Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. I might have dreamed this cause I can’t find it. Maybe? Maybe not? Seems like TS said something like- she drove coast to coast in all kinds of extreme weather through the night taking Gannon back and forth between his parents????
Eta: at one time or another during their past. No? Anyone remember something similar?

She did say that in her written statemen, pretty sure it was. Anyway, she did say something like that. Drove cross country, yada yada. During the time before they moved to Colorado (and while ranking on Landen).

Honestly, at this point, let's stop referring to her as Gannon's "stepmother". She was never that. She was his worst nightmare. Not a stepmother. No mother. Evil.

^^^Agreed! I have a title I refer to her as, but I can't use it on here! So for now I guess it'll be TS, evil monster, or that creature. :mad:

I was away all day and just saw the news. Finding Gannon in Florida was the least likely ending I expected. My thoughts went to the airline job she applied for. Is that how/why Gannon ended up in Florida?

So she came home alone without Gannon Monday, unless his body was in the truck? Or did she hide his body somewhere, and like so many of you thought, move him?

The sentence enhancements are horrifying. Did she beat, then shoot, then use a knife on Gannon? Horrifying. I'm so sorry Al & Landen had to hear whatever details were shared by the DA.

It now makes sense if she did take her own car to the airport (still mind boggling).

If she did drive some 150-400 miles in that rental car on that Tuesday (places him somewhere), how odd it is that she returned. She had to have realized that her movements in that first car could be traced. I keep wondering how she did all this without a phone or internet access. It's possible. But it's also possible that someone close to her was helping.

If she has a weak grasp of geography (probably), then Florida may have seemed like the last place to drop him, before heading north/home.

Was there a vague plan in her mind to still try and implicate Landen? By moving the body closer to SC?

We are dealing with someone with severe cognitive issues here.

"Was there a vague plan in her mind to still try and implicate Landen? By moving the body closer to SC?"

Yes, that's quite possible.
I also wondered if she was trying to implicate the 'mystery' visitor that she kept hinting about---saying there was someone visiting her home that day---and Landen knew about him, and so did LE, etc.....she implied at one time that he was Gannon's 'real' father.

But of course, being a figment of her warped imagination, it would be impossible to blame the murder on him. Didn't stop her from trying though.

My husband is convinced she had help from someone. He said he had to be in some sort of container or bag? What does everyone else think?
My husband thinks TS will use this as "I told you someone abducted him!" scenero.
So I have to believe that she disposed of him somewhere close and then went back to retrieve him just before she left on her cross country journey. I mean she was staying in hotels & had her daughter and relatives with her. As evil & demented as she is I would find it hard to believe that she was lugging around a dead body in the trunk of the car or in her hotel room with a bunch of people around, someone would've noticed the odor or fluids even in a suitcase or bag :(:(
Not unless there was a let's say a travel trailer or a small uhaul.
Have we heard anything like this? I can't recall. But if she put the suitcase in a back of one, it would curb the smell.

My husband thinks TS will use this as "I told you someone abducted him!" scenero.

Not unless there was a let's say a travel trailer or a small uhaul.
Have we heard anything like this? I can't recall. But if she put the suitcase in a back of one, it would curb the smell.
She also probably had his body in lawn bag to prevent body fluids leaking, as morbid as it sounds that would make sense and cut down on the odor.

I am flabbergasted that they didn’t have her under surveillance after that Cousin It video. It was so obvious to me within two minutes (I STILL have not been able to stomach watching more than that) that something was way way off. LE has earned my respect by putting this case together and charging with no body but they really dropped the ball not watching her immediately. Can’t believe she was able to do this. MOO.

I believe that was no earlier than January 29th, late afternoon/early evening. The TV camera was out on the subdivision for the first time, for the vigil. I think it has to be then. They they edit it on the 30th and show it on the 31st. She's probably already gone.

On the 27th, she was not a suspect, he was an 11 year old runaway. On the 28th, once AS comes home, there's a mounting pile of evidence and suspicion. LE talks extensively to AS and LH while LS, apparently, either drives all over the place or goes to some one place to temporarily hide Gannon's body.

On the 29th, if not sooner, AS kicks TS out. Some have said she rented a UHaul that day. At any rate, it's possible she was gone on the 29th, which is the day MSM says that LE said they thought there was foul play but they didn't want Fox to talk about it. Fox complies and LS continues to communicate with the Fox reporter.

I think she probably left on the 30th, before search warrants for her digital footprint, bank statements and credit cards/cash cards could be pulled. My notes say her family appeared to welcome her back home (or close to it) on Feb 4th. Possible she was in SC on the 3rd. After that, she shuts down her FB, invents the various FB Innocents groups, and her family stops participating in bickering on the Find Gannon Groups (mostly they do).

At that point, LE once again knew exactly where she was - but they hadn't gotten the new rental car data (they have her car and HH's car) and didn't yet know her route. Who would have ever thought she'd take him to FLORIDA? LE might have known as early as the 4th-5th but I think it was a bit later.

What a trip.

Back to the musical cars & trying to figure out where all the vehicles were from Tuesday on. AS had his truck by Tues afternoon until LE took it (assumption.) What was she driving when LE took the keys away at Marshall's? What was she driving when she did the backward interview with Spencer? Had her SUV & the white Jetta been impounded by LE by then?

Edit:clarity

Last edited:
It now makes sense if she did take her own car to the airport (still mind boggling).

If she did drive some 150-400 miles in that rental car on that Tuesday (places him somewhere), how odd it is that she returned. She had to have realized that her movements in that first car could be traced. I keep wondering how she did all this without a phone or internet access. It's possible. But it's also possible that someone close to her was helping.

If she has a weak grasp of geography (probably), then Florida may have seemed like the last place to drop him, before heading north/home.

Was there a vague plan in her mind to still try and implicate Landen? By moving the body closer to SC?

We are dealing with someone with severe cognitive issues here.

So 955 miles is about 20 hours of 'road trip' driving. (as opposed slow rolling through neighborhoods looking for a missing child) IF she picked AS from airport (assuming CoS ... took him home (argued? 'went searching alone?') ...at what point did she know LH was staying at their home??? Was her plan to just go back home and eave Gannon along the route? Did she get part way and change her mind, forget her burner, left something she had to return for?? Or was it her plan to have a 470 mile 'radius' to distract LE??

Police certainly use tracking devices (remember the Ohio Rhoden case where Manley found it) but the logistics of this instance may have made it difficult...she didn’t have a permanent car.

She did have one - but LE had it in their possession. They probably haven't see too many cases of constant rental swaps (I count up to 4 rentals by LS).

Back to the musical cars & trying to figure out where all the vehicles were from Tuesday on. AS had his truck by Tues afternoon until LE took it (assumption.) What was she driving when she when LE took the keys away at Marshall's? What was she driving when she did the backward interview with Spencer? Had her SUV & the white Jetta been impounded by LE by then?

I think that was HH"s car at Marshall's. LE apparently had a warrant for it (naturally - I just thought it was later in the week) and HH resisted and they put her in cuffs and made her wait in a squad car while they impounded her car (the car that HH thought of as her own). That's when LS comes unglued and speaks to the cameras. Surely that must have been Wednesday, no later than Thursday.

It's so weird to think that LS was using SM to figure out some of what to do, what LE might be thinking, where to pop up to get an interview, etc.

I was away all day and just saw the news. Finding Gannon in Florida was the least likely ending I expected. My thoughts went to the airline job she applied for. Is that how/why Gannon ended up in Florida?

So she came home alone without Gannon Monday, unless his body was in the truck? Or did she hide his body somewhere, and like so many of you thought, move him?

The sentence enhancements are horrifying. Did she beat, then shoot, then use a knife on Gannon? Horrifying. I'm so sorry Al & Landen had to hear whatever details were shared by the DA.
Know, great catch!! I forgot about Forida/airline job.

1. As sick as this sounds, in some murders shooting the victim stems from beating a victim that wouldn't die.

2. Again as sick as this sounds could she have slit his throat?

So 955 miles is about 20 hours of 'road trip' driving. (as opposed slow rolling through neighborhoods looking for a missing child) IF she picked AS from airport (assuming CoS ... took him home (argued? 'went searching alone?') ...at what point did she know LH was staying at their home??? Was her plan to just go back home and eave Gannon along the route? Did she get part way and change her mind, forget her burner, left something she had to return for?? Or was it her plan to have a 470 mile 'radius' to distract LE??

I do not believe it was actually 955 and am going with what WSers posted much earlier. I guess we'll find out eventually. It was for sure around 350 or a bit more because she came back with an empty tank.

But if it was 955 then yes, she went part way to Texas. My lord.

Boggles the mind to think about the 'effort' the perp went to achieve her goal.
Wouldn't it just be easier to live a law-abiding life , to admit your faults if you're in error, and take your lumps ?
Instead of lying about her past to take a job teaching children :eek:, and (allegedly) falsely accusing others of wrongdoing ?
Not even taking into account the fact that this monster decided she could get away with murdering someone else's child.

I've always thought he was going to be found in water because of the video she posted, of Gannon waving goodbye, before he jumped into a lake. She is cruel enough to make that connection and taunt his grieving mother. JMO
Wow. Flash back to the phone call that DWAP posted. The women she was talking to asked TS why she didn't take it down, it was upsetting to Landen. Remember how she defended that picture as "her special memory of Gannon"?

That is some straight up evil.

I really thought this was going to turn out to be a case of she lost her *advertiser censored*, and went too far. But after hearing the enhancements, I don't feel that way anymore.

She also probably had his body in lawn bag to prevent body fluids leaking, as morbid as it sounds that would make sense and cut down on the odor.
She walked purposefully to the truck on the morning of the killing. She was well prepared, had everything she would need already on board.
She knew what she was going to do and she knew how to do it.
An assassin.
It wasn't hard.
To kill a wounded child, bag and suitcase his body, store it or return it in the truck, maybe to leave again later that night to hide it... or keep it.
Until she was ready to dump it permanently.
No regrets.
No remorse.
'no body, no crime'
'an accident, not a tragedy'
Yeah, right!
I've always thought it nothing short of a miracle she didn't kill the younger child too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana