Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been discussing that particular report in the Gazette; it is not an arrest document, its is a paraphrased timeline written by a Gazette reporter. It is not what the Arrest Affidavit states on page 4; that the Nintendo Switch has not been found.

Just trying to help keep the facts straight :)
Yes, here is the text from the arrest affidavit, paragraph 29:

"As displayed in paragraph 54 below, images were taken on Leticia’s cell phone on or about 0813 and 0817hrs on the morning of January 27, 2020 showing Gannon sleeping in his bed. Of particular note, his Nintendo Switch (a small video game console) is visible in the photo lying next to him on the bed. Mr. Stauch has said that this gaming system was of high importance to Gannon. To date, investigators have been unable to locate the Nintendo Switch. It should also be noted that Leticia used her phone the following day, January 28, 2020 at or about 1257 hrs to conduct a Google search “can nintendo find my switch”. This is also detailed in the list of some of her search history in paragraph [4] and reasonably occurred because she was contemplating how she would dispose of the Switch."

SEE IT: Full affidavit against stepmom Letecia Stauch, accused of brutally murdering young boy in bedroom

"As displayed in paragraph 54 below, images were taken on Leticia’s cell phone on or about 0813 and 0817hrs on the morning of January 27, 2020 showing Gannon sleeping in his bed. Of particular note, his Nintendo Switch (a small video game console) is visible in the photo lying next to him on the bed. Mr. Stauch has said that this gaming system was of high importance to Gannon. To date, investigators have been unable to locate the Nintendo Switch. It should also be noted that Leticia used her phone the following day, January 28, 2020 at or about 1257 hrs to conduct a Google search “can nintendo find my switch”. This is also detailed in the list of some of her search history in paragraph [4] and reasonably occurred because she was contemplating how she would dispose of the Switch."

SEE IT: Full affidavit against stepmom Letecia Stauch, accused of brutally murdering young boy in bedroom

Thanks for the link!

Either way, LS had possession of Gannon's phone from at least Sunday night on which is what I've always thought. The searches, texts, etc, from that point on were all done by LS pretending to be Gannon. The lack of response to AS's text until just before making the purchase during the second Petco visit makes sense with her leaving it behind & then retrieving it or being too "busy" and having the phone off between the Petco visits.

Regardless, LS took Gannon's phone away from him & he had NO CHANCE of contacting his parents for help! I HATE her :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This phone stuff really confuses me. If she took his phone on Sunday to avoid him reporting something, then she purposely took it with her Monday while at the same time leaving hers at home.

The phone texts HH about 20 min after leaving Monday morning, so if she brought it with her, why wait 20 min into the trip out? Why not just turn around and leave the phone?

If she didn't take his phone on Sunday, then presumably he wasn't super injured enough to reach out. It would make sense he snuck it in without her knowing on Monday, and that would make sense with leaving it at petco...but she was actively using it to text (both AS and GS) during that trip.

She looked up phone tracing after her 2 hour unknown location window. If she was actively trying to kill him in that time or dump him, what would she have done, bring his phone back home with all that data?

I can see a scenario where she may have wanted to stage him "being hit by a car", driving him off and dumping him with his injuries to make them think he was hit or beat up by strangers. But in that case, leaving the phone at petco doesn't add up, nor does leaving a texting trail.

All that to say, the phone situation is one of the more fascinating things to me in this case - really hoping we get some solid explanations on it later.

Maybe he sat on the board (or laid down on it in the back seat).

Maybe. But

1. My understanding is the board measured 2ft x 4 ft. Would that even fit on the backseat width-wise? Or leave enough "legroom" for GS to get into the car as shown on the video?

2. Unless AS kept a board in the backseat, there ought to be video showing TS loading it in. A board that big can't be hidden or "ambiguous" in a video (unlike some other objects we've hypothesized about)

Of course, we might not know if such video exists. But LE does and did when the AA was written. LE would also know from AS if such a board was stored in his backseat.
JMO

Inthedetails (and or Niner), could you make the timeline a sticky or something so it can be in the opening post of every new thread?

I'm sorry to say I don't know how to make a sticky or put at the top of a thread.

There is a comprehensive timeline for the case, so that is always available.

Adding her lies is not a bad idea. I rejected them for my timeline, but upon thinking further, there probably is a "glimmer" of truth in each of them. IMO, the lie scenarios offer explanations for otherwise unexplained details. Perhaps I'll pull together the suspected/known lies from the affidavit and post so we can see if there is anything to be learned.

jmo

jmo

What the holy heck is this woman's obsession with a military man?? I love a man in uniform as much as anyone, but I'm aware of the commitment & time that being in the military involves. Being a military spouse involves support & sacrifice. If her goal was to be the center of attention, having someone around all the time to "help" and dote on her, and lots of personal time together.....what was she thinking?!?!? And she already had a military man, why look for another if she was dissatisfied? :mad::(

If she assaulted him on Sunday, she had all of Sunday night/early Monday morning to do some cleaning.
There's a gap in those google searches she did between around 1 am and 4:40 am.
Methinks she was spending a good chunk of that time cleaning.

JMO.
She was probably sleeping. Since no blood was found in the truck, many are speculating Gannon did arrive home with LS on Monday and the assault took place immediately after returning home.

Maybe he sat on the board (or laid down on it in the back seat).
Many are speculating that the board was used to put under the suitcase in her Tiguan. The reason why no blood was found on the interior. LS worked very hard to hid her Tiguan from LE the days Gannon's body was believed to be in it and she obviously threw the board out when she hid his body.

She was probably sleeping. Since no blood was found in the truck, many are speculating Gannon did arrive home with LS on Monday and the assault took place immediately after returning home.

I think there were multiple violent assaults, including one on Sunday.

If there wasn't a bloody attack on Sunday, then there's no reason for his bed to have been pulled away from the wall on Monday morning, when according to AS, his bed was usually pushed up against the wall.

She had that bed pulled out from the wall on Monday morning because there was already blood behind the head of his bed that she needed to clean.

JMO.

Last edited:
What the holy heck is this woman's obsession with a military man?? I love a man in uniform as much as anyone, but I'm aware of the commitment & time that being in the military involves. Being a military spouse involves support & sacrifice. If her goal was to be the center of attention, having someone around all the time to "help" and dote on her, and lots of personal time together.....what was she thinking?!?!? And she already had a military man, why look for another if she was dissatisfied? :mad::(

I know right? Maybe she liked having her man travel away quite often...keeps the relationship hot and heavy on the returns?

She was able to seduce AS and lure him away and get him to marry her. After that I bet the marriage went south pretty rapidly as reality set in. It'll be interesting to hear from witnesses' accounts as to their marriage over those 5 years.

I'm still freaked out over the fact that she was in the teaching system in CO. Her vocab and speech is over-the-top grotesque. That can't be a turn on for a man, or at least not a man that is willing to marry her.

One EPSO deputy has died of Covid already. We all saw the defense attorney coughing at the initial hearing. She had the virus.
I dont't see it in this article but deputy that died was reported peviously to be the one that booked LS in.
El Paso County jail details COVID-19 plans after deputy death

I think there were multiple violent assaults, including one on Sunday.

If there wasn't a bloody attack on Sunday, then there's no reason for his bed to have been pulled away from the wall on Monday morning, when according to AS, his bed was usually pushed up against the wall.

She had that bed pulled out from the wall on Monday morning because there was already blood behind his headboard that she needed to clean.

JMO.
I am really undecided about this. No blood was found in the truck and for enough blood to soak through the carpet and mattress (I believed I read it soaked through the mattress), then I find it hard to imagine Gannon walking out to the truck. I am sure the autopsy will be very telling if the injury would have killed him quickly vs taking him much longer to die. Plus the blood on the garage floor where the hatch of the Tiguan would have been when backed in is also very telling. I can't imagine her leaving his body in the truck parked out in front of the home instead of backing the truck all the way into the garage. She backed the truck into the driveway, so why would she not back it all the way into the garage if his body was in the truck?

One EPSO deputy has died of Covid already. We all saw the defense attorney coughing at the initial hearing. She had the virus.
I dont't see it in this article but deputy that died was reported peviously to be the one that booked LS in.
El Paso County jail details COVID-19 plans after deputy death

BBM

Do we know for sure the defense attorney had COVID-19? I've not seen anything about that. Plenty of people have coughs, swallow wrong, catch other viruses, or have "tickles" from spring allergies. Link?

Has anyone else wondered if LS used the switch to strike the killing blow to Gannon? I have been wondering if she did and if Gannon got on his switch after he grounded from it and LS blew her top over it, picking it up to strike him with it.

I know right? Maybe she liked having her man travel away quite often...keeps the relationship hot and heavy on the returns?

She was able to seduce AS and lure him away and get him to marry her. After that I bet the marriage went south pretty rapidly as reality set in. It'll be interesting to hear from witnesses' accounts as to their marriage over those 5 years.

I'm still freaked out over the fact that she was in the teaching system in CO. Her vocab and speech is over-the-top grotesque. That can't be a turn on for a man, or at least not a man that is willing to marry her.

I saw a contention somewhere (opinion obviously) that there's a certain type of women who "goes for" the military men because they want someone who is away all the time to (a), facilitate extramarital affairs; (b), do whatever they like with less prying eyes over them.

Maybe T didn't understand what it would be like after/once Gannon and Laina became a 24/7 part of the household. Maybe she was counting upon their custodial absences.

Also, "my husband cleans up for the military but not for me", may indicate that the more-regimented look is part of what she looks for in a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill