Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

It's a good thought, but the timeline doesn't fit that theory.

RD's video surfaced on February 4th.

Based on LE's request for info, it looks like they have evidence placing her in the Pace/Pensacola, FL area from February 3rd-February 5th.

If that's the case, then TS was already in Florida when that video evidence was made public.

JMO.

This video clip from MSM on 2/4 (Denver 7) says RD gave it to authorities on 2/3. But, I think it may have been Sunday the 2nd that RD found it on his camera system when he was up late because he couldn't fall asleep (can't find a link for that). He showed it to AS soon after. AS may have confronted TS then.
MOO

BBM:

It's a good thought, but the timeline doesn't fit that theory.

RD's video surfaced on February 4th.

Based on LE's request for info, it looks like they have evidence placing her in the Pace/Pensacola, FL area from February 3rd-February 5th.

If that's the case, then TS was already in Florida when that video evidence was made public.

JMO.
Yeah, the theory makes sense though minus the video spooking her. She probably put him somewhere close to home then moved him at a later time.

The man driving the moving van. I'm sorry I can't help it. I can't seem to let it go. Who is he? He was driving the van. Spencer didn't know. Also, there is a witness EW without an address, IF he is the right one, lives in Horry County. There are 2 other W's on the list as well with his same last name. Are they all related? I find this all very interesting.
It was possibly HH's boyfriend, a young guy is how Spencer described him.
Or it could be a van and driver she hired.

Per RD agents came to his house on Sat. Feb 1 to review footage from days prior to 1/27.
That night 2/1, he stayed up watching video which he decided to view on his TV so he could see it better.
He saw and heard Gannon's one way trip in the truck with LS.
He called AS and showed him the video and called LE that Sun. 2/2.
So although not in the news until 2/4, 2/2 is the date of the video content being revealed.

LS was aware the video existed without having to see it earlier in the week, as per RD he offered to LS that she come over and view his footage to help her find Gannon, she declined.

BBM
The whole RD offered to let TS review video story is a bit murky. And it definitely was not THE video he offered. He supposedly offered the review on Jan 27-28 and he didn't know what he had then. He couldn't have offered any later than the 27-28 though because TS was gone from the house by the 29th I believe. It's probably safe to assume too she didn't know where his cameras were aimed.

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

SABBM:

Feb. 4

A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

________

From this MSM, I'm seeing it was Feb. 4th.

Where did you see Feb. 2nd?

*ETA: I'm now seeing articles online from Feb. 3rd mentioning the video, so it was definitely out by the 3rd.

Good Grief. Gotta' love MSM. So reliable always.

We need to go check when we first started discussing the video on the thread here.

That would give us the date it was made public, because we began discussing it on the thread right away.

JMO.

I am trying to remember (I think I remember this)...did the neighbor tell her first that his ring camera allowed him to see her driveway and she was uninterested? If yes, she would definitely have been planning on getting out of there at that point.

IMHO, she may have had a moving truck on the interview day but that doesn't mean she was let in to move things out. She might have been able to take things but I would guess that Al and the LE organizations would have frowned on it by that point.

... and @GordianKnot IIRC, RD stated that after AS saw the video, he cried but then contacted the FBI. AS is military and most likely will comply with instruction from LE ... despite any emotional desire to confront TS. AS's behavior throughout, never compromised the investigation. Just a thought to add.
Even if AS managed to control himself and not confront LS, the neighbor supposedly had asked LS if she wanted to review footage with him, before he even did it. She knew Gannon never came back. Once the neighbor explained his video shows their driveway, LS knew before anyone what that video would show, whenever anyone got around to looking at the earlier footage.

I thought that RD offered LT a chance to see the video but she declined saying that he had left the house in the other direction so no need. Because several of us questioned how she would known what direction he went when he left because she said she was in the basement exercising.

It's so strange, but it almost doesn't make sense if someone else didn't know by the time they were in FL. I don't like to ascribe horrible traits to family members of someone like her just because she is how she is, but if no one else in that caravan knew GS's bady was along, then how could any of the other odd aspects of this drive not be relayed onto LE by one of them? "Oh, she took off middle of the night with the moving van" or "oddly, we took a 5 hour detour for no reason" or "she was very possessive of this one suitcase that was packed but never arrived in SC". Four other people along and yet he was randomly found by a worker.

Given all those open questions I have to think one of them did know, and it wasn't under duress because they would have talked, especially after her arrest...yet they did not. Or she knew someone just as crazy as her down in FL and her family/friends with her were just very unobservant and naive as she arranged a handoff.

If any of them did know, it could be they were too scared of TS to speak up? Or maybe one of them actually did, and gave LE info....just maybe didn't know where along the route Gannon was left...due to their being 2 vehicles etc.

MOO

This video clip from MSM on 2/4 (Denver 7) says RD gave it to authorities on 2/3. But, I think it may have been Sunday the 2nd that RD found it on his camera system when he was up late because he couldn't fall asleep (can't find a link for that). He showed it to AS soon after. AS may have confronted TS then.
MOO

That is incorrect.
RD watched the video on Saturday night/Sunday morning Feb 2 and gave it to AS who gave it to LE on Feb2.

LS had left the family home well before her TV interview on Friday Jan 31st.

I want to know when this moving truck came about? She claimed she was kicked out with no undies. Also claimed her bank accounts were frozen. Who paid for the moving truck? No one saw her unloading her house to a moving truck? Surely authorities would know if she was unloading the house and would have been suspicious?

IMO, she cleaned out those bank accounts much earlier. If I were sure she was going to stay in prison for life and had no outside accomplices, I might write to her and ask. :eek:

Figgered it.

They updated on Feb 4 but stated he had come forward on Sunday, that was Feb 2. It is contained in same article. Here's the quote.

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'She lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend's house,'" Drayton said.

Thanks, kitty!

I also went back to our earlier threads, looks like it was Monday, Feb. 3rd when it was made public.
We started discussing it here on Thread #3 as the news was breaking that day.

El Paso County Sheriff's Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

Last edited:
Even if AS managed to control himself and not confront LS, the neighbor supposedly had asked LS if she wanted to review footage with him, before he even did it. She knew Gannon never came back. Once the neighbor explained his video shows their driveway, LS knew before anyone what that video would show, whenever anyone got around to looking at the earlier footage.

Yes, exactly!

Good points. I agree she wasn't spooked when the video became public.

But AS was shown the video by RD sometime on Feb 2. I expect it was very early in the day as RD has said he found the footage on Saturday night when he couldn't sleep. AS could have called TS to say WTF. He might have even left a voicemail.

It's also unclear to me if LE absolutely knows TS was in FL from Feb 3-5. Or if they do, that they know how early on the 3rd she arrived. I don't know why she'd have been there for 3 days. I can see why being there at night might have been deem
ed necessary. And Florida IS wide at the very top. But it's not a 3 day trip to cross the state. Looks more like a 5-6 hour drive. Wonder why she was there so long (if she was.)
JMO

My guess is they have narrowed down her trip east to those three days, but trying to cover all bases on exactly when she did the body dump...

MOO

She must be one of the world's most indecisive murderers, as I do think she had little else on her mind once they left Colorado. BUT, if we factor in that she was traveling most of the way with others (who surely did not know what they were carrying?), it would have made it hard for her to find a place in the long stretches of lonely Texas roads. She must have known she had to do it before heading north to SC, as she wanted the disposal place away from SC.

I think there were some almost random factors (I am betting that she or they had stopped for sleep). Perhaps she was tired of worrying about it and really did want to go to Daytona or something. I think she tried to toss him "in the water" but had too little daytime knowledge of the place to be accurate.

My biggest worry was that she had covered vast distances, that Gannon could be almost anywhere, and that he'd never be found. As she traveled, she probably thought about throwing him by the side of a road, many times. As such places go, she did pick one that was less visible. She definitely accomplished one of her main goals (which was to hide Gannon's body long enough that bruises and superficial injuries would be undetectable).

I agree she had to worry about hiding things from whoever she was traveling with, but seeing the way she spins and how her family continued defending her I have no doubt she could manipulate and handle them. I keep waiting to hear LH had ties to the area. I don't use SM so no idea if it has been confirmed/denied, but I just keep thinking that may have been a motive in where TS picked as well. I think once she realized the runaway story wasn't going to work, she jumped to the kidnapper story and started planting seeds that LH was involved in that. Would not at all be surprised if she didn't try to do more to make it look that way. However, the more she tried to "fix" what she did the bigger the hole she had dug for herself became. She really is an idiot.

Well, I don't know how Colorado is doing things, but I can tell you guys that California courts are close to non-operational. We vacated ALL jury trials in my county last week, reset them out in May (for now) and for things like arraignments and juvenile detention hearings that have to be heard, we are making appearances by telephone. Everything is at a standstill.

As far as the counts relating to blunt force and the knife and gun go, I want to make it clear that these charges relate to a living person. So if LS dismembered Gannon, that would be a different charge. And she already has a desecration charge.

I'm going to try and keep up today, so I'm here for legal questions if anyone has them. This DA is losing her MIND at home!!!

Thank you, Riolove77!

I did listen to the first 30 minutes of the WS YT with Leigh and Tricia. I totally missed the suitcase reference, it does make sense, Gannon would have to be in some sort of container for transport.

I did catch the following:

Leigh was supposed to meet up with her at Starbucks to view the “lie detector” results.

Leigh had not heard back from LS for several days (I believe all Leigh’s calls were unreturned).

Radio silence on LS end, surprise, surprise! Most likely there was never an actual lie detector test and if she passed that machine surely malfunctioned and caused a fire. :eek:o_O:mad:

At some point during Leigh’s phone calls with her, LS said she was suicidal.

Leigh contacted South Carolina authorities for a welfare check but without a current address little could be done.

Leigh took suicide reference seriously as another case ended in suicide for that stepmom (sorry forgot the case but I know seasoned WS will remember and some apparently participated in that search).

Long story short, eventually a minor family member of LS called Leigh and told her the reason LS had been out of touch and cancelled the meeting.

LS was Pregnant and in the Hospital.​

Shaking my head in disgust, she has played the suicidal (poor me) and pregnancy card all at once.

I take that as a direct dig at someone else in the case having a pregnancy that required hospitalization.

LS is good at turning that knife.

Absolute monstrosity of a person.

Assuming this call was at the bequest of LS.

Please go listen for yourselves Websleuths YouTube needs the views as Tricia is trying to reach a milestone for viewers that will allow her channel to do more. I know everyone does not have the time but please try and hit subscribe.

I am trying to remember (I think I remember this)...did the neighbor tell her first that his ring camera allowed him to see her driveway and she was uninterested? If yes, she would definitely have been planning on getting out of there at that point.

IMHO, she may have had a moving truck on the interview day but that doesn't mean she was let in to move things out. She might have been able to take things but I would guess that Al and the LE organizations would have frowned on it by that point.
BBM:

That is a really great point about the whole moving van question.

What in the world could TS have removed from the house, aside from personal possessions, i.e., her own clothing, toiletries, etc., that would have warranted renting a moving truck?

I wonder how quickly LE was able to obtain warrants in the case…was February 3rd the first day they executed warrants at the house?

In the absence of warrants, I'm not sure there's anything LE could have done to prevent TS from retrieving/removing her own possessions.

Whether AS could or did prevent her from taking things out of their home is a separate question, though.

JMO.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know how Colorado is doing things, but I can tell you guys that California courts are close to non-operational. We vacated ALL jury trials in my county last week, reset them out in May (for now) and for things like arraignments and juvenile detention hearings that have to be heard, we are making appearances by telephone. Everything is at a standstill.

As far as the counts relating to blunt force and the knife and gun go, I want to make it clear that these charges relate to a living person. So if LS dismembered Gannon, that would be a different charge. And she already has a desecration charge.

I'm going to try and keep up today, so I'm here for legal questions if anyone has them. This DA is losing her MIND at home!!!
@riolove77 Your time, knowledge and willingness to answer our questions is appreciated far more than our words express.

Question 1: The complaints witness list includes the name of the defendant's daughter (HH). Is this an indication of her cooperating with the prosecution or could her name appear if she were reluctant, a hostile witness.

Question 2: Will you offer an opinion on whether this case would be attractive to a high profile defense attorney?

Question 3: Given the defendant's history of assaulting a deputy during extradition, will restrains be required during the trial?

Question 4: Will you offer your opinion on the probability of the DDA initiating a plea agreement?

I thank you for your time :)

IKR?! I literally couldn’t bring myself to look up using kitty litter to hide odor of a dead body (after someone mentioned that possibility) because I was afraid I’d end up on some FBI list!
LOL well if you change your mind can you also check on gasoline odor?
I’m really thinking she pulled a JA and hit those multiple gas stations in CS filling up multiple gas cans. I think there were 3 on the witness list? 2 large cans per station for a total of 6 would be a lot of gas odor. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx