Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be evidence of all ... :(
Exactly. Autopsy has been completed , presumably just on his bones after 8 weeks.
Gunshot would penetrate bone.
Blunt instrument possibly crushed skull.
Knife or sharp instrument must also have been severe enough to penetrate bone.
This is a seriously crazy babe, a rage killing, she went all out.

They wouldn't have known on Feb 1-3 that she had the rental. Surely they got that from banking/CC data. Perhaps there was a tip but it would have taken time (at least 48 hours I"d think) to get the GPS data from the rental company.

So she had lead time. She may have tried to factor that in. Still, why take the longer route? Here is where I'm certain that some of her family and friends know something we don't.

She had stated in one interview that she had no car and no money. I think they had to know that she left town soon after she did. I doubt that her daughter drove with her.
Whatever she rented to drive to SC was probably known to LE pretty quickly.

The data would have taken some time but once they had that they were able to trace her every movement through highway cameras and gas purchases. They just didn't know where she stopped to dump his body.

She used a weapon, that’s all that’s required. Those are examples of weapons that would fall under the charge.

So she didn’t beat him, stab him, and shoot him. It could merely be one of those things.

ETA: Maybe not. It looks like there’s a charge for each weapon.

Megan Hiler on Twitter

View attachment 239451

I haven’t seen them add sentence enhancers like that unless that object was used in the commission of the crime-though it does say use of, or threat of, before during or in immediate flight from. Perhaps threatened with one, used others.

I wasn’t expecting all of these. This is insane.

Exactly. Autopsy has been completed , presumably just on his bones after 8 weeks.
Gunshot would penetrate bone.
Blunt instrument possibly crushed skull.
Knife or sharp instrument must also have been severe enough to penetrate bone.
This is a seriously crazy babe, a rage killing, she went all out.

Yes, the horror becomes real.

She beat him.
She shot him.
She cut him up in some way.

@MassGuy Does the DA need evidence to support each charge? It makes me sick to my stomach to think, the blunt force occurred on Sunday evening, and on Monday he was shot and stabbed.

The DA looks a bit emotional. He is a dad with two sons, and this must be tough for him. She is toast!
If each count is conditional on a specific weapon, then yes.

I think that is the case, and Gannon’s body showed injuries consistent with those weapons.

I did think the truth was worse than we could imagine, and today’s developments appear to have made that a reality.

Now we await the arrest affidavit.

I agree with you. Why would she get off of I-10 and go US 90? Why would she even know about it? Weird.
I bet she had an accomplice/s. If so I would advise them to cooperate fully. Unless they want to go all the way down with Tee life plus 156 years. They would be really Stoopid to think they can escape the long arm of the law. MOO

Gitana, it seems Gannon's little body would be pretty decomposed if he'd been in Florida this whole time.

However, it does seem that it would be obvious whether a gun or a knife had been used, right?

Also won't tests be able to show whether he was drugged or poisoned?

Sorry to ask these questions. I know how much all you folks on WS are grieving. God bless you and his family.

Looking at the charges it looks like they’re charging her with counts related to all three manners of death! But I’m thinking that’s because they aren’t sure?

Not necessarily, as there are 8 counts.

Bigger version of count page from earlier:
90441464_10216914296473607_7757485495273127936_n.jpg

I used to think stopped cars on the hwy were suspicious to some degree but no more.. many people pull Anywhere to make calls or text

same as my thoughts, an autopsy was already completed or completed enough to add those specific charges

I keep a notebook in my car for suspicious things I see. I don't call them in, but if down the road something comes up, I can report what I saw.

Maybe someday I'll self-publish it. I'm sure someone will buy a copy.

Not able to tell which actually killed him would be my thought for the separate charges. Or his body wasn’t found whole so they can’t tell which it was, just that it was one of those
It may have been a combination of injuries that caused his death. There may be cuts on the bones to indicate the use of a knife or sharp object, injuries to the skull that would show blunt force trauma, and evidence of a bullet wound.

So it's possible that more than one injury would have caused him to die.

Poor Gannon must have suffered a violent and painful death. It sounds like overkill to me. She must have been in a rage to inflict all those injuries.

Imo

As a point of reference, be reminded that LS gave a live interview on Jan 31 in Co Springs about 4 pm so we know where she was at this time.

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
I just spoke with the stepmother of missing 11 year old boy #GannonStauch We’ve got the full interview up online: https://bit.ly/2RKVO9p You’ll hear the day Gannon went missing, the target she says is painted on her back, and the reason detectives say she was not cooperating
EPpUXcPU4AIQhiI.jpg

3:10 PM - 31 Jan 2020

And Neighbor's surveillance video came to light on Feb 4.

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
Quick update on #GannonStauch from @EPCSheriff: Spokesperson dismissed any notion of a criminal investigation at this time. Says crime lab is just their best tool to help find him. After new video from a neighbor’s doorbell camera, asking other neighbors to check again.

12:21 PM - 4 Feb 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member