Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely believe the officers were having fun with her. They live to taunt people who end up in the back of their vehicles in cuffs. I’ve seen it first hand. I can only imagine what they were saying to her getting her brain going. “You’re gonna rot lady”. “Just tell us where Gannon is games over, yer done”. That sort of thing. Then she flipped!

MOO doubt that deputies sent to pick her up did anything unprofessional. I doubt statements like a above were said. MOO do deputies risk allegations of misconduct in a case like this?
MOO when they were talking with her, MOO she just became increasingly aware that the arrest warrant was real and that it was going to end up that she was going to prison for life.
MOO panic attacks and violence occur when people realize that they are going to be in a cell for the rest of their life,
MOO also think that she was trying to escape or commit suicide with a jump out of a fast moving car.
MOO in slipping off the cuffs: MOO is likely she simply has small hand to wrist ratio and she was able to work her hand out of one over so many hours.

Agree with all of that. And just to add I have been right behind pickups that have had wood "fly" out of the truck beds, mostly plywood but it sure doesn't fly out sideways into the nearby woods. It comes straight for your windshield, and lies right there in the road or on the shoulder/berm.
As I said: "When boards fly is when pigs fly!"
Lol!

Oh dear....seems like this bloody 2x4 just might be the cinnamon rolls of the past. But I am having a problem with it. Are we to think that the 2x4 was a murder weapon because it had blood on it? If so, that's what I am having a problem with.
Anybody?
MOO,MOO
It’s what we don’t know. I hate even thinking about it.

Now we have second verification, not just TS herself. This article clarifies that there was a bloody board and a sock found in the woods.
The Sun cited their previous article, which cited Crime Online as the source.

So it’s not a second verification.

I absolutely believe that a bloody board and sock were found, but this isn’t independent reporting.

Such laws exist in some states already, but are often "unfunded mandates," meaning that while the legislators made the law, they didn't provide the funding. So, while California requires that kindergarten classrooms be no more than 18 kids (IIRC), most K classrooms are above that - but nothing can be done, because no money.

They do collect fingerprints from everyone (I think it's in all 50 US states), and presumably run those through (felony) databases, but clearly TS's ability to plead down to misdemeanors in every case aided her. The information was out there - but probably not linked to her fingerprints. Most districts don't have the funds to run so much as a simple background check on every single person, which is why they ask applicants to swear under penalty of perjury that the facts in their application were true and correct. Administrators who are actually supervising the person are more likely to run checks if they see questionable behavior (some are pretty lax though).

Perhaps violent misdemeanors should be added to the list for checking.
Thank you for this information. Absolutely agree - violent misdemeanors should be on that list.

Anytime I have had needed a police reference check or screening, I have paid for it myself and sent the original copy to the party I was submitting it to.

Maybe having the applicant absorb the cost of these checks as opposed to having the applicant swear under an oath of penalty could make a difference in the screening process? Take away the financial strain from the district and put it on the applicant.

It would likely deter applicants from applying knowing that their criminal behaviour would get discovered once the check was completed?

JMO

Possibly, but "ordinary homeowners" don't have a table saw in the garage. ;)
I do think he was more of a craftsman than anything else.
Not that it matters, I just remembered the pics of the garage with the door open.

Oh, okay. We have a table saw, most of my family members and friends have a table saw - but we are in no way "craftspeople" or "woodworkers." We have a standing drill press, two jigsaws and a wet saw too. But it's not a hobby and we are not woodworkers or tile layers - we just do what we have to do to keep the house standing up. It's really hard to find a tradesperson to do minor repairs here. It's been a year since we used our table saw and I dread this summer when we have to do some demolition and stud replacement (we'll have to chop the old 2x's to get them into the fire pit).

I do know some woodworkers, and grew up around them. My dad had lots of tools, but it was his brother who was the craftsman, according to my parents.

@leighEg did TS specifically say it was Gannon's sock or did she just refer to it as "a sock?" By the way, thank you for getting the scoop and your excellent reporting! It has obviously given us a lot to think about!

Thank you for reading, and she specifically said Gannon's sock. When asked how she knew for sure it was his sock, she claimed Al may have recognized it.

I wonder what happened at the school in Widefield.

Only worked there 3 months. I hope we find out why she stopped.

I read that she was injured (something about a box falling on her head) and she stopped showing up (which sounds like similar no-show behavior as what happened in SC where she just stopped showing up and claimed she was being harassed). We now know that she got her license suspended because of the false claim of harassment and breaking contract. There is speculation that she will use that injury to try and excuse what happened. Not buying it, but a desperate person will grasp at anything.

Oh, okay. We have a table saw, most of my family members and friends have a table saw - but we are in no way "craftspeople" or "woodworkers." We have a standing drill press, two jigsaws and a wet saw too. But it's not a hobby and we are not woodworkers or tile layers - we just do what we have to do to keep the house standing up. It's really hard to find a tradesperson to do minor repairs here. It's been a year since we used our table saw and I dread this summer when we have to do some demolition and stud replacement (we'll have to chop the old 2x's to get them into the fire pit).

I do know some woodworkers, and grew up around them. My dad had lots of tools, but it was his brother who was the craftsman, according to my parents.
I think we're just using different terminology...after all, my tools were marketed as "Craftsman" from Sears. I use "craft" as opposed to "art". Anyone who fiddles around in the garage making things from wood is a craftsman, to me.

Thank you for this information. Absolutely agree - violent misdemeanors should be on that list.

Anytime I have had needed a police reference check or screening, I have paid for it myself and sent the original copy to the party I was submitting it to.

Maybe having the applicant absorb the cost of these checks as opposed to having the applicant swear under an oath of penalty could make a difference in the screening process? Take away the financial strain from the district and put it on the applicant.

It would likely deter applicants from applying knowing that their criminal behaviour would get discovered once the check was completed?

JMO

That's exactly what I started doing! When I was in administration myself, I just paid to see the most general background check (it was about $25 a month for unlimited simple checks) and if it said "criminal background" I forked over to see it. I wasn't the only one doing this, either (and teachers do it on each other - not a lot, but occasionally).

That's an interesting idea about requiring applicants to get a certified copy of their public criminal records. Or, since the records are State records, why can't all 50 states promise to give over criminal records on any applicant who is applying to be a K-12 teacher? (As a starter law). For free. How about that! We pay for all those convictions, we pay for the maintenance of public records, why not let public institutions benefit from that?

Districts would happily absorb the costs of a few complete background checks per year (most people come up clean). But most districts aren't doing any kind of check at all. The schools are supposed to evaluate and report on the substitute teachers they've hired each year (and the substitutes are supposed to be able to fill out a school report, too). The school where my daughter works is about 2-3 years behind in that task and not catching up, as personnel are constantly called away from that task to do something way more pressing.

Perhaps the dog is with the TE's daughter wherever she may be now.
True. Maybe the 2 kids (Harley and Gannon) each had their favorite dog, with the little kid having a cat or some other pet.

Or maybe little sis and Gannon had the bulldog for their pet, maybe from before 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Or someone bled on the board when it was in the garage, and it might not be Gannon's blood, we don't know that yet, but you'd think it would be his blood or they wouldn't have passed that (found the 2X4) on to AS, IMO.

We don't even know if it was a few drops, or huge splotches, or some quantity in between.

Thanks, NuttMegg!
Just in case someone is going to "go there" on trying to make it a murder weapon, I have to disagree as a woman wood worker. First, it was already in the garage or near it. It takes wrestling to cut one from the floor or wall especially if you're a woman and she didn't have a lot of time. Besides, the house was pretty new, so why would she remove it? The other thing I have to consider is a man can throw a cut 2x around like it's nothing. I have a tendency to use both hands not only because my upper body strength sucks, but also, even though my hands are big enough to palm a basketball, they are slender and more delicate. In order to actually swing it requires two hands unless my adrenaline is pumping. If I'm angry with myself for measuring 20 times and still cutting wrong, I can only throw it one handed spinning because it slips out of my grasp every single time.

I think the blood came from whatever happened to create that "blood the size of a saucer" on the floor in his bedroom. His injury came from an area of the body that just loves to bleed like heads, noses or a deep cut with a good blood supply. But I'm not all too certain that this is the injury that killed him but was from a previous encounter of sorts.

I think instead, that he might have had internal bleeding for a variety of reasons and for some reason (probably because we don't actually SEE the blood) we just dismiss it as serious even though it can be such a life or death situation. Besides, do y'all actually think she would put a bleeding child in that truck without a towel or something to stem the flow? Just a hypothesis....and totally IMHO.

MOO,MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members