Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this... I think the only kind of confession to come out of her mouth, if one ever does, will be Gannon had an accident in the home, she put him in the truck to get him medical help and he died en route for help. She panicked and didn't want to put AS and the rest of the family through the heartbreak of him dying, so she disposed of him and created the run away story to "save them heart break and give them hope" all the while presenting herself as the hero who didn't want to break her husband's heart. MOO
Fixing a bad situation with another bad decision. She just need to tell the truth.

I didn't care to "see" TS, I just thought pandering to her was inappropriate. As a suspect and an American citizen, she has many rights, the right to have her attorney block her from view in the courtroom, however, isn't one of them.

Now, if it is determined that attorneys typically do that -- perhaps I'll change my opinion -- but as of now, it seems like flawed behavior.

I think we have to keep in mind who the real victim is here -- and it isn't TS.

#GannonStrong
Disagree. They are doing their job and protecting their client. They also have a responsibility to inform their client and answer any questions the client might have.

I agree with this... I think the only kind of confession to come out of her mouth, if one ever does, will be Gannon had an accident in the home, she put him in the truck to get him medical help and he died en route for help. She panicked and didn't want to put AS and the rest of the family through the heartbreak of him dying, so she disposed of him and created the run away story to "save them heart break and give them hope" all the while presenting herself as the hero who didn't want to break her husband's heart. MOO

This is precisely the defense I think they will try, if they try anything other than misdirection and abduction. Well put!

The drainage pipe idea has merit because I agree that it would be difficult to carry or drag him very far. He couldn't have made it too far on his own either, if the neighbor's comment was correct and he looked as if he was in pain when walking. I think she did make him walk however, then she used the 2x4 to kill him.
In the areas where LE has searched there are very often culverts under driveways where they cross the ditch and join the main road. A lot of them are probably pretty clogged with leaves/debris, but that could be used to hide the body even further.

ES6QLIfXsAAQnLV

Looks like this shop is giving most proceeds for this blue heart tattoo to Gannon's family. Not sure if mentioned before (I'm way behind on posts), but if you're in the CS area and like tattoos, maybe swing by there and get one for the fam!

I don't think that was her goal. I think her goal was to prevent being exposed for the harm she did to Gannon, exposed as a child abuser - which would end not only her aspirations to a teaching career but also her marriage and lifestyle and reputation. I agree that she hates Landen and appears to be driven by a jealous rage regarding her, but I don't think acting on that or hurting Landen was her goal. Self-preservation was her goal.

Hm. Yes, I agree... In the moment of the crime self-preservation was her goal. Maybe it's more of a "make Landen pay" vibe I get from her. Regardless, whatever this animosity is, I think that will be the driving force for her to not plead guilty if she doesn't.

I feel slightly deranged for trying to think like a murderess and actually posting this so go easy on me.
@Trocroc9 , There is nothing deranged about it. The best way to solve a crime is to think like the criminal who committed it. Its now a science studied by the Behavioral Science Unit (BSU) of the FBI.

You are a smart gal :cool:

I have been wondering the same and watching MSM, as I am sure the media is all over it. If they’re available, we will see them soon. If not, we will most likely see a motion to release them.

Would someone with a Twitter be willing to reach out to the reporters covering this case and ask about the SC warrants? Maybe they'll at least be able to tell us if they're working on that.

The drainage pipe idea has merit because I agree that it would be difficult to carry or drag him very far. He couldn't have made it too far on his own either, if the neighbor's comment was correct and he looked as if he was in pain when walking. I think she did make him walk however, then she used the 2x4 to kill him.

IMO, leaving him in the open (which includes a drainage pipe) in CO outskirts would expose him to many scavenging animals that would spread remains or give signal something is around. I feel like his remains were disposed in a way that hid his body better than that, especially given the time she had to work with.

As I was driving home from work today I was looking out the window at some scarcely populated wooded areas. I found myself thinking “where would I put a body if I had a short amount of time to dispose of it?” :confused: Absolutely not a normal thought I know but I’m hoping most of the understanding posters here would get why I would be thinking like this as we follow this case. I am about the same size as TS (10 lbs lighter) so I don’t think she could manage carrying him more than 100 yards at the maximum before it became too cumbersome- even with adrenaline pumping. Remember that bandage on palm of her hand? Was thinking that could be caused by handles from a bag if something heavy was carried and caused a rope burn type cut. (I hope LE got a real good look at it when they interviewed her). Anyway, my thoughts were that I would try to find a very wooded side road and park as inconspicuously as possible, walk as far into the woods as I could muster, find some type of divet or hole in the terrain and cover the bag with leaves and twigs etc. Either this or I would find a ditch with a drainage pipe. I think he has got to be covered somehow. I don’t think she would leave him out in the open. I feel slightly deranged for trying to think like a murderess and actually posting this so go easy on me. Also, these speculations are probably way off because I am NOT a murderess. All jmo
Find Gannon !!
I am having the same feeling that is how Gannon was dropped off or hidden. I think she might have been able to carry him further depending on her strength. I use to lift a 70 pound boy from his wheelchair often during a day at work. He was no help in my lifting. I might even add she could have put him on the ground and rest between carrying to the final location. This is what I think might have happened in my opinion too.

I wonder if I could ask our experts a general question regarding the sealed documents and AA?
If any of those documents were to be "leaked" prior to them being unsealed, wouldn't that be harmful to the prosecution's case?
I am NO expert, but given what he said multiple times, it will not hurt the prosecution, they are ready for them to be released but IMO it will definitely hurt the defense.

I didn't care to "see" TS, I just thought pandering to her was inappropriate. As a suspect and an American citizen, she has many rights, the right to have her attorney block her from view in the courtroom, however, isn't one of them.

Now, if it is determined that attorneys typically do that -- perhaps I'll change my opinion -- but as of now, it seems like flawed behavior.

I think we have to keep in mind who the real victim is here -- and it isn't TS.

#GannonStrong
I don't think it's inappropriate or unusual for a defense attorney to do things to appease their client. It's part of their job.

Lawyers put their arm around even murderers at times in court. It's a way to humanize them. She was being protective of her client.

I have never heard that the client has no "right for her attorney to block her from view in the courtroom."

Imo

I am having the same feeling that is how Gannon was dropped off or hidden. I think she might have been able to carry him further depending on her strength. I use to lift a 70 pound boy from his wheelchair often during a day at work. He was no help in my lifting. I might even add she could have put him on the ground and rest between carrying to the final location. This is what I think might have happened in my opinion too.
This causes me to believe that she put his body in a suitcase, duffel bag or something similar. The body would easy to carry and she wouldn't have to look at him. For a murderer, its easier to bury, hide or drop a bag rather than a child.

Its the mom in me that hopes, she at least covered him up :(

I am right there with ya on this one too! IMO she will turn it all around like she was a hero. That is until it all comes out in court, she might just get caught up in her lies then.
Absolutely agree.. if she confesses anything at all, she'll say she tried to save him and when she couldn't she wanted to save the family from the devastation of him dying. We will, and hopefully a jury too will see through her lies and she'll get everything she deserves. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039