Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myrtle Beach is approximately a 10 or 11 hour drive from Pensacola. And Pensacola is about 22 hours from Colorado Springs - one day of driving straight through - easy with two drivers. If they left on the 31st or even February 1st, that would put her in Pensacola earlier than LE has suggested with their request for tips seeing T in Pensacola between 2/3-2/5.

You could make it from Colorado Springs to Myrtle Beach in roughly 26 hours of drive time. Stopping by Pensacola adds another 8-10 hours to that drive time (total of 32-33 hours). Not really 'on the way.'

I'm thinking that moving van went straight to Myrtle Beach and T was fooling around taking care of other business before she drove the body down separately to Pensacola and then headed home Myrtle Beach. That's the only way she could be in Pensacola between 2/3 and 2/5 - unless they all left Colorado Springs later than Jan 31 or Feb 1.

I also wondered if she drove him down from Myrtle Beach, letting the driver of the moving van unwittingly carry him from Colorado Springs. It is only a 10-hour drive from Myrtle Beach, but I think other places to the east would beckon her before she arrived in Pensacola, so I don't favor that idea.

One thing that stands out to me though is that she went 'big' on this. I consider her stupid and reactionary in her activities, but she went over the top on this whole crime. I think we all expected Gannon to be found close to home - she added a whole new dimension to this case and still, she will be exposed. Karma is awesome! JMO

JMO
Been thinking of that location where they found his body. If it was nightime and if he was thrown off the edge of the higher road (one on left of picture of LE vehicles) then I could see where someone who was not very familiar with that area around the bridge may have thought it was all swampy and wet under the area where he was found.

The road was still elevated and the land underneath the road looked like it could have been swampy if it was dark out. In daylight it is easy to see it is dry under there but at night it may have looked to be swampy and part of the river systems.

It may have been a bad mistake by whoever dumped him over the side. They probably were not very familiar with that area. Its either that or they panicked and had to dump him anyway even though they drove past the water parts.

This entire post makes sense to me. Did I not read somewhere early in this thread that women murderers often choose water as a place to stash their victims?

I think she scoped the area online, knew she was going to be driving through, headed east, at night. She pulled over, threw that suitcase over the concrete wall, and headed out. It took her 2 minutes max. MOO.

giphy.gif
Here for Gannon

Interesting.
The Escambia Alligators might be a bit of general military lore spread by those having been stationed at Pensecola.

The place he was dropped was a loop north from the I 10.

Traveling east on I 10 from the point where one would exit for Pace at highway 291 exit to the point one would loop back to I 10 from Pace at Hwy 281 exit, Google maps says 20 minutes.

Leaving I 10 at 291 and looping north on 291/90 to Pace and then back from Pace to I 10 on 281, Google maps says just 24 minutes.

GANNON...

Britanee Drexel

Makes perfect sense

As always, she doesn’t finish her homework

She has a military connection

Family or lover

thought we were working on 500 piece
puzzle, no wonder it’s so hard

Maybe it’s 1,000pieces puzzle,
May be it’s 180,000 pieces

Maybe it’s 2 puzzles w/ similar pieces
The plot is sludge MHO

Yes, I can see that. She will use GS' body being found in Florida as her excuse that she could not have done it. She'll instruct her attorneys to push that angle -- trying to make it look as though he was truly abducted and harmed by someone else. MOO JMO
Undoubtedly, that was her plan. But I have confidence LE has evidence that will link her to a crime scene in Colorado, moving his body, and traveling to Florida.

Game over!!!

From everything that we know & what we think we know, what object(s) would have a latent print on it/them that the prosecution would call to the stand a 20-something year latent print expert?

Could be anything but not the suitcase if this witness is on the original list. He/she might end up testifying about the suitcase too but couldn't have been initially included for that reason.

Possibilities: a print on the board, a print in the house with blood traces, prints related to the rental car trunk (not necessarily incriminating by themselves), prints on possible weapons from the house, prints on a shell casing if any, prints on evidence found during sifting, if any...
JMO

Yes, I can see that. She will use GS' body being found in Florida as her excuse that she could not have done it. She'll instruct her attorneys to push that angle -- trying to make it look as though he was truly abducted and harmed by someone else. MOO JMO

Of course and LE knows that. That's why they are asking for anyone who saw her in FL those days. They need footage or witnesses to prove she was there. They are making sure they leave no out for her.

GANNON...

Britanee Drexel

Makes perfect sense

Family or lover

The plot is sludge
MHO

Yes, 2 puzzles, because IMO puzzle #2 was her change of plans to move the body to Florida.
She had mixed up all the puzzle pieces and some of the pieces she had already lost so she could not complete either of the 2 puzzles, and neither can we hardly. :)

Last edited:
Interesting.
The Escambia Alligators might be a bit of general military lore spread by those having been stationed at Pensecola.

The place he was dropped was a loop north from the I 10.

Traveling east on I 10 from the point where one would exit for Pace at highway 291 exit to the point one would loop back to I 10 from Pace at Hwy 281 exit, Google maps says 20 minutes.

Leaving I 10 at 291 and looping north on 291/90 to Pace and then back from Pace to I 10 on 281, Google maps says just 24 minutes.

GANNON...

Britanee Drexel

Makes perfect sense

Family or lover

The plot is sludge MHO
Hasn't it been confirmed that he was in a suitcase or some sort of bag? If so, I would say she wasn't thinking of that angle - not many reports of alligators getting into suitcases to eat the contents. She is stupid though. JMO
Undoubtedly, that was her plan. But I have confidence LE has evidence that will link her to a crime scene in Colorado, moving his body, and traveling to Florida.

Game over!!!

GANNON... she THOUGHT she was going

to kill Gannon,

frame Landen

collect life insurance

amd live happily after

W/ AL?

I don’t think so!

Does Landen have someone in FL?

Does Leticia have liver /accomplice in FL

Check one and only one...

Remains found in Florida tentatively ID'd as Gannon Stauch, sheriff says

SABBM:

Authorities declined to say how they connected Letecia Stauch to the boy's apparent death and her arrest affidavit is sealed. But Allen previously said "tons" of video footage, obtained from cellphone and other sources, as well as more than 1,000 pages of law enforcement reports and at least 107 search warrants have been generated thus far.

Since the material has not been made available to the defense, the judge set an April 14 review hearing to address the next steps in the case. The judge could decide then whether the investigative materials will be made public or if they will remain sealed.

In-custody cases will be heard despite the court restrictions on cases amid the coronavirus outbreak, Allen said.
A gag order limits pretrial statements in the case.

Re: The unsealing of the arrest affidavit, I'm leaning strongly in the "later rather than sooner" direction.

I agree with what the article said r/t the April 14 review date as being a potential time for the judge to rule on the media's motion to unseal the affidavit.

While I'd love to see that affidavit released to the public this week, I don't think that's going to happen.

On the upside, it sounds like covid isn't going to completely stop the wheels of justice from slowing turning.

I look forward to DDA Allen grinding TS into tiny particles of dust.

JMO.

GANNON Is my hero!

Tears, again...

When I think of all the vile descriptive words and then some, I picture this huge repulsive, evil person, I also see this tiny little boy, with snaggletoothed grin...

I focus on this one thing...

GANNON TOOK HER DOWN!

he beat her at her own game, and he is
putting the pieces away.

Sort of like David and Goliath
and all those other heroes...
@Feistyomi ... and oh how we appreciate your perspective. Gannon is a hero!
  • This precious sacrificial lamb, exposed the wicked evil that is TS, and no longer will she roam the earth deceiving society,
  • His parents are now united in their love for him,
  • His father was freed from her clutches,
  • His mother vindicated from enduring TS's ongoing smear, manipulation and infliction of pain,
  • His sister was spared further abuse and possibly a similar fate,
  • Countless people all around the world are embracing his beloved family with compassion and support,
  • Gannon enlightened our hearts to the ability to love and little boy we never met.
  • And although WS members disagree from time to time, we are united in our outrage against the evil that ended his life.

And that is just a start ...

From everything that we know & what we think we know, what object(s) would have a latent print on it/them that the prosecution would call to the stand a 20-something year latent print expert?

Gannon...

This one, I really like...does that mean really

old as in, anything newer than,even better...

I’d be checking any relative’s obituary, at

this point,

she HAS done this before...

genetics, accomplice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics