Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm realizing I'm pretty clueless re: a lot of technology. But if a tile was connected to a car key and that posed a problem, why not either

1. Get a copy made of the key then dispose of the one with the tile.

OR

2. Peel off the tile and get rid of it after permanently deleting it from the device? Of course, LE may be able to restore the missing info but wouldn't they also be able to track the "lost" key anyway?

I'm not really understanding when TS would have had time to get her car ignition re-keyed. And would a locksmith do that on a leased car? (Is it possible for a service person to tell the car is leased?) Or are we talking about there being a tile on the key for AS's truck? And if so, wouldn't the tracker info likely be on his phone?
I'm not getting this.
JMO
On the late model vehicles you cannot get another key made. Each key has a code on it and you have to contact the dealer and the new keys are pricey.

She may have tossed it and then contacted the rental agency and they may have sent a locksmith with the code somehow and charged her. But even then, how would she have contacted the rental agency if she tossed the key when she had no cell phone?

I know about this because we have two newer vehicles.

Technology tracks your every movement. A murderer may be able to dispose of a body but they likely won’t get away with the murder in the long run. More and more often, no body cases are getting convictions.

Can I please digress for a moment? I have yet to find confirmation of either bio-parent identifying this surveillance image as a false sighting. This same night, LE came to the house and pulled a car out of the garage. Remember? There has been little attention or details to these two incidents. I’m still suspicious of this “*advertiser censored* & Go”
What if it was him and LE knew it?

- An initial report that the boy was last seen at the *advertiser censored* & Go on Mesa Ridge Parkway near Fountain was incorrect, according to the Sheriff's Office. Upon reviewing surveillance footage the day after he was reported missing, Gannon's stepmother said the boy suspected to be Gannon was not him, according to law enforcement officials.
Gannon Stauch: What we know two weeks since the 11-year-old went missing from Colorado Springs home
Eta:What if it was him and LE knew it? or bio parent identified Gannon later upon arrival to Colorado Springs?

Last edited:
She is calculating. Even how she tried to handle herself in that hearing.
Yes, she is but I think that blank expression on her face is not forced, but instead a "flat affect" which can be a symptom of emotional detachment. She probably has no control over it.

I think she was trying to avoid being seen on camera as opposed to 'trying' to appear a certain way. That's what I meant by saying I don't think it was a "calculating performance." If that makes sense.

I think she felt self-conscious because she has no access to makeup or a pair of sunglasses to hide behind.

She felt exposed because she is no longer in a situation she is able to a control.

Imo

Last edited:
I believe someone a while back mentioned there were a couple of dogs, "Sadie" being one of them that AS mentions about getting back "immediately." Do we know where they are? Did they go missing the same day as Gannon? I can't help but think they are somehow part of the equation. Boys and dogs can be pretty tight.

On the late model vehicles you cannot get another key made. Each key has a code on it and you have to contact the dealer and the new keys are pricey.

She may have tossed it and then contacted the rental agency and they may have sent a locksmith with the code somehow and charged her. But even then, how would she have contacted the rental agency if she tossed the key when she had no cell phone?

I know about this because we have two newer vehicles.

Technology tracks your every movement. A murderer may be able to dispose of a body but they likely won’t get away with the murder in the long run. More and more often, no body cases are getting convictions.

Good pt about newer cars. Also I think alot of VW's have push-button starters. Did her model? I know a fob is still involved but not an actual key.

I do not recall her ever saying the switch was "missing". I do remember her mentioning that he dropped the switch on Monday when he was getting into the truck, and she picked it up for him
She actually said Gannon "dropped an electronic", not specifically a switch IIRC? On the camera footage, what dropped did look about the size of a switch though. Too large for a cell phone in other words.

People attend church for many reasons. Some just to be social and some for business contacts. Not all to be better people. And TS doesn’t have a spiritual bone in her body. I do not believe she was thinking of placing his body near a church. I do not believe she is concerned with forgiveness of herself or by others.
I believe some people are born evil.
I understand. But she did go to this church for whatever reason. And she did imply that she had already forgiven herself or “this person”. But More importantly, Gannon went to this church. And enjoyed activities on a regular basis at this church. So if she was setting up a runaway scenario she very well could have set it up to make it look like he was running away to church. Moo

Yes, she is but I think that blank expression on her face is not forced, but instead a "flat affect" which can be a symptom of emotional detachment. She probably has no control over it.

I think she was trying to avoid being seen on camera as opposed to 'trying' to appear a certain way. That's what I meant by saying I don't think it was a "calculating performance." If that makes sense.

I think she felt self-conscious because she has no access to makeup or a pair of sunglasses to hide behind.

She felt exposed because she is no longer in a situation she is able to a control.

Imo
Hope of escape is fading in her eyes...defeated.

Can I please digress for a moment? I have yet to find confirmation of either bio-parent identifying this surveillance image as a false sighting. This same night, LE came to the house and pulled a car out of the garage. Remember? There has been little attention or details to these two incidents. I’m still suspicious of this “*advertiser censored* & Go”
What if it was him and LE knew it?

- An initial report that the boy was last seen at the *advertiser censored* & Go on Mesa Ridge Parkway near Fountain was incorrect, according to the Sheriff's Office. Upon reviewing surveillance footage the day after he was reported missing, Gannon's stepmother said the boy suspected to be Gannon was not him, according to law enforcement officials.
Gannon Stauch: What we know two weeks since the 11-year-old went missing from Colorado Springs home
Eta:What if it was him and LE knew it? or bio parent identified Gannon later upon arrival to Colorado Springs?
In view of what has since occurred, why in the world would LE take TS's word that it was not Gannon at the *advertiser censored* & Go. It seems to me that she would say it was him because it would prove he was alive at that time. Strange.

I understand. But she did go to this church for whatever reason. And she did imply that she had already forgiven herself or “this person”. But More importantly, Gannon went to this church. And enjoyed activities on a regular basis at this church. So if she was setting up a runaway scenario she very well could have set it up to make it look like he was running away to church. Moo
I deleted my post. Appreciate your comments.

Good pt about newer cars. Also I think alot of VW's have push-button starters. Did her model? I know a fob is still involved but not an actual key.
Yes that’s what I meant. We have Fobs also. I call them keys. I just know they can’t be rekeyed or whatever. Lol. See I’m not too up on technology either.

Regarding the Nintendo Switch. Even though it's a mobile gaming system, you have to be connected a hotspot for it to access online gaming outside of the home. It also doesn't have GPS tracking other than connecting to public hotspots. Otherwise if Gannon played it while out and about he would merely just be playing a game himself & not on the network if not near a hotspot or other wireless. Not leaning toward this because IMO he wasn't in any condition to play a video game that morning.

I think it's more likely that he played it in the house online "remotely" with friends other times in the home and they witness that they heard or saw something regarding abuse. When my kids play I can also hear their friend on the other end, so it's possible another parent may have heard something. Maybe it had a Tile attached to it and LS chucked it out along her travels. Calling a Nintendo expert as a witness leads me to believe that they want to access Gannon's gaming account. He may have had a Playstation that he played games on at home & that leads to a ton of possibilities because he could've used it for messaging friends or maybe one of them/parent heard something while playing online with him. They would need access to his Nintendo account for this.

MOO JMO
Okay, a router logs when a device connects via wifi. If for example, there is an eatery they frequent that has wifi. Gannon connects his switch or phone to wifi, and the device stores the password. The next time that device is within range, it will auto connect. Plus, the router logs connected devices. Subway has wifi and surveillance cameras.

This is my understanding (is there an acronym ?)

Justice for Gannon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members