Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never confirmed that the sock was bloody. It was just written as "bloody board and a sock." So I think it could be taken either way but there's not been a confirmation that the sock was bloody. However LS's excuse that he cut his foot seemed to have been an excuse to cover up the bloody sock. (But there's not been a confirmation)

Although the paragraph head says “Bloody sock and board” which IMO may be somewhat misleading, the actual article says “Stauch added that her husband told her that Gannon’s sock and a bloody 2×4 board were found in the woods near Douglas County.”

There were a few posters (cant remember names) who felt something was up speaking to the Kansas stopover. Most of us, myself included felt it was routine with the travel distance. They were right!

Her check in time struck me as off, being mid afternoon (meaning she actually set foot in the Saline County Jail quite a bit earlier. It seemed an odd stopover time seeing as they could have pushed on to CO and still arrived at a decent hour that day. I thought it was calculated to avoid crowds. But now I know better.

Last edited:
In Ontario, for me as a parent in order to even volunteer in a public or private school, I am required to have a Police Reference Check as well as a Vulnerable Sector Screening or I can't step foot in the door as a volunteer.

This screens you for criminal convictions, outstanding charges and warrants, Restraining Orders, discharges and pardoned offences, etc.

How in the hell did this woman ever get employed by a school board with her past criminal offences of domestic violence, communicating threats and simple assault? I am not familiar with what the screening laws are from state-to-state.

Had I been a parent in that school system, I would be absolutely enraged to know that this woman had been working with children after finding out what her previous offences were!

Maybe they need to create a new screening process and call it 'Gannon's Law' in order to prevent anyone with this type of background from ever getting close to children in the school system ever again and putting them at risk.

Of course this wouldn't save a child from abuse at home, but it would minimize the risk of exposing students to teachers/school employees who have already exhibited violent criminal behaviour in their past.

Just a few thoughts and JMO

Gannon is a hero!!! As much as watching this has gutted me, I also find it comforting to see his smiling face and know that in his short life he had many happy times, brought joy to others, and was/is loved!

Sharing to remember this amazing boy!
Have your tissue box handy:

Permission was given by a mod to post this!

#GannonStrong #GannonsGuardians #FindGannon
God...this is heartbreaking!!!

Many prisons have programs that the inmate can participate in. The prison my son is in offers auto-body classes, HVAC classes, welding classes and they run an entire dairy operation. moo

Yeah, but they need to earn their way into those programs by being good prisoners. Good luck to Ms Stauch in getting into any area where there are tools or live animals.

LE didn’t report it as far as I know. It was TS talking about it in her interview with Leigh Egan IIRC.
Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

EBM to fix typos
I would like to add something here.

Yada yada yada it is never her fault. Last week I had to factory reset my phone. And I lost a lot of screenshots. Well who am I kidding I lost all my screenshots. But I had all the screenshots for LS has Facebook page.

Many of them stood out to me, but one in particular-- it said: " it's not my fault he had silly accidents and there's blood." Something very similar to that.

Narcissists think teaching is easy because they think learners will just automatically learn from the knowledge and wisdom that is dripping from their every pore. Rules and deadlines are not for them. The children have to follow lots of rules and deadlines, in the tutelage of a narcissist, and face often subtle aggressive behavior in the classroom. Sometimes the behavior is sexualized (in ways that an experienced teacher-observer will immediately see).

I too do my very best to weed them out at the beginning of their course of study (I teach a couple of classes designed for teachers, nurses, LE and others who have to deal with humans in the real world; they are out very quickly if they are irresponsible in their assignments). I teach at two different institutions, one makes it easy for me to drop the non-performers, the other doesn't allow me to drop students just for being irresponsible (but I can give then an F - it's actually scary to do that, as they can get really belligerent later).

They are indeed cold and ruthless, but it's better they turn it on us than on defenseless kids.

It's cool you can refund them and send them away.

Oh so you know exactly what I mean.

And yes that's what shocks them. We're not a college we are a private training center and we do not have to accept anyone. It's fascinating to me the way they react because they don't know I own it. (I never let them know that) so after they send off a ranting email (which is usually longer then the 200 word essay they didn't have time to write) I will reply to them as a big ol boss man apologizing for the issue. Assuring them they are right but refusing to budge with a line like "Obviously our services aren't meeting your needs at this time and it would be wrong of us to take your money without giving you the quality you deserve." I don't even care if I'm throwing us under the bus. I just don't want to help them go hurt children.

We're lucky. I imagine it's a lot harder when you have to pass them in a class.

In regards to AS not recognizing that his son was being abused by LS; I previously posted my opinion at a professional level from things I have experienced being a Nurse. I unfortunately also have personal experience. I was married to my ex husband for 18 years, he was diagnosed with BPD during our divorce and he was definitely Narcissistic as well.

In my opinion, I don't believe AS just left his children in the care of LS knowing they were possibly being abused.

When you live with someone who BPD or NPD or both its not always explosive and violent. In fact it's scary and confusing how normal things can appear to be most of the time. It's about control for them and being right ALL of the time. It's strange to look back on it now and I often ask myself why I stayed as long as I did. The problem is you learn to adapt. You stop offering your opinion, you do your best not to disagree with them, you do what they want and let them live in a world where they are always right. Your children also learn early on that as long as you don't step out of line there won't be any scary yelling sessions. When the person with the neurosis is in control things can go pretty smoothly and you can function like this for a long time, at least until you grow tired of being stifled and walking on eggshells like I did. My ex husband never physically abused any of us, not even once. But, he did have tantrums and yelled, screamed, threw and broke things etc when he didn't get his way.

Sure, you see things and you know deep down that this person you married needs help. But it's not always obvious abuse or even physical abuse. I honestly believed that he was just strict and I was sensitive for the longest time. Years of this coupled with education and therapy showed me it was not ok.

I filed for a divorce AND that's when the real fun started. In 18 years I had never seen the behavior he exhibited during that time. He did everything possible and I mean EVERYTHING to regain control including a suicide attempt in which I had to do CPR and save his life. That is when he finally got help and a diagnosis. I divorced him and we moved on and he still struggles with angry outbursts when I tell him something he doesn't agree with. I don't know if there is a real fix but he is way better than he used to be and more aware of the consequences of his behavior.

Sorry for the book. I just wanted to share because it's not always cut and dry and I don't think AS saw his children being abused and simply overlooked it. I think she snapped when things started spiraling out of her control. Control is key to these personality types.
Thank you for your Insight!!

I think it may have been a section from one of Al’s projects that was laying in the garage. Probably something she grabbed on her way out with Gannon. JMO
I agree. Cutting out a piece of sub floor is not easy. Plus, it would be super noticeable when walking across the floor if not replaced properly. We recently had to cut through some in the house and it was a real ordeal.

Speculation: the "bloody board" is a piece of the subfloor in the room where the assault took place, and she used a woodworking tool to cut the blood-soaked section out and tossed it. Gannon's basement bedroom would not have subfloor however, just pad and carpet over poured cement foundation. CS teams cut more pieces of the floor and took them as evidence.
MOO

I like this theory you presented.

If there is indeed a "bloody board" this makes sense to me. I like how you tied in the woodworking tool. Many of us believe she mentions things for a reason.

In Ontario, for me as a parent in order to even volunteer in a public or private school, I am required to have a Police Reference Check as well as a Vulnerable Sector Screening or I can't step foot in the door as a volunteer.

This screens you for criminal convictions, outstanding charges and warrants, Restraining Orders, discharges and pardoned offences, etc.

How in the hell did this woman ever get employed by a school board with her past criminal offences of domestic violence, communicating threats and simple assault? I am not familiar with what the screening laws are from state-to-state.

Had I been a parent in that school system, I would be absolutely enraged to know that this woman had been working with children after finding out what her previous offences were!

Maybe they need to create a new screening process and call it 'Gannon's Law' in order to prevent anyone with this type of background from ever getting close to children in the school system ever again and putting them at risk.

Of course this wouldn't save a child from abuse at home, but it would minimize the risk of exposing students to teachers/school employees who have already exhibited violent criminal behaviour in their past.

Just a few thoughts and JMO

Such laws exist in some states already, but are often "unfunded mandates," meaning that while the legislators made the law, they didn't provide the funding. So, while California requires that kindergarten classrooms be no more than 18 kids (IIRC), most K classrooms are above that - but nothing can be done, because no money.

They do collect fingerprints from everyone (I think it's in all 50 US states), and presumably run those through (felony) databases, but clearly TS's ability to plead down to misdemeanors in every case aided her. The information was out there - but probably not linked to her fingerprints. Most districts don't have the funds to run so much as a simple background check on every single person, which is why they ask applicants to swear under penalty of perjury that the facts in their application were true and correct. Administrators who are actually supervising the person are more likely to run checks if they see questionable behavior (some are pretty lax though).

Perhaps violent misdemeanors should be added to the list for checking.

I agree. Cutting out a piece of sub floor is not easy. Plus, it would be super noticeable when walking across the floor if not replaced properly. We recently had to cut through some in the house and it was a real ordeal.

If the floor was cut up like that they would probably have arrested her immediately. It would be too obvious.

I would like to add something here.

Yada yada yada it is never her fault. Last week I had to factory reset my phone. And I lost a lot of screenshots. Well who am I kidding I lost all my screenshots. But I had all the screenshots for LS has Facebook page.

Many of them stood out to me, but one in particular-- it said: " it's not my fault he had silly accidents and there's blood." Something very similar to that.
I saw that one, too. And there was one that said “this was an accident , not some tragedy”. WTH?

They may be on the same page for now but sadly it won't be long before they are not. A child's death takes an enormous toll on people.
What’s happening to them is going to be happening every day for the rest of their lives. The challenges are too many to count and it’s a case of that child dying every day at some level.

I love that Al is divorcing her, just to add one more rejection to her.

I have to wonder how she’ll do in prison. She’s tough right now because she’s caught and has nothing to lose.

In prison it will be a different matter. There will be tougher women than her in there. Woman who will be bigger, scarier. I think it’d going to be a bumpy ride for her if she doesn’t tone down the attitude. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper