Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ:

The Saturday night video originally posted by TS on her social media is still off limits due to her social media having been removed. (So that includes candles and carpets and anything at all that members may recall from that video.) Just don't mention it or the post will be removed.

Members may discuss the DWAP youtube phone interview with TS but may not comment on either DWAP himself or the interviewer. Only discuss what TS said in that phone interview. As TS herself brought Petco into this particular phone interview, you may now discuss and speculate re Petco as it relates to what she says in the phone call, but not what may be floating around in social media rumor-land.

Stick to MSM or WS approved sources. If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Crime Online is an approved source at WS; True Crime society is not.

No rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Nicknames or derogatory name changes of any of the major case players is not allowed.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPECULATE WHETHER OR NOT LETECIA HAD HELP DRIVING TO FLORIDA DO NOT NAME THE PERSON. USE INITIALS ONLY. DO NOT ACCUSE THE PERSON OF A CRIME. IF ALL THIS IS TRUE AND LETECIA IS GUILTY IT IS LIKELY SHE HAD HELP BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF A CRIME. USE INITIALS ONLY.

REMEMBER YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER! THEY WILL STAY HERE FOREVER. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thanks,
Tricia

Water would have never come close to the location that he was found.

I agree. Imo, I don't believe the water could ever reach where Gannon was found; even during and after the worst of hurricanes. See the photo below and notice how high the bridge is built up compared to the surrounds land.

Attachments

• BRIDGE BUILT UP.jpg
    BRIDGE BUILT UP.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 120
@lucidtx I absolutely agree. Initially, I realized the reason for dismemberment was rigor mortis, but after time it subsides. Now your mention his body freezing as a result of the temperature, offers another reason to use a knife or sharp object.

If the autopsy substantiates dismemberment, I can't imagine the jury could acquit. TS's own attorneys will be sickened. One has to be a vile inhuman savage beast to do such a thing!!

She also would've returned to his body within a few days, and he may have still been in rigor.

So I just spotted something on Spencer Wilson's twitter page where he listed the new charges.
S/one pointed out that charges 10, 11 & 12 were against a child under 12, charges 6, 7. 8 use same verbiage without "child under 12"

He pointed out that the charges relate to "someone" not specifically Gannon Stauch.

These were added after his body was found. I wonder if "someone" told LE they were held hostage by her and were made to do something they didn't want to do, but to prove that they needed Gannon's body?
Someone smarter than I am explained that these are sentence enhancers and directly relate to the murder of Gannon as that’s the crime she’s charged with. If there are charges related to another family member, they will be separate and not added to Gannon's case.

That's what I wonder. Was the drop done at night? Maybe she thought there was water there and couldn't see... Just an odd choice. You get him all the way to Florida, and then bungle the final hiding spot. Why not put him in the woods somewhere off the road.

So grateful for the construction worker for finding Gannon.

Honestly, I feel like she thought she found the perfect spot. I’ve thought through this a bit because it seems she moved his body several times, and wanted to make sure the last time was the last time.

Her first spot in the woods, presumably, didn’t work because they were able to trace her movements, and she knew they would eventually find him. She needed to move him far away from any of the searches, and not tied to her in CO or S.C.

Water would be a bad idea-bodies end up floating, or drifting to shore and end up being found by fisherman or people walking the shorelines. It wouldn’t really help to wash away evidence, considering the weapons charges. Water might wash away DNA, but it won’t erase blunt force trauma or bullet/stab wounds that may have hit bone. I don’t think water was ever a thought for her.

The woods didn’t work the first time, and after the first near miss (IMO), too much danger of hikers or hunters or searchers coming across his remains.

She didn’t just throw him out along the side of the road as she drove along. When I look at the area, she chose pretty well, as far as places to leave a body go.

If she dropped him from the opposite side of the road from where authorities accessed the location, she saw how far down the hill went-rough terrain, rocky and very tall bridge/columns. To someone not familiar with that spot, it looks like a place nobody would really go-no reason for highway workers to trim weeds deep down in a dry ravine-looking area covered in rocks and boulders. No fisherman or boaters, because she dropped him in the dry rocky area up past the river.

If you’re looking at pics where they are pulled over retrieving Gannon’s body, it seems a lot more shallow or easy to spot. However, the last pic shows a more realistic view of what passers by would see. It’s a very tall bridge with a very deep ravine between the two sections, in the middle of a freeway. It’s not a pullout, or a place anyone has any reason to stop-unless of course your a monster dumping the body of a murdered little boy, or the construction crew we were lucky enough to have show up for bridge work.

Thank goodness she was unlucky enough to choose a location that happened to be right in the middle of an area under heavy construction (according to locals). That’s the only thing she didn’t really account for in this location. If not for that, he really may never have been found there.

445C0450-5499-4A93-BB25-20D514416692.jpeg 2E0380E4-6C95-45DF-9A08-A21979DA356D.jpeg E72D61B7-AE7D-45D5-A65A-7CFB0126355D.jpeg

Last edited:
You know, I understand as human we are/can be emotional beings. I understand the feelings of jealousy, resentment, anger, felling worthless, feeling like somebody is better than you, feeling you can't do anything right, feeling like your world as you know it is about to end. I understand these feelings can be overwhelming and hard to deal with.

BUT

What I don't understand is projecting these feelings and emotions on to an 11 year old child. Channeling those to a child to the point that you abuse and murder him. Seeing the pain and anguish on his parents face then getting in front of a camera telling them they owe YOU an apology. Moving the small body as far away from his family as possible so he can't be found and at least brought home to the ones that loved him so much. Posting videos of the child waving to the camera to taunt the parents of a child you murdered. Sitting so cocky in front of a judge acting like LEA have made a mistake and will be out before lunch.
Like there are some crimes I can read and follow and be like, "ok, I can kinda see what is going on here," this one, not even close. I can't for the life of me understand why she did this even though I know how hard emotions can be to handle.

I cannot wait until they start unsealing more documents in this case. Although, I know it is going to be hard to read, I'm hoping it will lend an insight to help me at least somewhat understand why she felt the need to take the life of a child that seemed to be so loved. Maybe that is the reason. Maybe she couldn't handle how much love Gannon got from his father, mother, sister, grandparents, everybody that knew him. Maybe she couldn't handle the light he projected and had to put it out.

Sorry, I'm kind of rambling. I've followed many cases over the years. None have punched me in my emotional gut they was this has.
@Faebray Your post so eloquently explains the fury within TS. And how sad that TS's heart was closed to the unconditional love and acceptance Gannon had to offer :(

I have only a single gap, maybe two.
The 4 hr period she left with Gannon, murdered him, allegedly, packed his little body in a suitcase, returned home, had an hour before Laina got in from school at 3.15pm. Had several hours before alerting LE, 6.55pm, had several hours before they came, 10pm approx.
Had the whole night after they left and access to 3 vehicles.
I'm doubting she brought the suitcase home with her because she knew to expect visit from LE.

Where did she store it during the 4 hrs period?

She had plenty of opportunity to retrieve it afterwards and if it was properly sealed it would not arouse suspicion. She could easily have kept it with her until she placed it in the rocks of Florida.
I do not believe she used a storge unit near or far.
She would not have expected an intense investigation for a runaway on Monday 27.

She had the whole night after LE departed to retrieve it.

My second question is the same as most peoples' question- why was she not under 24hr observation?
I think his body was originally left where she killed him. She would’ve used the “ran away and got murdered by a stranger” excuse. When the neighbor’s video was revealed, she knew she would be a suspect and went and got the body then. MOO

I think his body was originally left where she killed him. She would’ve used the “ran away and got murdered by a stranger” excuse. When the neighbor’s video was revealed, she knew she would be a suspect and went and got the body then. MOO

*DBM:

Need to check timeline dates for video release.

Last edited:
I am beginning to believe that at least one other person did help with the disposal.
Maybe she stayed in the area at a local hotel and searched out areas she thought would be good dumping grounds.
Then maybe she waited for the rest of her caravan to settle in for the night and made an excuse for why she had go and make a purchase of some sort.
All speculative and MOO.

It's so strange, but it almost doesn't make sense if someone else didn't know by the time they were in FL. I don't like to ascribe horrible traits to family members of someone like her just because she is how she is, but if no one else in that caravan knew GS's bady was along, then how could any of the other odd aspects of this drive not be relayed onto LE by one of them? "Oh, she took off middle of the night with the moving van" or "oddly, we took a 5 hour detour for no reason" or "she was very possessive of this one suitcase that was packed but never arrived in SC". Four other people along and yet he was randomly found by a worker.

Given all those open questions I have to think one of them did know, and it wasn't under duress because they would have talked, especially after her arrest...yet they did not. Or she knew someone just as crazy as her down in FL and her family/friends with her were just very unobservant and naive as she arranged a handoff.

BBM:

It's a good thought, but the timeline doesn't fit that theory.

RD's video surfaced on February 4th.

Based on LE's request for info, it looks like they have evidence placing her in the Pace/Pensacola, FL area from February 3rd-February 5th.

If that's the case, then TS was already in Florida when that video evidence was made public.

JMO.
No. RD's CCTV emerged on Sunday morning, Feb 2.

Thanks for the heads-up on that!
I'll go edit my post with that correct info.
BUT, then again Spencer interviewed her on Friday 31 January. Looked like she was moving that day, she was gone already, well before Sunday , unless what?
Feb 3-5 Florida.
Where the hell was she between Fri 31 and Monday -Wednesday 3-5 Feb? When she was allegedly somewhere in Florida?

She must have a bolthole, a contact somewhere along the road?

BBM:

The timeline doesn't fit that theory, though.

RD's video surfaced on February 4th.

Based on LE's request for info, it looks like they have evidence placing her in the Pace/Pensacola, FL area from February 3rd-February 5th.

If that's the case, then TS was already in Florida when that video evidence was made public.

JMO.
Disagree, the video was discovered on the 2nd (see link), and shown to AS right away. I believe AS confronted LS that same day. Police were also shown the video on the 2nd, got warrant to search the home by the 3rd. While they were doing that, LS was likely moving Gannon’s body. Police apparently didn’t have her under constant surveillance yet (hence police asking if anyone saw her Feb. 3-5).
TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member