Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, (apologies if this question has been asked and answered)
What are the legal formalities/procedures of informing a murder suspect
or their attorney that a body has been found?

I would like to know if she has been informed.
Oh she knows...the other inmates that get to watch TV will have let her know I'm sure.

MOO

IMO, there are reasons to believe Gannon was in the truck.

Indeed, putting him in the trunk of that Nissan would have made for unbearable driving conditions IMO. Everyone would soon know he was there - keep in mind he had already been dead for about a week.

There are other reasons that cannot yet be discussed.

BBM

Really? Oh my.....you know we need (want) to know what you mean, 10ofRods!

MOO

Just a reminder of what media was reporting on February 3rd. The big new evidence was RD’s surveillance footage.

UPDATE: Seven days after his disappearance, a Metro Crime Lab team spent hours at 11-year-old Gannon Stauch’s home today. They went in with gloves and tools and left with several evidence bags. Have live reports with exclusive details about a new piece of evidence at 4@5 on @KDVR

Nicole Fierro on Twitter

That’s the problem with us speculating because everyone is assuming that bc they were all together during this interview, that they all travelled together to SC. What if they didn’t travel together and she rented or borrowed a completely different vehicle and went to SC on her own. If I knew I had to get rid of a body and didn’t want it to be found, I’d find a reason to go on my own to SC bc the more people that knows the more likely someone will talk.
Or if they all did travel together, they may have taken turns driving. That was a long trip. She may have been alone even if for a portion of the time.
I’m a female and not in great shape but I don’t think I’d have trouble lifting or pushing that amount of weight. It’s not impossible by any means.

GANNON...

hmmm, Excuse me, Let me help, I speak Leteciatis,

We have ALL heard her say that LH sent someone to get him...custodial kidnapping?

We just thought she was talking to US!

Forgive, I am a happy person, all my repressed joy from this past month is spewing out w/ my emotion and tears.

Somewhere there IS $180,000
Ransom
Life insurance
Al’s retirement
$$$

GANNON..

I am not sure how much news coverage was given, outside Colorado?

I was in SC and we were heavily focused on Faye Swetlik( not sure of her dates?)

They absolutely overlapped for awhile It was reported as a runaway, less dramatic than 6 yr old abduction.

Reading further posts, w/ more info
PLEASE, do not take my previous posts as
defending Letecias family?!

However, knowing baby sister as I do, no way in Whell would I have been helping her move under the circumstances...my other siblings are big into denial...

She could have been so distressed, radio noise “would have upset her”, etc.
I have lots of questions, I am going to start writing them down, in a big notebook.

GANNON

Been wanting to post this and going to piggyback here ... The best friend to a Psychopath is DENIAL and Naivete - those 2 concrete the pattern in early life. MOO

So...do you think that her attorney was constantly reminding her that she needed to sit and be a good girl during that court appearance? And that the presence of the two guards was a constant reminder?

With Joe DeAngelo they put him a wheelchair at one point, and one reason was to hide his handcuffs from the camera on the view that it is prejudicial (pretty sure the defense asked for and got that concession).

Is it possible that they could charge others with conspiracy and use that to get LS to plea to all charges? I think you're right, though - she won't be satisfied until she gets a big ole trial. I wonder if she's out of her suicide shirt yet.

I'm sure her attorneys have coacher her on proper courtroom behavior, and the fact that she is now nationally televised. They can charge anyone w/ conspiracy who they have proof conspired w/ her, but I don't think LS is the type of person to fall on the sword for anyone else. If she's going down, she's taking everyone down with her.

It might not have been legally permitted for LE to 'follow' or 'track' TS until after the RD video came to light (before the video there was no evidence that showed TS as being directly involved in Gannon leaving the house ).

Then, LE would had to have obtained warrant(s) specific to tracking / following TS' movements from that point. We do not yet know if the warrant(s) would have been fast-tracked, but even if they were LE would have to ramp up to facilitate tracking. By then, TS already might have been on the move.
Yes, I think she managed to hold them off for a few days with the runaway story. She provided them with important information that had to be investigated first.
Even if they did not believe her, they probably needed substantial evidence before they decided to put her under surveillance or track her every movement.

Once the investigation took a turn, TS made her move. But not before she did her interview providing an excuse for getting out of town. She needed LE to know she was being harassed and getting death threats and feared for her life.

Imo

Restoration Church

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF AL STAUCH-

"I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to the community here in Colorado and all over the nation to express my deepest gratitude and true heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming support.

Many of you have either requested or inquired about information from me or interaction with me throughout these past two months. As you can tell from the initial missing child report, to the arrest and charges in early March, and now the wonderful, yet gut-wrenching news that Gannon's body has been recovered, this has been a heartbreaking and absolutely devastating time period in my life.

I am a very private person anyways, but balancing my desire to show my great appreciation and my need to cope with the continually evolving devastation has not been easy. I thank each member of the community and media that has respected my privacy and need to process everything that has happened.

Those who I have personally trusted with information in the public have respected my privacy in an epic manner, and to those one to two people I owe you a lifelong debt of gratitude. If there is any question about whom I trust, take a look at who releases this statement. Anyone else is simply using me, my precious, heartbroken daughter, and my loving family as fodder for their personal agenda, which is absolutely despicable.

To those who are loving, supportive, and peaceful, thank you a million times over and God bless you all. I will more than likely not give any public interviews or statements until the end of the case, but I thank you all in advance for respecting my approach.

Al Stauch"

What an amazing statement. Strength and grace.

Driving from CS to Florida is easily a 18-20 hr drive not including breaks for restroom, food and gas.

Unless she 1) stopped for the night or 2) was totally hepped up on some sort of stimulant, I really don't see how she could do it alone. Unless she did it over 2-3 days which is even more sick, driving that long with a decomposing body.

She would have also had to watch her driving and speed, couldn't take a chance to get pulled over with a deceased child in the trunk.

This woman is one of the most depraved I've seen in the news for quite some time. Absolute garbage human being.

From the little bit we can see of it in the Spencer interview, IMO it’s just a white cargo van. I keep seeing people say she had a Uhaul truck but I really doubt she got something that big. JMO she didn’t have time to abscond with much besides her and HH’s clothing. Enterprise rents vans. Pages 19, 20.

BBM

Oh now that's interesting......
IIRC....
Enterprise is on witness list.....UHaul isn't (not visibly anyway).

MOO

Restoration Church

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF AL STAUCH-

"I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to the community here in Colorado and all over the nation to express my deepest gratitude and true heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming support.

Many of you have either requested or inquired about information from me or interaction with me throughout these past two months. As you can tell from the initial missing child report, to the arrest and charges in early March, and now the wonderful, yet gut-wrenching news that Gannon's body has been recovered, this has been a heartbreaking and absolutely devastating time period in my life.

I am a very private person anyways, but balancing my desire to show my great appreciation and my need to cope with the continually evolving devastation has not been easy. I thank each member of the community and media that has respected my privacy and need to process everything that has happened.

Those who I have personally trusted with information in the public have respected my privacy in an epic manner, and to those one to two people I owe you a lifelong debt of gratitude. If there is any question about whom I trust, take a look at who releases this statement. Anyone else is simply using me, my precious, heartbroken daughter, and my loving family as fodder for their personal agenda, which is absolutely despicable.

To those who are loving, supportive, and peaceful, thank you a million times over and God bless you all. I will more than likely not give any public interviews or statements until the end of the case, but I thank you all in advance for respecting my approach.

Al Stauch"

What an amazing statement. Strength and grace.
God Bless Him!
My heart breaks for him. I just can’t imagine. And i’m Sure it will be a long time if ever that he can ever trust again.

I will do my best!

1. any witness will appear on a list; cooperative or hostile. Absolutely anyone who could possibly appear must be on the list, because they must all be discovered to the defense. If someone is not on the list, the defense could move to exclude that persons testimony.

2. a Jose Baez type may very well jump on this.

3. I would ask for her to be in restraints given her track record thus far. However, defense will fight this, because of the perception it gives off to a jury. If this does go to trial, it’s gonna be a long time, so it’ll also depend on her behavior between now and then.

4. I don’t know about a plea. They have the body now so there is nothing to bargain with her for. She can always plea to the sheet, meaning she just pleas open to the entirety of the criminal complaint or the indictment, and the judge will sentence her. I personally don’t see her pleading but who knows. She strikes me as the Casey Anthony type. I don’t think she will get up there and testify like Jodi. But I could be wrong.
Thank you so much for your insight @riolove77 .
What so you feel the chances are for a change of venue?

I will do my best!

1. any witness will appear on a list; cooperative or hostile. Absolutely anyone who could possibly appear must be on the list, because they must all be discovered to the defense. If someone is not on the list, the defense could move to exclude that persons testimony.

2. a Jose Baez type may very well jump on this.

3. I would ask for her to be in restraints given her track record thus far. However, defense will fight this, because of the perception it gives off to a jury. If this does go to trial, it’s gonna be a long time, so it’ll also depend on her behavior between now and then.

4. I don’t know about a plea. They have the body now so there is nothing to bargain with her for. She can always plea to the sheet, meaning she just pleas open to the entirety of the criminal complaint or the indictment, and the judge will sentence her. I personally don’t see her pleading but who knows. She strikes me as the Casey Anthony type. I don’t think she will get up there and testify like Jodi. But I could be wrong.

Hard to imagine Baez. Casey sold some photos to pay some of his bills, and I guess paid the rest with a other types of favors. I hope the media isn't open to funding her at this point.., and I hope he knows better than to go down that other road again.

Baez made his name with that case, does he really need another sensationalist case?

IIRC.
IMO...That was about the same time numerous NEW WS accounts were created and attempted to steer a specific agenda.
Maybe not.

Yeah, I'm suspicious.

Because if it wasn't a play on the Hardy Boys and (Nancy) Drew, then it was someone who doesn't know that people are hardy, stews and soups are hearty; which sounds like a Leticia-[mis]stake if ever there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie