Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now an El Paso County attorney is asking judge to clarify limits of his gag order on case, as it applies to
@EPCSheriff
. This relates to an information request by The Gazette -- me, actually -- and another outlet.
@csgazette
#GannonStauch

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·
5m

State hospital found #LeteciaStauch competent to proceed, leading to defense's request for second evaluation, Judge Werner says on record. Next hearing on competency is 9 a.m. Nov. 12. #GannonStauch
@csgazette

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·
7m

Defense will request a second competency evaluation, one of #LeteciaStauch's attorneys says. This is defense's right under the law. It will lead to further delays in case.

LS, crazy like a fox.

Released jailhouse letter to the Judge, post-evaluation, but prior to the hearing.

Defense wants 2nd evaluation.

Just because LS is presenting as a problem for her defense doesn't make her a problem for the state.

Just sayin....

MOO

LS, crazy like a fox.

Released jailhouse letter to the Judge, post-evaluation, but prior to the hearing.

Just because LS is presenting as a problem for her defense doesn't make her a problem for the state.

Just sayin....

MOO

So true, but imagine to poor attorneys having to have conversations with her. They have to be thinking she's crazy as all get out. Moo

Nope. The Governor vetoed that bill.

The DA/Coroner can fight the autopsy release, but the recent case law I have seen indicates that they will lose and are likely to be held responsible for the media’s attorney fees if they fight it. autopsy reports Archives | Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition

This is a very sensitive issue, and I was very disappointed in the Gov when he vetoed this bill. Prohibiting the release of autopsies of minors actually had the support of both sides of the aisle. It's the right thing to do.

The public can learn the details of what we need to know during the trial, and there is no need to make every graphic detail available to inquiring minds for decades to come. What this means is that for the rest of their lives, GS family and friends will never know if this is the day the gory details of their 11-year-old son's autopsy will show up in MSM, social media, or even on their windshield!

And Colorado media has one of the most powerful lobbyist groups I've ever encountered. (3 Journalist Associations - CFOIC).

MOO

ETA: I think lots of good Journalism has come from open records, this isn't one of them.

Last edited:
I never feel pity for defense authorities and I invariably end up detesting each and every one of them. Permanently.
I can see that ... why ask for another evaluation? But then again she may use that against them in future ... doesn’t mean I like it..., only prolongs things . This family has been in enough turmoil.. my bad she don’t care bout that neither does the defense..

So true, but imagine to poor attorneys having to have conversations with her. They have to be thinking she's crazy as all get out. Moo

There's no doubt!

I'll have to find the best tweet I read today describing LS -- it said something to the effect that she really doesn't look like she's present-- until she starts acting -- and it becomes crystal clear that she knows the difference between right and wrong. I thought it was perfect.

More important, by the law, LS is competent. MOO

Spencer Wilson@Spencer_WNews

A #LeteciaStauch update in court for the murder of #GannonStauch. . State Hosptial DID find her competent to stand trial. . Defense is asking for a SECOND evaluation, due in 63 days. . DA’s office expected this. No argument.
12:59 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

A few extra things: Defense is claiming the first competency evaluation should not have been recorded, does not want the second one recorded. Judge says he will look into it. Both prosecution and defense have copies, but were ordered not to watch until a ruling.
1:26 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

“Everything now is taking longer than it was 5-6 months ago.”- Judge Werner talking about obstacles moving forward.
@4thJudicialDA
tells me even with these set backs, they’re not surprised it’s taking this long to make progress.
1:27 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

There's no doubt!

I'll have to find the best tweet I read today describing LS -- it said something to the effect that she really doesn't look like she's present-- until she starts acting -- and it becomes crystal clear that she knows the difference between right and wrong. I thought it was perfect.

More important, by the law, LS is competent. MOO
unfortunately also competent to give as many interviews as she chooses, with impunity.

This is a very sensitive issue, and I was very disappointed in the Gov when he vetoed this bill. Prohibiting the release of autopsies of minors actually had the support of both sides of the aisle. It's the right thing to do.

The public can learn the details of what we need to know during the trial, and there is no need to make every graphic detail available to inquiring minds for decades to come. What this means is that for the rest of their lives, GS family and friends will never know if this is the day the gory details of their 11-year-old son's autopsy will show up in MSM, social media, or even on their windshield!

And Colorado media has one of the most powerful lobbyist groups I've ever encountered. (3 Journalist Associations - CFOIC).

MOO

ETA: I think lots of good Journalism has come from open records, this isn't one of them.
There are definitely difficult ethical questions involved but when in doubt, I personally would err on the side of transparency. For example, right now we are in a pandemic. Imagine a leader telling coroners to write down COD as pneumonia/ respiratory failure and not to test for covid unless the family demands it in order to downplay the problem. It’s not so far-fetched. I’m NOT an expert though. Just my two cents. Prison outbreaks, school outbreaks, nursing home outbreaks could disappear. There is a lot of skepticism around COVID data in certain countries (and sometimes even certain states).

Only once the judge determines that the defendant is mentally competent can prosecutors resume with normal pre-trial matters.

If Werner finds Letecia Stauch incompetent, her first-degree murder charges would remain in abeyance while state psychiatrists provide care meant to restore her mental fitness. Stauch could be held indefinitely for treatment, up to the rest of her life, under the murder charges.

In other discussions, lead prosecutor Michael Allen — on course to be the region’s next district attorney — told the court that an autopsy report has been completed for Gannon Stauch, and given to both the prosecution and the defense. He didn’t describe the report’s findings.

Legal limbo continues for woman accused in slaying of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch

As crazy as it sounds ...wish I could be placed in her cell block .. i would do all I could to get a confession or get something out of her.. this has got to come to a close some how ... she will drag it out for years
There's a queue but nobody really wants to be in close proximity to that.. fallout could be horrible

Spencer Wilson KKTV 11 :

A few extra things:

Defense is claiming the first competency evaluation should not have been recorded, does not want the second one recorded.

Judge says he will look into it. Both prosecution and defense have copies, but were ordered not to watch until a ruling.

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1303429428287070208?s=21

When asked why they don’t want it recorded, Spencer replies :

A combination of what they say would be breaching her right to privacy and the potential to color the next evaluation.

DA’s office says it’s in an effort to stop her first evaluation from being viewed by her second evaluator.

Spencer Wilson KKTV

A combination of what they say would be breaching her right to privacy and the potential to color the next evaluation.

DA’s office says it’s in an effort to stop her first evaluation from being viewed by her second evaluator.

Protecting her privacy makes sense but I honestly thought it would’ve been because she said something incriminating-or the potential that they thought she could’ve-during the first one. JMO

Spencer Wilson KKTV 11 :

A few extra things:

Defense is claiming the first competency evaluation should not have been recorded, does not want the second one recorded.

Judge says he will look into it. Both prosecution and defense have copies, but were ordered not to watch until a ruling.

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1303429428287070208?s=21

Ok she murdered an 11 year old child her step son and she is given more rights ... dang where are Gannons rights H he was murdered and all her S is covered up under some kind of D rights...open her crap to the public ...she took his rights away .. where is the two way street here ?..,

LS, crazy like a fox.

Just sayin....

MOO
She is a complete problem for the state she won’t shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads