Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one want to know wth Sadie is because unless I’ve missed it somewhere if she is missing or taken why otherwise would AS request her return in his divorce documents? The talk of the gate, its key and how great Gannon was with the dogs is extremely concerning to me.
If someone knows the dog has been returned or her whereabouts please advise because I put nothing past this stepmonster including the possibility that she hurt the dog or blamed Gannon because the pup was lost or missing.
To anyone who doesn’t understand the significance of a missing dog especially in this circumstance, obviously you’ve never owned a pet. To many pets are their children and to the children who are blessed with pets those pets are their everything. IMO

So unequivocally absolutely true. With how much caring, training, feeding, vaccinations, check-ups, nutrition, bathing, socialization, deworming, preventatives a puppy at that age needs, let's hope there's not another victim of this soulless creature and that we soon find out Sadie is back with Al being taken care of. With a bladder the size of a dime, it needs to be with someone who loves it or it could end up on the streets.

Starts around 35 minutes in....
LISTEN AS EVIL STEPMOM'S BUSTED LYING TO CRIME ONLINE REPORTER & caught on neighbors home security camera. 11-year-old Gannon Stauch STILL MISSING. - Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

ETA: my "transcription" from a previous post, best you listen for yourself...
“I went over to his house and I was like hey I have a camera that I can see if anyone came by and picked him up, do you wanna watch it? and first thing SHE said was NO, he went the other way, he didn’t come towards the HOUSE…so I didn’t think anything of it…..

Saturday, Feb. 1, the FBI goes door to door, his curiosity is piqued when they take footage from the days before Gannon is missing.

“So that Saturday the FBI and cops were going around asking people if they could watch our cameras, coming around asking people for video. He looked at mine and he went back to SATURDAY. My wife and I went to the movies, but when I came back, I was like hmmm why did he go back to SATURDAY.

So when I got back home I went through hundreds and hundreds of videos.

I watched the video at least 20 to 30 times to make sure. That is when I went to his house and showed him (AL).

They took 60-70 videos that I recorded. They have all of it. Day and night. My video records 24hrs."

Thank you! It doesn’t have the actual news clip, but I did listen until the end, and they cut the part where Roderick talks about approaching Al to show him the video. It sounds like I need to find his interview with Dave Mac from Crime Online, or whatever news agency aired a snippet.

I swear he said LS was there that day. I need to find it to confirm if I heard wrong, because I truly want to nail down the day she left CO.

What we witnessed in that "redo" at the end of Spencer's interview with her gives us some insight, I think. In the flash of a second, indeed a mere millisecond, she went from completely dry-eyed, utterly detached, "Oh, Gannon was a sweet boy" to the sobbing, pleading, "Gannon, please come home" heart-broken stepmom. Clearly she could turn it on and off at will.

I agree that no one becomes that phony, that cold, and that dead overnight. It takes sin upon sin to become that hollow. They say sin is its own punishment and that sin darkens the intellect. I believe both are true. The more one lies, the more one deceives, the more one harms others - the easier it becomes and the emptier and darker they become. The more unreal and out of touch with reality they become. The more evil they become.

Were there warning signs that others missed? My experience with narcissists is that they demonstrate two primary behaviors: gaslighting and rage. It's not just that they lie; they lie with such self-confidence and such aggression that even those who know they are lying, are sure they are lying, actually end up questioning themselves and their own perception of reality. As a result, without intending to, they end up letting the liar get away with the lies. And the more they get away with them, the more confident they grow in them. And the more confident they grow in them, the more prone to anger they become when they're challenged. The narcissist's rage is a thing to behold, especially how quickly it can be triggered. Combine those two behaviors and gradually, over time, those around them get worn down: they question their own perceptions and yes, grow fearful of making the narcissist angry. It causes them to miss many red flags.

Did people not see who and what she was? Keep in mind that even Landen said she trusted her. Al said he gave more to her than to anyone else in his life. Neither would have done that had they seen what she was. So how do you explain that? MOO? By the third and fourth behaviors that narcissists tend to demonstrate and excel at: flattery and generosity. They can be very charming and very flattering. They want above all to be loved and admired and they do things that cause others to love and admire them.

But that too can be turned on and off like a light switch. Their emotions for others are never genuine, but rather based in achieving the goal of being loved and admired. And if it fails to work? If the spouse begins to turn away, or the employer not be impressed? It's like when their lies are challenged: it can provoke the most intense rage.
I spent 12 years with one. You are charmed by the fake person. Believe that is the “real” person and the rest is a bad mood etc. They convince you that you are at fault and you attempt to do what they want to get the nice version back. They enjoy your pain and are without a soul.

Thank you! It doesn’t have the actual news clip, but I didn’t listen until the end, and they cut the part where Roderick talks about approaching Al to show him the video. It sounds like I need to find his interview with Dave Mac from Crime Online, or whatever news agency aired a snippet.

I swear he said LS was there that day. I need to find it to confirm if I heard wrong, because I truly want to nail down the day she left CO.
Correct there is not a news clip (no video) but this audio has Roderick saying he approached Al and LS. It is in there with her saying NO he did not go towards the house, so she did not want to view the footage apparently.

It starts around 35:00 goes to commercial then has Dave Mac's audio recording again. It also has Leigh Egan at around 29:00 I think. I had to listen to it on headphones.

I’ve searched the media thread and cannot find it-but someone posted a link with a short news clip at some point after the first big blowup Feb 4, with Roderick Drayton, where he commented that he had approached Al and asked him to come over alone so they could speak, and that’s when he showed him the surveillance footage. He mentioned LS wanted to come as well, but he insisted on Al alone.

This is a different clip, posted much later than the Feb 4 news footage where he first shows reporters the videos.

It’s also NOT the clip where he talks about the first time he approached LS and said “my camera footage might help” and she dismisses him, saying Gannon would’ve gone the other way.

If anyone can find that news clip, I would be forever grateful.

Interesting! This would mean she was still at the house at that time. Or just over there for some reason? Somehow I thought she had left the home earlier in the week.

ETA: I think maybe details of two separate events are being confused here. 1st event happened shortly after Gannon was reported missing - RD went over to offer his video footage of the day he "ran away". LS said nope, don't need it, don't wanna take a look at it, he headed the other way when he left. 2nd event happened a few days later when RD knew he had important footage and asked AS to come take a look at it. I haven't seen anything about LS wanting to come view it as well at that time. I still think she was gone by then. Timewise, she very well could have been on her way to FL.

Last edited:
I want to know how familiar she was with a path from Colorado to Florida. Could she make this trip easily without a GPS? How many times has she driven this route that she would not need a GPS?

Gee, back in the late 70s and early 80s, I drove all up and down the east coast several times....all by myself....always got where I was going....never (obviously) using a gps. I'm in my 60s now and still would have no clue how to work a gps if you handed me one.

MOE and MOO

Last edited:
Thank you! It doesn’t have the actual news clip, but I did listen until the end, and they cut the part where Roderick talks about approaching Al to show him the video. It sounds like I need to find his interview with Dave Mac from Crime Online, or whatever news agency aired a snippet.

I remember that too.

The confinement to my apartment is making me crazy. (I'm high-risk and NYC is on total lockdown). I need to think of something cheerful.
While there is nothing to be cheerful about in this horrible, horrible tragedy, I'm going to take a step back and at least thank God that Gannon's body was found.

Although it would be so much better had he been one of the miracles who was found alive somehow, since he was already dead I will be glad for this lesser miracle. He was so far away from home and he could have so, so easily never been found. How serendipitous that those workers noticed the suitcase and he was discovered. Had they not been there, his parents would never have closure, and LE would not have as much evidence.

Of course we all know this already. However, I've mentioned once or twice in other WS missing child forums that I had acquaintances in high school who have been missing for over 46 years. Mitch Weiser and Bonnie Bickwit. They disappeared in July 1973, aged 15 and 16 if I recall, and have never been seen or heard from since. I don't even know if their parents are still alive, but I remember that for DECADES Bonnie's mother kept their phone number in the White Pages in case Bonnie ever called. They also refused to move when they were older, in case she suddenly showed up. The decades and decades of not knowing, of waiting for a phone call or a sudden reappearance, is worse than finding them dead. There are websites devoted to them and WS has a thread for them. We used to think they ran away, but they'd be senior citizens now, not teenagers. They are the longest missing teenagers in America, I believe.

I say all this to say that at least LH and AS will not have to go through this pure agony, nor will his little sister.

If only TS had gone missing long ago.
I agree. At least there is peace knowing where your loved one is. It must be the worst kind of fate to search crowds every day, years, decades, looking for a face that is matured but familiar. Never having answers, closure. At the very least there is that. A strange gift I am sure LS wanted to deprive Gannon's loved ones of.

There is no video but this audio has Roderick saying he approached Al and LS. It starts around 35:00 goes to commercial then has Dave Mac's audio recording again. It also has Leigh Egan at around 29:00 I think. I had to listen to it on headphones.

Yes, I heard that part, thank you so much! They are referring to when RD first approached them about his camera before he ever found the damning video, and LS dismisses it and says “nah he went the other way but thanks”.

There was another news clip much later, where RD spoke to a news crew and talked about after he found the footage and went to Al’s house and wanted to get Al alone to show him the video. Digging for a needle in a haystack, but I will find it eventually.

Sleuthing the perp only.... Lumbee's and Locklear's are somewhat interconnected.
If that was your meaning ? :)
Curious to see if the family arrives en masse to support TS in court ?
Blood is thicker than water and all of that... but I'd never have anyone's back who murdered a child. Ever.

Yes! Along with the Hunt surname and North Carolina, etc...it will for sure be interesting to see who shows up to support her. Lumbee solidarity is historically strong, but I don’t think many people could support this monster.

Upon picking up AS from the airport, I wonder if LS had AS sit in the vehicle in which she had Gannon hidden in a suitcase in the trunk? Of course, this assumes LS was the one who picked up AS at the airport upon his arrival.
Yeah, this possibility has crossed my mind as well. I've started to lean away from it because what if AS wanted to put his luggage in the trunk? He would undoubtedly wonder why there was a suitcase already in there. But who knows? Maybe he packed light, and "always" just threw his luggage in the backseat?

I guess it's still is possible. It just seems awfully risky, and I'm not sure why she would need to take that risk.

JMO

I wanted to reflect on AS'S statements and his quiet resolve to be silent until the trial and things that I can't mention here on SM that show a troubling (to me) rise in family members trying to profit on the loss of an innocent life! I am really saddened to see that someone would use this tragedy to raise money for themselves and was heartened to see AS in his humble statement to want to be silent.that was my opinion.

I'd love to know what it is that some of y'all are hinting about.

Gee, back in the late 70s and early 80s, I drove all up and down the east coast several times....all by myself....always got where I was going....never (obviously) using a gps. I'm 61 now and still would have no clue how to work a gps if you handed me one.

MOE and MOO

Somewhere in all this, I believe LS states she did a lot of driving to pickup the kids while AL was working. She knows the routes. And besides, go East.

I remember that too.

Yes, I heard that part, thank you so much! They are referring to when RD first approached them about his camera before he ever found the damning video, and LS dismisses it and says “nah he went the other way but thanks”.

There was another news clip much later, where RD spoke to a news crew and talked about after he found the footage and went to Al’s house and wanted to get Al alone to show him the video. Digging for a needle in a haystack, but I will find it eventually.

It’s driving me BONKERS. I knoooow I heard it. Swear I saw it. I will find it.

Holy cow, if you are all positive you heard that then I hope you can find it. This would place her in COS on Feb. 1st (is that right?).

ETA: it's possible she was there packing up her moving van.

No, I don’t think you’re being silly. I genuinely don’t believe she could find the United States on a world map, let alone an individual state on a US map.

Future interview conversation between MG and LS:
MG: So, what country do you want to go to, LS?
LS: Wyoming.
MG: LS, Wyoming is not a country.
moo

I remembered a little more about that article in question. There was something about RD wanted to talk to Al and ask him to come over alone without TS. He didn't want her to know what he was going to show Al.

I remembered a little more about that article in question. There was something about RD wanted to talk to Al and ask him to come over alone without TS. He didn't want her to know what he was going to show Al.

Yes, that’s what I remember as well. The only problem is that I cannot find the blasted clip or article snippet. My guess is that it was his interview with Leigh Egan, or Dave Mack from Crime Online that was posted in March, and used in that Nancy Grace Crime Online broadcast. It could have also been a different news source who spoke with him around that same time.

Either way, he may very well have just said he wanted him to come alone, and I just added in my own mind “without LS”.

I’m certain LE knows when she left, it’s just driving me nuts not having a date nailed down for us, the sleuthers. Especially since right now, if/until we get the AA, we have nothing to do aside from ponder what we have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie