Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think there was a pattern of abusive behavior before this, but it was nowhere as extreme as what she likely did on Sunday night.

Her being let go from that teaching position she likely believed was hers, probably set this all in motion.

Something Gannon “did wrong,” caused her to explode in a fit of rage.

Then she planned and carried out his murder, and committed a coverup. I’ve followed countless cases, but I’ve never seen anything remotely close to this.

It follows a pattern, until it doesn’t. Rage and murder is one thing, but rage, abuse, and premeditated murder is unusual.
i think it was a rage too.
the day of the hike with the selfie, gannon looks to me happy and close to Tee. pics don't always show the truth but just the vibe he is giving off is positive and having a good day imo.

something went epically pear shaped that night.

moo

Name License # License Type Status Expiration Date
STAUCH, LETECIA LYNN
1141356 Educator Current 06/30/2021

Ima, you come through yet again! I mean no disrespect to online courses & education, but dear lord this woman has more certifications!?!?!? She must have been online taking courses 24/7 ! o_O

i think it was a rage too.
the day of the hike with the selfie, gannon looks to me happy and close to Tee. pics don't always show the truth but just the vibe he is giving off is positive and having a good day imo.

something went epically pear shaped that night.

moo

I agree with your take. You mean he doesn't look like a kid who's recently "pooped his pants," had a cut foot, and was experiencing stomach problems?? :mad::mad::rolleyes:

That's what makes this case even more heartbreaking to me. He looks (from that pic & others) to be a sweet boy who was generally happy, saw the best in others, and made the best of things no matter what. :(:(:(

MOO

Don’t know if anyone else is seeing this. I’ve been off here for couple hours. I’m seeing a discrepancy in the date TS was told she no longer had the job at School District 20. I know initial reports said “ a couple days BEFORE G went missing”. NOW I’ve seen articles that say January 29th, after he went missing on the 27th. And these are trustworthy sources. Am confused.

D20: Letecia Stauch dismissed from potential job due to background check issues
From KOAA Newschannel 5:
She was going through an orientation process the week before Gannon was reported missing, from Jan. 22 to 24, to become a teacher at Mountain Ridge Middle School. The district said they conducted a background check of Stauch, but ultimately they did not follow through with the hire because reference checks "revealed inconsistent information." Her employment offer was taken away on Jan. 29.

From Fox 21 KXRM:
The district rescinded Stauch’s employment offer on January 29.
Academy D-20 rescinded job offer to Letecia Stauch after stepson went missing

From KRDO Newschannel 13;
:District 20 pulled job offer from Letecia Stauch 3 days before stepson disappeared - KRDO

Well that would make a difference, but my guess is she would have been at work on Monday the 27th if she didn't know they were not going to hire her. I think they notified her at the end of the day on Friday the 24th, maybe they officially took the hiring offer away on the 29th. JMO

I’m at a loss to explain how she was ever hired anywhere in a teaching capacity.

I’m at a loss to explain how she even graduated high school.

I just don’t get it.

I wonder if she has a diagnosed mental illness. Speculation of course, but could she be BiPolar?
She seems to display qualities of someone who has gone off their meds in a severe way.
If she could manage a life where she was a teacher and a parent (whether good or bad) but then escalated to murdering a child, it seems to me that there has been a chemical spill in her brain.
I know she has had other physical assault charges but to go from that to this just seems like there is more to it.
I am not giving her any excuse at all so please don't jump on me, I am just speculating that I think there is way more to this that we will ever know.

She took his son. Give the poor man his dog, right? Even if just for GS's little sister.

Sorry, I'm pages behind and in catching up, I just noticed others already commented on this and read my mind.

With my own experience with animals pets, they are FAR more empathetic than many people and dogs (cats too!) mourn the loss of their precious little people. Gannon's sister, Mom and Dad NEED that pup, and pup needs them!

EBM to correct interview date. It was February 24 and published on February 27.

IMO the bike is fiction. Noticed that she didn’t mention a particular store like she did the sporting goods. She didn’t say I went to such-and-such store to BUY Al a new bike.
She said I went to Castle Rock (the town) to FIND him a bike. Whenever I say I’m going to FIND me something, I mean I’m going to go LOOK and probably don’t know what store. Being from Colorado Springs, when someone says they are going to go to Castle Rock for something, they mean the Outlet Stores. There’s not much else there. Not sure if that’s what she meant or not. Just something about her mentioning the Sports store but not a store for the bike. IMO she invented the bike story because she knows that RD’s camera shows her and she has 4 hours to account for. And her Apple Watch can be tracked and Castle Rock is up in Douglas County. TS gave the interview on February 24 and the searches had been going on for days up there.
JMO most of what she says is fiction but I think she’s dropping little clues unknowingly. I just hope she’s cooked her own goose.
I agree the bike is fiction. There are TONS of bike shops in the Springs. I could probably name 5 off the top of my head. No need to drive 45 minutes to Castle Rock for the outlet stores when there are better options 20 min. away. Actually, I’m not even sure there are any stores in the outlets that carry bikes. I see some outdoor clothing retailers, but nobody associated with gear. There is a PIAS store location just south of the Outlets in Castle Rock, though. Maybe that’s where she’s talking about.

I agree the bike is fiction. There are TONS of bike shops in the Springs. I could probably name 5 off the top of my head. No need to drive 45 minutes to Castle Rock for the outlet stores when there are better options 20 min. away. Actually, I’m not even sure there are any stores in the outlets that carry bikes. I see some outdoor clothing retailers, but nobody associated with gear. There is a PIAS store location just south of the Outlets in Castle Rock, though. Maybe that’s where she’s talking about.

She was likely just covering her bases in case the truck was spotted along that route. She likely got rid of Gannon somewhere between the Springs and Castle Rock that day. But, she may have moved his body the next day when she had the rental car. No one buys a kid a bike in January in Colorado. I mean not if it wasn't his birthday...

Either Gannon is still in the first location or she moved him, but if she did move him -- did she have help?

She has an explanation for the truck drive, if she had gone back to orientation area, Mon or Tues LE would have that info, already on that , so I am saying it is where truck route and orientation came together, familiarity from her necessity...I know there are boots on the ground who would know if this works, And it has been posted before, every LE person and human is probably already on this, looking everywhere as they go about daily routines
The truth is that we have only her word about the Apple watch.
WE have no confirmation that truck had a working GPS.
My feeling is that a witness may have seen her vehicle in the search areas.

originally I think she dumped him quickly (LE have found this spot imo) and once the hire car came to light and her revealing that everyone was wondering were she had been I'm thinking she had plenty of time incognito to dispose of him more permanently.
but now we know she is a whack job of unbelievable strength and capability (it takes a special kind of lack of control to assault LE and make a run for it) who knows what the hell she could have inflicked on our little hero.:oops:
I'm also worried about what she did to the dog. :mad:
I hope sadie is safe and brought back to laina to love and look after. fingers crossed, surely something warm and good can come to that family atm.

moo
I'm not convinced the hire car was used to dispose of him.
There is no evidence to that effect.
There are a million possible reasons for her use of it, mileage was never confirmed.
That leaves only the possibilities within the original 4 hrs window.

Support continues to flood in for the family of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch. There are two big projects people can get involved with to show their support: a T-shirt has been designed to honor Gannon, and two others are working on a special video and picture project for the Stauchs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrysDan96