Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Review hearing for Letecia Stauch scheduled for today

Review hearing for Letecia Stauch scheduled for today

By: Brenda Argueta
COLORADO SPRINGS — A review hearing for Letecia Stauch, who is accused of murdering her stepson, is set for Tuesday afternoon regarding her mental competency evaluation that was ordered in early June.

This court date was scheduled to see if the evaluation has been completed. Depending on whether or not it was completed, Stauch could appear before the court at 1:30 p.m.

When the evaluation was ordered in June, prosecutors asked the judge to have the competency test be Tier 1 because of how much attention this case has with the judge agreeing with that statement. That meant it had to have been completed in 21 days, but it was not discussed why she has not been evaluated yet.

Under Colorado law, if a subject is found to be competent to stand trial, the case can proceed. If a subject is found not to be competent, they could be ordered to continue care under doctor's guidance, then return to court in 90 days for another hearing to determine competency. The process can be repeated indefinitely.

No one seems to be tweeting or having live coverage from outside the courthouse. Because it's regarding mental heath/medical maybe it's a privacy thing & not allowed to be covered by media?

Colorado Springs Gazette reporter appears to be there.

#LeteciaStauch hearing about to get underway in Colorado Springs. #GannonStauch's father, Al Stauch, is said to be en route to courtroom, and numerous people are watching/listening virtually, including Landen Hiott, #GannonStauch's mother.

https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/1303415536462655488?s=21

Now an El Paso County attorney is asking judge to clarify limits of his gag order on case, as it applies to
@EPCSheriff
. This relates to an information request by The Gazette -- me, actually -- and another outlet.
@csgazette
#GannonStauch

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·
5m

State hospital found #LeteciaStauch competent to proceed, leading to defense's request for second evaluation, Judge Werner says on record. Next hearing on competency is 9 a.m. Nov. 12. #GannonStauch
@csgazette

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·
7m

Defense will request a second competency evaluation, one of #LeteciaStauch's attorneys says. This is defense's right under the law. It will lead to further delays in case.

LS continues to make jailhouse phone calls! I guess it's no surprise as we all know how much she likes to flap those duck lips and hear herself talk. I'm mixed on it as I believe she's trying to control the narrative and shape what everyone thinks of her, yet I don't want her to have ANY platform to spew the lies that she continues to produce and drag Gannon's family through! However it does give us insight into how she thinks and what she's going to try use as a defense. How do you all feel about LS's affinity for liarrhea phone chats?

MOO JMO

this tho' she gets to break all the rules and they get to say nothing!

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·
2m

The upshot is, I asked
@EPCSheriff
for information concerning #LeteciaStauch's claims she was abused in jail. I wanted to know if she filed official complaints. Defense wants judge to bar
@EPCSheriff
from releasing info to me, saying it could prevent LS from getting fair trial.

Waving the 30 days for next hearing (I assume for 2nd competency)

Setting it to 63 days.

Nov 12th it seems for next hearing.

Basically just arguing now if it can be recorded - judge wants it recorded, will not decide now if they get to see it. (competency tests)

Autopsy reports have finally been completed/received from Florida

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members