Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear....seems like this bloody 2x4 just might be the cinnamon rolls of the past. But I am having a problem with it. Are we to think that the 2x4 was a murder weapon because it had blood on it? If so, that's what I am having a problem with.
Anybody?
MOO,MOO
I don’t think it’s the murder weapon. It would be quite difficult and impractical to kill someone with something like that, even a child.

She may have used it to abuse Gannon, or it may have been exposed to blood during an act of abuse.

I definitely think it’s relevant to all of this, but not in that way (the actual murder).

My husband has a ton of leftovers. Our youngest son builds stuff, and grands play with grandaddys blocks...
I know. You can make little boats out of them, use them to prop up whatever isn't level, endless uses.

ETA it would be like a quilt maker throwing away little pieces of material. Just won't happen.

As others have mentioned, I can't see home craftsmen throwing away any type of wood, even short lengths, except maybe sawdust. And even that could be used in the garden.

They were using it. She only threw it away because it was bloody. We don't know that AS was a "home craftsman," he may have just been an ordinary homeowner that does minor repairs, like most of us.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom Letecia Stauch slips handcuffs and attacks deputy, according to report

Sorry but I was rewatching the video of her appearance before the El Paso County Judge and I kept thinking I really wish that weird guy that keeps making faces behind her, would just attack and eat her :p God forgive me but at this point, I think it would make everyones day :D Video is halfway down the posted link, if you have time rewatch and visualize. We all need a good laugh at this point

omg hahahahaha
drugs much? lol

As others have mentioned, I can't see home craftsmen throwing away any type of wood, even short lengths, except maybe sawdust. And even that could be used in the garden.
Nope, scraps are almost always used in other projects. My grandpa was a woodworker, I'm a woodworker, my son-in-law is too.
"Throwing away" wood is sort of unheard of, as there are countless uses for it, and eventually, utterly useless pieces may even end up in a Saturday night bonfire.

Not that anyone believed the "flying out of the truck" load of carp, anyway.

jmo

Dad of ‘murdered’ Gannon Stauch files for divorce against stepmom accused of killing him
A spokesperson at the Office of the State Court Administrator confirmed the filing, made on Thursday, to The Sun on Friday.

Albert Stauch said his marriage is "irretrievably broken" in the filing, in which he ordered the family dog, a young Blue French Bulldog named Sadie be returned to him immediately.
Now we have second verification, not just TS herself. This article clarifies that there was a bloody board and a sock found in the woods.

Oh dear....seems like this bloody 2x4 just might be the cinnamon rolls of the past. But I am having a problem with it. Are we to think that the 2x4 was a murder weapon because it had blood on it? If so, that's what I am having a problem with.
Anybody?
MOO,MOO

I think the only reason she would at all think to move it is if it was the murder weapon.

IMO MOO

I think he was sitting on the floor in his bedroom playing a video game and she was using the board to sort of jury rig measure some piece of furniture that she was moving around in his bedroom. (or for whatever other reason she had it but the point is she was standing over him as he sat on the floor and he knocked the candle onto the carpet and she lost her temper and raged slammed him on the head with the board.

He falls backwards on the floor bleeding out into a circle and he's nearly passed out. She storms out of the room in a rage and then later she realizes that she hit him really badly. She comes back in and cleans him up in the bathroom and does the recording to cover her butt with AS. At this point she doesn't realize how bad she hurt him but knows she can't send him to school the next day.

And I don't think she realized she fatally injured him. She just knew if she sent him to school CPS and if dad found out trouble. So she basically gaslights Gannon into thinking it was just a crazy reaction because he set the carpet on fire.

Next day she takes him out with her because she doesn't trust leaving him at home and him maybe telling someone what she did. Tells him to lie down in the car at a store I'm not allowed to mention. And he died while she was in the store.

That's why she's so glib about "how can they call the house a crime scene when they saw him leave with me on the recording." Yeah it's the crime scene. I also think this is why she's being charged with something like neglect or not providing care to a child. (Help to clarify)

And I also think that's why she mentioned he was pooping is pants that day. I think when she came back to the car she smelled it because the body had released. So she knew she had to come up with an explanation for that. And I think she drove near her house and threw his body down a ravine or near a train tracks to cover up the blunt trauma to the head. (She knew what killed him)

Goes home. Puts the board in the truck. Waits and reports him missing. Next day drives to a rental car place and rents a car. Moves the board to the rental car to dispose of it. Forgets that LE can track where she drove the car which is why they found the board in the first place. And that's when they knew he was dead.

But this is all speculation on my part.

Last edited:
They were using it. She only threw it away because it was bloody. We don't know that AS was a "home craftsman," he may have just been an ordinary homeowner that does minor repairs, like most of us.

Possibly, but "ordinary homeowners" don't have a table saw in the garage. ;)
I do think he was more of a craftsman than anything else.
Not that it matters, I just remembered the pics of the garage with the door open.

You can see some short 2x4's on the floor of the garage in the first week's MSM feed. At least, that's what they look like to me and to others.

Congratulations on your well-funded school district! Ours requires fingerprinting - but not for one off volunteering, such as being a chaperone for a field trip. Nor, for certain other brief roles in the classroom. Our local districts do not have funding to run "full background checks" on every parent volunteer. Certain categories of employees are much more likely to get the "full background check" thing, but sadly, teachers with previous employment at a district that will provide a reference are not usually fully checked. To fully check, one needs to get actual court documents. We have that service at our schools, but it's about $50 a pop.
In our school district the volunteers have to pay for the clearances themselves. Imo

Dad of ‘murdered’ Gannon Stauch files for divorce against stepmom accused of killing him
A spokesperson at the Office of the State Court Administrator confirmed the filing, made on Thursday, to The Sun on Friday.

Albert Stauch said his marriage is "irretrievably broken" in the filing, in which he ordered the family dog, a young Blue French Bulldog named Sadie be returned to him immediately.

I'm guessing that LS will not be appearing in court to combat that request regarding Sadie and I hope Sadie is okay. In fact, LS will probably not respond to much of the pleadings in this divorce case. It'll go fast. Hopefully, there's some mechanism CO has for a final decree even absent a spousal signature (if the spouse is incarcerated).

Nope, scraps are almost always used in other projects. My grandpa was a woodworker, I'm a woodworker, my son-in-law is too.
"Throwing away" wood is sort of unheard of, as there are countless uses for it, and eventually, utterly useless pieces may even end up in a Saturday night bonfire.

Not that anyone believed the "flying out of the truck" load of carp, anyway.

jmo
Agree with all of that. And just to add I have been right behind pickups that have had wood "fly" out of the truck beds, mostly plywood but it sure doesn't fly out sideways into the nearby woods. It comes straight for your windshield, and lies right there in the road or on the shoulder/berm.

Part of the confusion, IMO, is that a 2x4 is not normally called a board. Sure it can be measured in "board feet", but generally most people would say just 2X4 (which as many have pointed out would be 1.5" x 3.5".) The term "board" would generally refer to something wider, IMO. Probably the police told AS "2X4", probably AS then said "2x4" to stepmom, and stepmom, maybe not having much vocabulary regarding lumber, changed it to "2X4 board". That would be my opinion. I don't believe he had any actual 2x4's in the garage, they wouldn't even be left over from building a house because building codes would prohibit the use of them in house construction.
It could have been a left over piece from the flower pot Al and Gannon made for her, or the LEGO table he made.

I'm guessing that LS will not be appearing in court to combat that request regarding Sadie and I hope Sadie is okay. In fact, LS will probably not respond to much of the pleadings in this divorce case. It'll go fast. Hopefully, there's some mechanism CO has for a final decree even absent a spousal signature (if the spouse is incarcerated).
I am imaging the bulldog is dead.
That's so crude to say......

I wonder what happened at the school in Widefield.

Only worked there 3 months. I hope we find out why she stopped.

I read that she was injured (something about a box falling on her head) and she stopped showing up (which sounds like similar no-show behavior that happened in SC where she just stopped showing up and claimed she was being harrassed). We now know that she got her license suspended because of the false claim of harrassment and breaking contract. There is speculation that she will use that injury to try and excuse what happened. Not buying it, but a desparate person will grasp at anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06