Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gannon is a hero!!! As much as watching this has gutted me, I also find it comforting to see his smiling face and know that in his short life he had many happy times, brought joy to others, and was/is loved!

Sharing to remember this amazing boy!
Have your tissue box handy:

Permission was given by a mod to post this!

#GannonStrong #GannonsGuardians #FindGannon
This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for posting this!
Oh so you know exactly what I mean.

And yes that's what shocks them. We're not a college we are a private training center and we do not have to accept anyone. It's fascinating to me the way they react because they don't know I own it. (I never let them know that) so after they send off a ranting email (which is usually longer then the 200 word essay they didn't have time to write) I will reply to them as a big ol boss man apologizing for the issue. Assuring them they are right but refusing to budge with a line like "Obviously our services aren't meeting your needs at this time and it would be wrong of us to take your money without giving you the quality you deserve." I don't even care if I'm throwing us under the bus. I just don't want to help them go hurt children.

We're lucky. I imagine it's a lot harder when you have to pass them in a class.
this is brilliant! I love it. Can I steal your line: obviously our services aren't meeting your needs..... ??

This article was written by famed journalist hack, Chris Spargo. He was the bane of my existence in the Kelsey Berreth case, when he was writing for the Daily Mail.

He has this incredible ability to copy and paste information from various publications, while invariably screwing something up.

Speculation becomes fact, and his articles are often riddled with errors.

He is the living embodiment of the phrase “you can be anything you want to be.”

In his case that means being a sucky journalist. He’s the worst.

He should do us all a favor and write his articles and never publish them.

Aww, c'mon, tell us how you REALLY feel, LOL. :)

I cannot believe that Gannon is lost forever! I will hold hope in my heart that justice will prevail and Gannon will come home to his loving family! It may be a long shot but believe Karma hopefully plays a role!
I don't want to believe it either.
My only interest is in finding him, but if nobody is searching, nobody will find him.
There is no good reason to keep searches a secret at this stage, perp is behind bars.
3-400 people have already been police vetted for searching.
A well organised search is unlikely to disturb evidence when it is led by properly trained SAR people.
I think they should enable such a search, unless they have knowledge his remains have been destroyed, that is the biggest challenge to any search.

I cannot believe that Gannon is lost forever! I will hold hope in my heart that justice will prevail and Gannon will come home to his loving family! It may be a long shot but believe Karma hopefully plays a role!
Gannon is my hero!
Karma is a ——problem for her, considering the way she is imploding, I think it is coming soon... I have been out west to Arizona several times, not so much Colorado...Arizona hiways freaked me out , steep drop offs, no guardrails, I can definitely see her pulling off on the shoulder and simply pushing him out and down...I am going to replace the image of the little broken body falling, w/ the little angel looking down on her in triumph, no longer in WSM clutches...and yes, we decent people want him found, but she will face justice both here and later...

Updated article regarding the "Houdini" incident. The incident apparently happened even earlier in the transport but that jail was full. Snipped below.

Letecia Stauch was being transported by El Paso County sheriff's deputies........, to Colorado Springs on Interstate 70 when she "slipped her cuffs" and assaulted a transport officer at milepost 284, near Abilene, Dickinson County....

Sheriff's deputies assisted in getting Stauch to a local hospital to be checked out,..... After she was treated and released, deputies assisted in arranging for Stauch to be held overnight in the Saline County jail, about 100 miles north of Wichita, Kan., since the Dickinson County jail was full.

Hoffman declined to provide the nature of the treatment.....

An El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said she could not comment on the alleged assault.

"The whole extradition process is going to be a part of the case," she said.

Kansas sheriff: Gannon Stauch stepmom Letecia Stauch attacked deputy during transport

I don’t, unless the new DA wants to be recalled.

In the Frazee case, Dan May’s office never approached the defendant with a deal. This despite the fact that he was likely the only person on earth who knew where Kelsey’s body was located.

If they do offer any sort of deal here, an Alford plea would be a disaster in every sense. No admission of guilt, and no body.

That wouldn’t fly.

Fair point.
They did have Elaina's little body when they offered the Alford to Angela. I forgot that.
My mind went to Alford purely because it would appeal to LS's sense of importance and fabricated innocence.

My only interest is in finding him, but if nobody is searching, nobody will find him.
There is no good reason to keep searches a secret at this stage, perp is behind bars.
A well organised search is unlikely to disturb evidence when it is led by properly trained SAR people.
I think they should enable such a search, unless they have knowledge his remains have been destroyed, that is the biggest challenge to any search.
There are untold millions of acres in which Gannon’s body may lie. I’m sure law enforcement knows what they are doing, as they are being assisted by the FBI.

When the weather improves, I have no doubt there will be more searches in areas of interest. And although we aren’t hearing about a search effort, does not mean there isn’t one going on.

Just because we may not understand their reasoning, doesn’t mean there isn’t a good reason for what they’re doing.

Last edited:
Except that's not what she said (and that's all we have right now) She says she loaded "exercise equipment" into the truck (weights?) in order to go to PIAS to buy Gannon hockey equipment (not to sell it) because it was the "only sport" he was interested in.

Since I think most of her SM utterances are intended for AS's ears, I'm going with she loaded exercise equipment into the truck, not (non-existent) hockey sticks. She apparently never bought Gannon his hockey gear...

RSBM

Love your posts BTW, I have learned so much. Not a bone of contention but I am confused on this one...she didn't say "exercise equipment" She also said she needed the room in the back of the truck to bring used sports equipment to “Play it Again Sports,” a sporting goods store that buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stauch said she planned to shop for hockey equipment for Gannon since it was the only sport he had shown interest in.

I took that to mean he had tried hockey...probably outgrew what he already had...as most kids do, year to year and she was 'trading in"

100%

LIZ HENDERSON liz.henderson@gazette.com
Mar 6, 2020 Updated 9 min ago
“A Colorado Springs woman accused of murder in the disappearance of her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, assaulted a law enforcement officer transporting her through Kansas, authorities say.

Letecia Stauch was being transported by El Paso County sheriff's deputies from South Carolina, where she was arrested Monday, to Colorado Springs on Interstate 70 when she ‘slipped her cuffs’ and assaulted a transport officer at milepost 284, near Abilene, Dickinson County Sheriff Gareth Hoffman told The Gazette on Friday.

Sheriff's deputies assisted in getting Stauch to a local hospital to be checked out, Hoffman said. After she was treated and released, deputies assisted in arranging for Stauch to be held overnight in the Saline County jail, about 100 miles north of Wichita, Kan., since the Dickinson County jail was full.

Hoffman declined to provide the nature of the treatment she received at the hospital and provided no information on the officer who was assaulted.

Hoffman was unaware of any pending charges resulting from the alleged incident. Stauch was not re-arrested or cited, he said.

An El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said she could not comment on the alleged assault.

The whole extradition process is going to be a part of the case,’ she said.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Kansas sheriff: Gannon Stauch stepmom Letecia Stauch attacked deputy during transport

Can’t even go there.

If he gave her the (likely expensive) puppy, and there are personal property matters in the divorce, it could be he wants his dog back because he wants her, and she might have meant a lot to Gannon, and still matters to his sister.
@jillycat, I agree with you. The puppy matters a great deal to AS, and so much that he stated in his divorce. My guess is that Sadie was bought for, picked out by and/or dearly loved by Gannon.

And that would be reason for her to harm the dog. Where is Sadie? She didn't have her when arrested in SC. OMG!

LIZ HENDERSON liz.henderson@gazette.com
Mar 6, 2020 Updated 9 min ago
“A Colorado Springs woman accused of murder in the disappearance of her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, assaulted a law enforcement officer transporting her through Kansas, authorities say.

Letecia Stauch was being transported by El Paso County sheriff's deputies from South Carolina, where she was arrested Monday, to Colorado Springs on Interstate 70 when she ‘slipped her cuffs’ and assaulted a transport officer at milepost 284, near Abilene, Dickinson County Sheriff Gareth Hoffman told The Gazette on Friday.

Sheriff's deputies assisted in getting Stauch to a local hospital to be checked out, Hoffman said. After she was treated and released, deputies assisted in arranging for Stauch to be held overnight in the Saline County jail, about 100 miles north of Wichita, Kan., since the Dickinson County jail was full.

Hoffman declined to provide the nature of the treatment she received at the hospital and provided no information on the officer who was assaulted.

Hoffman was unaware of any pending charges resulting from the alleged incident. Stauch was not re-arrested or cited, he said.

The whole extradition process is going to be a part of the case,’ she said.

[SBM]”
That last line is particularly intriguing. Are they talking about merely using the incident (in court) to establish a pattern of behavior, or is this something much larger?

I read on the Colorado site that fingerprint checks were mandatory. Did the South Carolina Board notify the National Reporting Database for disciplinary actions and sanctions? I’m sorry but someone like this would have never got past my Board. I know States have different administrative code and rules/regulations written into their statutes but there are mandated national standards. States have auditors that should be set in stone when agencies are up for review designated in their State Strategic Plan for each fiscal year. Did North Carolina check the database?

eta: I should have noted I didn’t work for an education licensing board so I probably should just shut my mouth. I think I will leave it to the educators kindly participating in this thread. You are appreciated. I worked for a physician board which may not be relevant to this topic.
There was an article by USA Today in 2017 about how thoroughly schools check teacher's criminal background history.

Colorado was given a 'C', South Carolina recieved an 'A' and North Carolina was given an 'F.'

Did she ever teach in NC? I thought it was in SC where she broke the contract and after that she got the job in Colorado. Anyway surprisingly SC was one of seven to earn an 'A!'

I'm pretty sure every state requires a background check before hiring new teachers or before issuing a teachers license. I don't know what happened in her case but maybe the fact that she changed her name had something to do with it. Also crimes like theft or simple assault are the ones most commonly overlooked.

Imo

Updated article regarding the "Houdini" incident. The incident apparently happened even earlier in the transport but that jail was full. Snipped below.

Letecia Stauch was being transported by El Paso County sheriff's deputies........, to Colorado Springs on Interstate 70 when she "slipped her cuffs" and assaulted a transport officer at milepost 284, near Abilene, Dickinson County....

Sheriff's deputies assisted in getting Stauch to a local hospital to be checked out,..... After she was treated and released, deputies assisted in arranging for Stauch to be held overnight in the Saline County jail, about 100 miles north of Wichita, Kan., since the Dickinson County jail was full.

Hoffman declined to provide the nature of the treatment.....

"The whole extradition process is going to be a part of the case," she said.

She was getting close to the end of her across country drive...I want to know about the officer not this bisch.

My despair is that at this time I cannot reconcile that he may not be found. While that may happen I cannot acknowledge that at this time, on this site, under my name, if that happens you will hear prayers flowing from me but now I guess I just need to believe! God, what could that woman have done to him!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem