Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gannon Stauch case: More than 107 search warrants filed in Gannon Stauch case
In April 2016, she sued the school district, alleging that an assistant principal subjected her to “inappropriate sexual advances, comments and gestures,” according to the federal lawsuit. The school district and assistant principal denied the allegations, and the lawsuit was settled outside of court in 2017, court records show.
I wonder what the search warrants have to do with the lawsuit against the school?

After hearing this, I wanted to know how many search warrants were issued in the Kelsey Berreth case, just out of curiosity.

The following is from Patrick Frazee’s preliminary hearing, which took place on February 19th, 2019.:
“4:36 p.m.

DA Dan May says he has no objection to releasing any of the search or arrest warrants after talking with law enforcement. May says there were 32 search warrants in conversation with the defense.” (BBM)
Blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Frazee was arrested on December 21, 2018, so he had been in custody for approximately two months at that point; Kelsey was reported missing on Dec. 2nd but had not been seen since Nov. 22nd.

So 32 search warrants over 11 weeks/79 days in Kelsey’s case vs. 107 over six weeks/44 days (assuming that the number has remained the same since last week) in Gannon’s.

Thank you for this comparison @inmyhumbleopinion
107 and still counting.....Astounding!

Last edited:
Why did the Attorney purposely sit in a position to block her when there was a seat next to Atty Strobel?

Oh, I think it is customary for the defendant to be able to ask their attorney questions throughout proceedings. Typically, they sit at the defense table with their attorney(s). But since TS has managed to get herself in the Naughty list, she can't do that. She has to be in a chair where she can be locked in.

But she still has the right to receive consult from her attorney. So the two attorneys communicated with each other and the one next to her does in fact consult with her as needed (and calms her to some extent).

She needed to be in her own separate box, surrounded by bailiffs, because of her behavior during extradition. But she still gets an attorney right there, who can speak to her without being overheard, as US process dictates.

They do not have to agree. One side is okay with its release, the other is not. Expect this division to continue. The Judge will rule on other factors as well as what both parties want.

Ongoing legal matters are not subject to FOIA (as a rule).

Defense gets to see it (that's already decided and is law in all 50 states - they must be able to see every pleading and things cannot proceed legally until they do. If the judge did not allow the Defense to see the probable cause affidavit, then everything required from the defense would have to be postponed until they do).

WE, the public, have no such right to that document. So now the judge has to decide when we will see it.

I am pretty sure the Defense has already seen it and has good reason to delay us seeing it.
bbm
Oh, I'm certain of that.
The evidence they have to charge her with murder in the first without his body has to be disturbing.

I watched the hearing and the press conference afterwards. I don't really feel like I know anything new that I didn't know this morning. Other than I now have to wait until mid-April for the next step.

The whole death penalty thing is a nonstarter. I know they have until July to use it, but we haven't executed anyone in 20 years in this state. Why would anyone even waste breath on that in Colorado? You get an odd person against the dp on the jury who wasn't honest about it and Voila! hung jury.

Between today and April 14, I am fairly confident that the L.E. will make an important discovery utilizing their drones.

The footage from drones is remarkably clear and detailed.

After all of the warm temps there, with the rain in the forecast, there likely will be a major (yet dreadful to hear) announcement from the El Paso Sheriff's office very soon.

Just my opinion.

They do not have to agree. One side is okay with its release, the other is not. Expect this division to continue. The Judge will rule on other factors as well as what both parties want.

I think the assumption is that the defense doesn't want it unsealed, but we don't actually know that.

Defense filed a Response to the Motion that the media filed. They never said they objected to it during that hearing. They probably do, but we don't know what is in that Response currently.

The judge had probably not seen it yet since it was filed only two hours prior, which is why he didn't address it today.

Someone here on WS said about LS
" Evil rots you from the inside out"
Looking at her today those words ring 100 percent true!

can’t wait to see how the defense performs an appearance rehab (on LS) once trial is under way...I don’t envision her picking a daily outfit from the donation clothing bin like Casey Anthony wore...maybe a suit, glasses & a chignon...very school teacher-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper