Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. RD's CCTV emerged on Sunday morning, Feb 2.

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

SABBM:

Feb. 4

A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

________

From this MSM, I'm seeing it was Feb. 4th.

Where did you see Feb. 2nd?

*ETA: I'm now seeing articles online from Feb. 3rd mentioning the video, so it was definitely out by the 3rd.

Good Grief. Gotta' love MSM. So reliable always.

We need to go check when we first started discussing the video on the thread here.

That would give us the date it was made public, because we began discussing it on the thread right away.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

RD's video surfaced on February 4th.

Based on LE's request for info, it looks like they have evidence placing her in the Pace/Pensacola, FL area from February 3rd-February 5th.

If that's the case, then TS was already in Florida when that video evidence was made public.

JMO.

Good points. I agree she wasn't spooked when the video became public.

But AS was shown the video by RD sometime on Feb 2. I expect it was very early in the day as RD has said he found the footage on Saturday night when he couldn't sleep. AS could have called TS to say WTF. He might have even left a voicemail.

It's also unclear to me if LE absolutely knows TS was in FL from Feb 3-5. Or if they do, that they know how early on the 3rd she arrived. I don't know why she'd have been there for 3 days. I can see why being there at night might have been deemed necessary. And Florida IS wide at the very top. But it's not a 3 day trip to cross the state. Looks more like a 5-6 hour drive. Wonder why she was there so long (if she was.)
JMO

It's so strange, but it almost doesn't make sense if someone else didn't know by the time they were in FL. I don't like to ascribe horrible traits to family members of someone like her just because she is how she is, but if no one else in that caravan knew GS's bady was along, then how could any of the other odd aspects of this drive not be relayed onto LE by one of them? "Oh, she took off middle of the night with the moving van" or "oddly, we took a 5 hour detour for no reason" or "she was very possessive of this one suitcase that was packed but never arrived in SC". Four other people along and yet he was randomly found by a worker.

Given all those open questions I have to think one of them did know, and it wasn't under duress because they would have talked, especially after her arrest...yet they did not. Or she knew someone just as crazy as her down in FL and her family/friends with her were just very unobservant and naive as she arranged a handoff.
bbm
Hmmm....
Wonder if there'll be more arrests this week ?

I think his body was originally left where she killed him. She would’ve used the “ran away and got murdered by a stranger” excuse. When the neighbor’s video was revealed, she knew she would be a suspect and went and got the body then. MOO

I think too, like, his body was at the 's' turn on rt. 105 above Palmer Lake, or on Noe Road. One of those spots is where she killed him. I believe that is where LE got to the evidence to lead to the murder charge, and the tampering with a body charge.

Then she got nervous, went back at night, either already in a suitcase, or placed him in a suitcase at that time.

Where did she keep the body until she went to Florida to dump it?
What vehicle did she drive to Florida?
Did she use the rental from the airport to retrieve the body?

I'm so confused, ya'll need to straighten me out on this stuff :):):)

I want to know when this moving truck came about? She claimed she was kicked out with no undies. Also claimed her bank accounts were frozen. Who paid for the moving truck? No one saw her unloading her house to a moving truck? Surely authorities would know if she was unloading the house and would have been suspicious?

It's so strange, but it almost doesn't make sense if someone else didn't know by the time they were in FL. I don't like to ascribe horrible traits to family members of someone like her just because she is how she is, but if no one else in that caravan knew GS's bady was along, then how could any of the other odd aspects of this drive not be relayed onto LE by one of them? "Oh, she took off middle of the night with the moving van" or "oddly, we took a 5 hour detour for no reason" or "she was very possessive of this one suitcase that was packed but never arrived in SC". Four other people along and yet he was randomly found by a worker.

Given all those open questions I have to think one of them did know, and it wasn't under duress because they would have talked, especially after her arrest...yet they did not. Or she knew someone just as crazy as her down in FL and her family/friends with her were just very unobservant and naive as she arranged a handoff.
The man driving the moving van. I'm sorry I can't help it. I can't seem to let it go. Who is he? He was driving the van. Spencer didn't know. Also, there is a witness EW without an address, IF he is the right one, lives in Horry County. There are 2 other W's on the list as well with his same last name. Are they all related? I find this all very interesting.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know how Colorado is doing things, but I can tell you guys that California courts are close to non-operational. We vacated ALL jury trials in my county last week, reset them out in May (for now) and for things like arraignments and juvenile detention hearings that have to be heard, we are making appearances by telephone. Everything is at a standstill.

As far as the counts relating to blunt force and the knife and gun go, I want to make it clear that these charges relate to a living person. So if LS dismembered Gannon, that would be a different charge. And she already has a desecration charge.

I'm going to try and keep up today, so I'm here for legal questions if anyone has them. This DA is losing her MIND at home!!!

SABBM:

Feb. 4

A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.
________

TIA!
Everywhere else. It was Sunday morning, Feb 2. He saw it on Saturday night, alerted Al early Sunday Morning Feb 2 and at 2pm Search centre was moved.
Article is incorrect in date.
I am sure about this.

She also would've returned to his body within a few days, and he may have still been in rigor.
Doesn't rigor mortis disappear after 8-10 hours ?
I can check, as I'm not sure myself.
If for some reason there's ever an in-depth examination of my pc... there's going to be some interesting searches popping up..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Honestly, I feel like she thought she found the perfect spot. I’ve thought through this a bit because it seems she moved his body several times, and wanted to make sure the last time was the last time.

Her first spot in the woods, presumably, didn’t work because they were able to trace her movements, and she knew they would eventually find him. She needed to move him far away from any of the searches, and not tied to her in CO or S.C.

Water would be a bad idea-bodies end up floating, or drifting to shore and end up being found by fisherman or people walking the shorelines. It wouldn’t really help to wash away evidence, considering the weapons charges. Water might wash away DNA, but it won’t erase blunt force trauma or bullet/stab wounds that may have hit bone. I don’t think water was ever a thought for her.

The woods didn’t work the first time, and after the first near miss (IMO), too much danger of hikers or hunters or searchers coming across his remains.

She didn’t just throw him out along the side of the road as she drove along. When I look at the area, she chose pretty well, as far as places to leave a body go.

If she dropped him from the opposite side of the road from where authorities accessed the location, she saw how far down the hill went-rough terrain, rocky and very tall bridge/columns. To someone not familiar with that spot, it looks like a place nobody would really go-no reason for highway workers to trim weeds deep down in a dry ravine-looking area covered in rocks and boulders. No fisherman or boaters, because she dropped him in the dry rocky area up past the river.

If you’re looking at pics where they are pulled over retrieving Gannon’s body, it seems a lot more shallow or easy to spot. However, the last pic shows a more realistic view of what passers by would see. It’s a very tall bridge with a very deep ravine between the two sections, in the middle of a freeway. It’s not a pullout, or a place anyone has any reason to stop-unless of course your a monster dumping the body of a murdered little boy, or the construction crew we were lucky enough to have show up for bridge work.

Thank goodness she was unlucky enough to choose a location that happened to be right in the middle of an area under heavy construction (according to locals). That’s the only thing she didn’t really account for in this location. If not for that, he really may never have been found there.

View attachment 239818 View attachment 239819 View attachment 239820

Really good post. I just sat looking at all the pictures everyone posted of the crime scene and googling overhead shots of the bridge trying to figure out why she picked there. I kept scratching my head wondering how she missed the water because after a lot of looking it appears water would have never reached that area. I think you may be right. She spent A LOT of time looking for places to leave him. This fit everything she needed. She could lift whatever container/bag/suitcase out and over relatively easy and in many cases it would be undisturbed either forever or for a very long time hidden down there because of the way the bridge is designed and it's distance from fishing spots. She just gets worse the more that comes to light.

If for some reason there's ever an in-depth examination of my pc... there's going to be some interesting searches popping up..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sets in at about 3-4 hours after death and goes away after about 48 hours. It peaks around 12-18 hours.

Given all those open questions I have to think one of them did know, and it wasn't under duress because they would have talked, especially after her arrest...yet they did not.
... well, not that we know of.
However, we do know that Colorado searches were suspended, and statements at the PC implied that LE would not stop searching.

Its possible that the unknowing accomplices disclosed enough information for LE to realize that Gannon's body was no longer in Colorado. And, could be anywhere along their route to SC. It makes sense when listening again to the PC.

The SC incident report states that LE awaited the arrival of a wanted suspect. Its possible that the unknowing accomplices informed LE of where to apprehend the suspect.

Of course this is all speculation on my part.

Attachments

• SC Incident Report.png
    SC Incident Report.png
    404.4 KB · Views: 84
IKR?! I literally couldn’t bring myself to look up using kitty litter to hide odor of a dead body (after someone mentioned that possibility) because I was afraid I’d end up on some FBI list!

SABBM:

Feb. 4

________

TIA!

Per RD agents came to his house on Sat. Feb 1 to review footage from days prior to 1/27.
That night 2/1, he stayed up watching video which he decided to view on his TV so he could see it better.
He saw and heard Gannon's one way trip in the truck with LS.
He called AS and showed him the video and called LE that Sun. 2/2.
So although not in the news until 2/4, 2/2 is the date of the video content being revealed.

LS was aware the video existed without having to see it earlier in the week, as per RD he offered to LS that she come over and view his footage to help her find Gannon, she declined.

Well, I don't know how Colorado is doing things, but I can tell you guys that California courts are close to non-operational. We vacated ALL jury trials in my county last week, reset them out in May (for now) and for things like arraignments and juvenile detention hearings that have to be heard, we are making appearances by telephone. Everything is at a standstill.

As far as the counts relating to blunt force and the knife and gun go, I want to make it clear that these charges relate to a living person. So if LS dismembered Gannon, that would be a different charge. And she already has a desecration charge.

I'm going to try and keep up today, so I'm here for legal questions if anyone has them. This DA is losing her MIND at home!!!
bbm
Thanks for clarifying.

I kind of doubted dismemberment -- not because I don't think it possible (I believe TS wouldn't hesitate if it was to her advantage.), but time was against her.

SABBM:

Feb. 4

________

*ETA: I'm now seeing articles online from Feb. 3rd mentioning the video, so it was definitely out by the 3rd.

We need to go check when we first started discussing the video on the thread here.

That would give us the date it was made public, because we began discussing it on the thread right away.

JMO.

SABBM:

Feb. 4

________

JMO.

Figgered it.

They updated on Feb 4 but stated he had come forward on Sunday, that was Feb 2. It is contained in same article. Here's the quote.

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'She lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend's house,'" Drayton said.

Thanks for the heads-up on that!
I'll go delete my op.
I need to go check Oviedo's timeline again.
... and @GordianKnot IIRC, RD stated that after AS saw the video, he cried but then contacted the FBI. AS is military and most likely will comply with instruction from LE ... despite any emotional desire to confront TS. AS's behavior throughout, never compromised the investigation. Just a thought to add.

Really good post. I just sat looking at all the pictures everyone posted of the crime scene and googling overhead shots of the bridge trying to figure out why she picked there. I kept scratching my head wondering how she missed the water because after a lot of looking it appears water would have never reached that area. I think you may be right. She spent A LOT of time looking for places to leave him. This fit everything she needed. She could lift whatever container/bag/suitcase out and over relatively easy and in many cases it would be undisturbed either forever or for a very long time hidden down there because of the way the bridge is designed and it's distance from fishing spots. She just gets worse the more that comes to light.

She must be one of the world's most indecisive murderers, as I do think she had little else on her mind once they left Colorado. BUT, if we factor in that she was traveling most of the way with others (who surely did not know what they were carrying?), it would have made it hard for her to find a place in the long stretches of lonely Texas roads. She must have known she had to do it before heading north to SC, as she wanted the disposal place away from SC.

I think there were some almost random factors (I am betting that she or they had stopped for sleep). Perhaps she was tired of worrying about it and really did want to go to Daytona or something. I think she tried to toss him "in the water" but had too little daytime knowledge of the place to be accurate.

My biggest worry was that she had covered vast distances, that Gannon could be almost anywhere, and that he'd never be found. As she traveled, she probably thought about throwing him by the side of a road, many times. As such places go, she did pick one that was less visible. She definitely accomplished one of her main goals (which was to hide Gannon's body long enough that bruises and superficial injuries would be undetectable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx