Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still catching up. I'm not quite following why people are thinking she returned on Monday afternoon with his body in the back of the truck?? Why wouldn't she have just gotten rid of the body in the four hours that she was gone? Why take the chance of someone from the neighborhood seeing something suspicious in the truck, even if she had him concealed? Also increased traffic & people coming home from work & school later in the afternoon leads to more chance being seen. I respect thinking outside the box & am surely open to other points of view, but I just don't see this scenario.

I think she killed & disappeared Gannon during the 4 hour window on Monday. It's possible she returned and moved his body in the wee hours of Tues morning before the sun came up with the truck. More likely she returned & moved him Tues/Wed with the rental car in my mind.

#FindGannon

Edit: grammar correction

Last edited:
Fellow sleuther @H73 used the license plate to find the VIN# 3KPA24AB8KE196687 for the Kia rental. A quick VIN lookup shows that it supposedly had work done on it in Lobelville Tennessee last July 2019, and it had 900 miles on it. I'm guessing that it probably has 10,000+ miles on it today. See attached:

I am bumping regarding the car rental. Sleuthers have provided this At least twice. In July the car went in for repairs. At that time the mileage was logged in at 900 miles. Obviously it didn't have 5 miles on it when T rented it. IMO, the idea that T drove 950 miles is incorrect.

Attachments

• Kia_rental_vin.jpg
    Kia_rental_vin.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 33

Yeah, and she can say anything, like he died on the way to hospital in car n I panicked and no one would know. How scary. That would be manslaughter or some lesser charge then. Wow, I really hope they have the goods, bc if not I can easily see a juror going light on her if it was an accident and she panicked. Her trying to flee in Kansas was really not smart.
What she says doesn’t really matter, it’s not as if anyone would believe her anyways.

The “abuse” charge came from somewhere, as did the murder charge. This isn’t going to be some sort of a guess, but is going to have a solid basis. I strongly believe one or both daughters told law enforcement exactly what happened on Sunday.

Even if he died on the way to the hospital (which everything seems to exclude), she’s still responsible for killing him.

Because of his age, and her “position of trust,” that’s still first degree murder.

It's been reported that HH (TS's daughter) was working and Gannon's little sister left for school around 9, so I've always wondered why TS didn't leave with Gannon until 10:19?? Why didn't she leave right after the little sis left for school? What was she doing for that hour and nineteen minutes?

Getting Gannon into some sort of shape so that he could at least walk (sluggishly) out of the house? Google map searches of the area? Boy would I love to see the hard drive of their computer along with phone searches & records for that morning!

Last edited:
Well, people here on WS have been contending that when she says she drove "my car" to the airport, it was her VW SUV. So, AS would have gotten home and seen his truck. There are a total of four vehicles involved, so it's confusing.

Anyway, presumably it was her VW SUV that she now moved from the driveway, to the airport, and then picked up and drove. That would mean that AS had a look at his own truck earlier (than if she hid the truck at the airport while she tooled around in the rental).

In that way, she needed no pick-up. When she had her run-in with LE at Marshall's, I'm not sure, but it seems she was getting a ride from her daughter at that point.

What run-in with LE at Marshall’s? Sorry, when was this?

It's been reported that HH (TS's daughter) was working and Gannon's little sister left for school around 9, so I've always wondered why TS didn't leave with Gannon until 10:19?? Why didn't she leave right after the little sis left for school? What was she doing for that hour and fifteen minutes?

Getting Gannon into some sort of shape so that he could at least walk (sluggishly) out of the house? Google map searches of the area? Boy would I love to see the hard drive of their computer along with phone searches & records for that morning!
Her devices are going to have a story to tell. I imagine they downloaded her phone early on, and got a second crack at it after her arrest in South Carolina.

Even if you delete things, a tremendous amount of data can be recovered.

Photos, texts, Google searches, location data; all sorts of stuff. They also would have subpoenaed her Google account itself (if she had one).

She thought she was smart, but people who are genuinely smart get tripped up by this stuff.

She never stood a chance.

The clothes bother me. Obviously he was wearing something different the day they left on Monday as we see in video. Could she only recall what he had worn on Sunday because it was etched into her brain for obvious reasons. Or did she plan on nobody seeing RD video and she thought it would be another way to make it difficult to identify him. Either way it supports her guilt.
I don’t know how u can tell what he’s wearing on video. I can barely tell it’s a person much less what they’re wearing.

It's been reported that HH (TS's daughter) was working and Gannon's little sister left for school around 9, so I've always wondered why TS didn't leave with Gannon until 10:19?? Why didn't she leave right after the little sis left for school? What was she doing for that hour and fifteen minutes?

As vain as this sounds she was probably getting herself ready. I don’t think she cared about anyone else. She was showering and putting makeup on for the shopping trip. I think she’s cray enough. I think all google searches were done on Sunday night and car was ready to go. From what I’ve read she was well prepared to do what she needed to do on Monday. Premeditation. Jmo

ETA: she looked like a woman with a purpose taking that bag into the car and reversing that truck. She had a plan.

Last edited:
Still catching up. I'm not following why people are thinking she returned on Monday afternoon with his body in the back of the truck?? Why wouldn't she have just gotten rid of the body in the four hours that she was gone? Why take the chance of someone from the neighborhood seeing something suspicious in the truck, even if she had him concealed? Also increased traffic & people coming home from work & school later in the afternoon leads to more chance being seen. I respect thinking outside the box & am surely open to other points of view, but I just don't see this scenario.

I think she killed & disappeared Gannon during the 4 hour window on Monday. It's possible she returned and moved his body in the wee hours of Tues morning before the sun came up with the truck. More likely she returned & moved him Tues/Wed with the rental car in my mind.

#FindGannon

I speculated that Gannon may have been in the back of the truck when she got home at 2:19 as she was so adamant in her back of head interview.
Therefore narrowing the timeline down of how far she had to put him.
My thought process was that she didn't initially plan to kill him but that he had succumb to injuries she had inflicted, ergo he had died while they were out doing errands and she didn't know what to do with his body.

Here’s the issue with that. Gannon walked to that vehicle, and TS left her phone at home.

I don’t think the odds are all the great that he would suddenly die during the period of time they were out. Couple that with her leaving her phone at home, and I really don’t like that scenario.

So when they climbed in that car, she knew he wasn’t coming back. Regardless of if any injuries would have been fatal if left untreated, she did something that ended his life.

It’s a first degree murder charge any way you slice it, but I don’t think he succumbed to the injuries that likely started all of this.

Really good points. I still think someone on a jury might buy she forgot phone bc she was so stressed out. And why would it be first degree if it was accident and she panicked? Defense can say she wasn’t educated enough to know that the injury was going to kill him. She can say she was enroute to hospital when it happened. You know there are always jurors who are naive and want to see the best in everyone.

Really good points. I still think someone on a jury might buy she forgot phone bc she was so stressed out. And why would it be first degree if it was accident and she panicked? Defense can say she wasn’t educated enough to know that the injury was going to kill him. She can say she was enroute to hospital when it happened. You know there are always jurors who are naive and want to see the best in everyone.
Because of the abuse charge. They have something that is going to leave no doubt that the injuries were anything other than intentional.

Because you’re exactly right, accidents leave blood too.

Many of us spent over a year following the last case this DA prosecuted, and he doesn’t make a move unless he’s got the evidence.

When we see the arrest affidavit, there will be no concerns at all. The kids saw the abuse, or something else provided evidence of it.

The door to the “accident” defense will slam shut in her evil face.

The clothes bother me. Obviously he was wearing something different the day they left on Monday as we see in video. Could she only recall what he had worn on Sunday because it was etched into her brain for obvious reasons. Or did she plan on nobody seeing RD video and she thought it would be another way to make it difficult to identify him. Either way it supports her guilt.

She accounted for the camera on their house (backing in the driveway.) She didn't account for RD's or other neighbors' cameras. She forgot she was wearing her Apple Watch too, IMO

EVERYTHING about this story from the start supports her guilt. My heart just breaks for poor, sweet Gannon! He met the eye of the evil storm and never knew it was coming :(:(

Here’s the issue with that. Gannon walked to that vehicle, and TS left her phone at home.

I don’t think the odds are all the great that he would suddenly die during the period of time they were out. Couple that with her leaving her phone at home, and I really don’t like that scenario.

So when they climbed in that car, she knew he wasn’t coming back. Regardless of if any injuries would have been fatal if left untreated, she did something that ended his life.

It’s a first degree murder charge any way you slice it, but I don’t think he succumbed to the injuries that likely started all of this.

This ^

My uneducated guess is that the defense is going to push for a mistrial. People were living in the house contaminating evidence while it was also being treated as a crime scene. When was the truck impounded? I see the defense trying to capitalize on that. TS even talked about it during her interview: “They are saying there is a crime scene with all this blood in the house, which they let people live in during the supposed crime scene for 7 plus days….”

ETA: link to interview.
Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

Last edited:
She accounted for the camera on their house (backing in the driveway.) She didn't account for RD's or other neighbors' cameras. She forgot she was wearing her Apple Watch too, IMO

EVERYTHING about this story from the start supports her guilt. My heart just breaks for poor, sweet Gannon! He met the eye of the evil storm and never knew it was coming :(:(
I think she was confident she was pulling this off. I think she may have disabled her own ring camera when she left that’s what she did when she went back in for a few seconds so there was no account of the return. I don’t think she even considered RD would catch her return.

Dumbass for wearing Apple Watch and I think she figured that out quick and that’s where car rental comes in .. she had to move his body because the original site was caught on her Apple Watch. All jmo

I don't think we got a straight answer on Sunday re Garden of the Gods. (whether the older dtr was working or went or if there were 2 trips to GOG).... THAT's when they supposedly had BK, which would make sense to pick up on the way home (not that anything makes sense) ... Wonder how often the older child took the kids anywhere or if Monday was a one off. MOO

They should check the dumpster at Dollar Store and see if anything was dumped in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member