concerning that LS did not have an attorney for the extradition.

While a person is entitled to indigent services for an extradition hearing (per the North Carolina General Statues § 7A-451(a)(5)), she would first has to be found to be indigent:

Affidavit of Indigency

MOO: LS is far too concerned with appearances to even consider asserting she is indigent. And on top of that, it's ONLY extradition, she knows they are getting her back to Colorado no matter what.

As the Judge explained, the burden of proof for extradition is essentially nothing:
1. She is in fact LS
2. LS has been charged with a crime in Colorado

"Fighting" extradition is an exercise in futility.

Rest assured the Judge THOROUGHLY explained everything to her. She will have signed her waiver of extradition freely and voluntarily:

Waiver of Extradition

All her talk about an attorney... she has not retained an attorney. She is just running her mouth... yet again. You can be sure the Court made the determination that she is not represented by a private attorney. As others have pointed out, friend Dora/Laura having an attorney and LS wanting to call her, there is nothing to even say that said attorney would want to get involved. She also doesn't specify what state, but if she is referring to a CO attorney, they would not be able to represent her in the extradition hearing anyway. (Unless they are by some rare chance also licensed in NC, highly doubtful)

While she could hire private counsel at any time, she can't be appointed an attorney for her criminal charges until she has been returned to CO.
@Ketzer, your post was very information. Thank you!
Admitting indigence will be a difficult hurdle of humiliation for her to overcome. She'd rather appear ignorant than to admit needing help, especially from someone with less education. That, or her arrogance hasn't been humbled enough. I feel sorry for the PD assigned to her case.

BTW, someone posted yesterday about her past. Saying that T accused her husband's Army superior of rape. It was debunked and that resulted in them getting kicked off base.

Does anyone have more info on this? TIA.
I only know that I read the same thing. If true I know that officer is happy to know he will now be cleared in everyone’s mind. I read today that her criminal record covered three States just for grand auto theft. The girl got around. mall these things will come out now.
I hope AS was unaware of her past.

"When was she buying the dog coats at Petco, before or after Al kicked her out? Before or after Gannon was reported missing? You’d think she would save her cash for rent and be more concerned about the missing boy than her dog."

I might be off on the timeline, but she'd already have to give the dog up before then? She tried to sell the dog before that. So why dog coats?
What source are you quoting?

Yes. It concerns me. I don't want there to be ANY reason this trial could be lost and she could go free cause of something like this.

(I'm about 20 pages behind so this has probably been discussed by now)

But I thought when you're arrested they read you your rights and tell you you have a right to an attorney.
She asked for one.

I'm still a good 20 pages behind so my apologies if this has been addressed. I work for a law firm in NC.

MOO: I don't find it at all concerning that LS did not have an attorney for the extradition.

While a person is entitled to indigent services for an extradition hearing (per the North Carolina General Statues § 7A-451(a)(5)), she would first have to be found to be indigent:

Affidavit of Indigency

MOO: LS is far too concerned with appearances to even consider asserting she is indigent. And on top of that, it's ONLY extradition, she knows they are getting her back to Colorado no matter what.

As the Judge explained, the burden of proof for extradition is essentially nothing:
1. She is in fact LS
2. LS has been charged with a crime in Colorado

"Fighting" extradition is an exercise in futility.

Rest assured the Judge THOROUGHLY explained everything to her. She will have signed her waiver of extradition freely and voluntarily:

Waiver of Extradition

All her talk about an attorney... she has not retained an attorney. She is just running her mouth... yet again. You can be sure the Court made the determination that she is not represented by a private attorney. As others have pointed out, friend Dora/Laura having an attorney and LS wanting to call her, there is nothing to even indicate that said attorney would want to get involved. She also doesn't specify what state, but if she is referring to a CO attorney, they would not be able to represent her in the extradition hearing anyway. (Unless they are by some rare chance also licensed in NC, highly doubtful)

While she could hire private counsel at any time, she can't be appointed an attorney for her criminal charges until she has been returned to CO.

Also, I thought the judge was very nicely taking on some of the explanatory responsibilities of her eventual lawyer; and probably does so for many other folks who cross into his courtroom with no counsel at the moment. I thought the judge was very much trying to, as they say, "preserve the record" right from the get-go, and avoid any type of similar charge being made.

Someone commented on the other thread about the possibility that she stole the designer handbags she was selling online. Online prostitutes get paid in handbags and quickly sell them for cash. This is the way they launder the dirty money. And married guys can use credit cards instead of cash to buy them gifts as a form of payment. Designer handbags are the most common form of payment for these high priced hookers.

I was gonna say I saw this somewhere; so thanks for the actual link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper