Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Protecting her privacy makes sense but I honestly thought it would’ve been because she said something incriminating-or the potential that they thought she could’ve-during the first one. JMO

Protecting the privacy of a cold blooded murderer of a child does not make sense, in any form or fashion. I can’t even say what I really think here.

Only once the judge determines that the defendant is mentally competent can prosecutors resume with normal pre-trial matters.

If Werner finds Letecia Stauch incompetent, her first-degree murder charges would remain in abeyance while state psychiatrists provide care meant to restore her mental fitness. Stauch could be held indefinitely for treatment, up to the rest of her life, under the murder charges.

In other discussions, lead prosecutor Michael Allen — on course to be the region’s next district attorney — told the court that an autopsy report has been completed for Gannon Stauch, and given to both the prosecution and the defense. He didn’t describe the report’s findings.

Legal limbo continues for woman accused in slaying of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch
I have to say the voting of Michael Allen in from what I have seen was a great choice for that region. He will be LS greatest nightmare once the other BS is out of the way.

“Autopsy reports are not criminal justice records. An autopsy report on a homicide victim may be withheld from public inspection by its custodian only under the procedure in the Open Records Act for denying access based on "substantial injury to the public interest."

I don’t think we’re gonna see it until after the trial JMO. The DA Allen has made it clear he doesn’t want this case and the investigation to play out in the public. This report could jeopardize things. I’m guessing it’ll be gone over during pretrial though.

BBM

@gitana1 can you weigh in with your expert opinion on this? It seems that CO law permits the autopsy to be released prior to the trial, but don't you think both sides will object & those objections have a good chance of being granted? I would think it could bring up issues in the future for an impartial jury pool.

#justiceforGannon

MOO JMO

defense don't want second assessment recorded, I wonder why!!
The first competency evaluation was recorded, but the defense argued it shouldn’t have been, and they don’t want the second one recorded. Both sides have a copy of the first recording, but have been ordered not to watch it until the judge decides it’s okay.
9:46 PM · Sep 8, 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO·Twitter for iPhone

Julia Donovan KRDO

@JuliaDonovanTV

·
1h

Replying to
@JuliaDonovanTV
Both sides were told to submit briefings on why they should/shouldn’t be allowed to watch the recording, then the judge will decide.

As I remember from the first hearing where the defense filed for the evaluation of competency, the prosecution made a BIG deal about everything being recorded from start to finish. I don't blame them, I'd want to be able to witness her every word & movement so there's no question of fairness, conduct, etc. and so that it can be used in court if needed to show a pattern. I would think they'll be allowed to do the same for this eval, why not? It's interesting, yet not surprising that the defense objects to recording!

As an aside, this just gives her more time in jail to make phone calls & run her mouth before the next hearing! Lord, help us all!

MOO JMO

So true, but imagine to poor attorneys having to have conversations with her. They have to be thinking she's crazy as all get out. Moo

I bet they can't get a word in edgewise! She probably filibusters each & every meeting she has with them talking about Edgar EGGuardo, the flag, peanut butter, her "EDD" and the like! I bet they re-evaluate their career choice on the daily!

MOO JMO

She is a complete problem for the state she won’t shut up

Interesting, but I view it differently....I think it's more of a headache for her defense. The more she talks, the deeper the hole she digs for herself and the more evidence she provides to use against her. As annoying & disgusting as she is, I feel the State is like go ahead keep talking & her defense is trying to get her to shut up....but we all know that's impossible for her!

MOO JMO

I saw that LS's mom & HH were (virtually) at the hearing today. I'd assume that means they're supporting her & believe in her innocence. I guess I'm not surprised to see that her mother does as she's enabled LS & played into her lies her whole life, but HH? It makes me sad & angry...I'm assuming her support of her mother means she's still not cooperating with LE as was previously mentioned in the AA! :mad:

I was really hoping she had a conscience, was different from her mother, and wanted to rise above all of this. I'm not saying that I believe she was knowingly involved (I do have an opinion about that,) but she has important information about LS's actions before and in the hours/days after Gannon's murder. He was her step brother, an innocent child who she has come to find out, was murdered. I hoped she would do the right thing, cooperate, and tell anything & everything she knows/observed. At this point, it doesn't look like that's going to happen without a subpoena. :(:(

MOO JMO

ETA: I'm not accusing anyone besides LS of this crime, only saying that I'd hope HH would cooperate in the investigation. I don't think this violates TOS, but if it does please remove my post.

Last edited:
LS, crazy like a fox.

Released jailhouse letter to the Judge, post-evaluation, but prior to the hearing.

Defense wants 2nd evaluation.

Just because LS is presenting as a problem for her defense doesn't make her a problem for the state.

Just sayin.... MOO
You got that right!

TS can go sell her crazy somewhere else because I am not buying it!

So true, but imagine to poor attorneys having to have conversations with her. They have to be thinking she's crazy as all get out. Moo
I guess her attorneys were never in the presence of pure evil before. It's so unfathomable that we grab at the closest word we can find ... crazy. A client engaging in ex parte communication with the judge, giving interviews to journalists, and now calling youtube creators offering discussion of the case to those who care to read between the lines of her feigned scattered thoughts. She must be crazy ... NO, she is evil and enjoys any and all of the confusion, pain and difficulty she creates.

She is a complete problem for the state she won’t shut up
I am absolutely sickened that a youtuber provides a stage and mic to her. I predicted that she will tear LH & AS's soul to shreds. At least during the trial, the DA and judge can muzzle her. These youtubers seem more concerned about views and subscribers than human decency.

She already spewed enough pieces to put together the Edgar/Eguardo involvement, which I will delve into on another day. If the defense has the autopsy report, then there is nothing to stop her from reading the most gut-wrenching parts ... then walk back to her cell with a grin of satisfaction.

Can anything be done about this?

I have to say the voting of Michael Allen in from what I have seen was a great choice for that region. He will be LS greatest nightmare once the other BS is out of the way.
Isn't that the truth!
TS will push every limit and any button for a way out. Creating chaos and confusion seems to be one of her strategies. So I am glad this is Michael Allen's case and I trust that he will protect it every step of the way.

Spencer Wilson KKTV 11 :

A few extra things:

Defense is claiming the first competency evaluation should not have been recorded, does not want the second one recorded.

Judge says he will look into it. Both prosecution and defense have copies, but were ordered not to watch until a ruling.

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1303429428287070208?s=21

When asked why they don’t want it recorded, Spencer replies :

A combination of what they say would be breaching her right to privacy and the potential to color the next evaluation.

DA’s office says it’s in an effort to stop her first evaluation from being viewed by her second evaluator.

So basically, it's a shell game. UGH.

I guess her attorneys were never in the presence of pure evil before. It's so unfathomable that we grab at the closest word we can find ... crazy. A client engaging in ex parte communication with the judge, giving interviews to journalists, and now calling youtube creators offering discussion of the case to those who care to read between the lines of her feigned scattered thoughts. She must be crazy ... NO, she is evil and enjoys any and all of the confusion, pain and difficulty she creates.
So true. Evil. But you just gotta figure that every time the attorneys meet with her they come away with their minds scrambled from trying to keep up with all her bs. And their souls sick from being in contact with the evil child killer.
They probably sent her for another eval just I have a break from her bs. I can not imagine doing their job. Just shoot me. Moo

Interesting, but I view it differently....I think it's more of a headache for her defense. The more she talks, the deeper the hole she digs for herself and the more evidence she provides to use against her. As annoying & disgusting as she is, I feel the State is like go ahead keep talking & her defense is trying to get her to shut up....but we all know that's impossible for her!

MOO JMO
That’s true you are right ... she is like one of those flies that keeps buzzing around that you just can’t seem to hit with your flip flop.

I am absolutely sickened that a youtuber provides a stage and mic to her. I predicted that she will tear LH & AS's soul to shreds. At least during the trial, the DA and judge can muzzle her. These youtubers seem more concerned about views and subscribers than human decency.

She already spewed enough pieces to put together the Edgar/Eguardo involvement, which I will delve into on another day. If the defense has the autopsy report, then there is nothing to stop her from reading the most gut-wrenching parts ... then walk back to her cell with a grin of satisfaction.

Can anything be done about this?

I will admit to being entertained by her calls and stories. But at the same time, I wish people would stop giving her a platform instead of trying to get their own 15 minutes.

That’s true you are right ... she is like one of those flies that keeps buzzing around that you just can’t seem to hit with your flip flop.
Great analogy, lol! I compared her to a mosquito earlier.

Her defense needs to ask for a second evaluation since the law provides for it but I'm not getting a solid feel for what strategy they have in mind.

If the second evaluation finds her incompetent and the judge orders her into treatment then the only advantage that I can see is that it buys her defense time. I suppose it also allows for LS to fade away in the public's eye and maybe dull the memories of witnesses. In the end though IMO she'll sit in jail for a very long time, even if she cuts a plea deal. MOO.

At least AS and LH can choose to follow or not follow LS' " liarrhea" trail (thanks, @MtnMama!) and pathetic, futile attempts to make herself important. LS on the other hand has no choice but to wake up each morning staring at iron bars.

I feel for her attorneys. This is a no win for them at all.

After following many trials where it is abundantly clear that the accused is definitely guilty but the perp refuses to plead not guilty I have learned quite a bit about Defense attorneys.

I hate to generalize but, they typically will take the case to ensure that the law is followed - not necessarily to present an alternate theory or to get the client off. Yes, some do but others do not; especially when there is an abundance of evidence that is unrefutible.

In Tee's case, she keeps coming up with these ridiculous stories, names, situations etc. I can just hear the conversations. Her lawyers are probably trying to tell her that she's cooked and all they can do is ensure that her rights are not violated (not that I care) and that she gets a fair trial. On the other hand, Tee is telling them to present her version of events as she spews it forth and to get her off. Nothing else is going to suffice for her.

Tee is knowingly lying to her lawyers and handicapping them. They have no hope in hell of helping her because she's not going to let them.

This trial is going to be a freak show and Tee will be in the driver's seat when it comes to her defense. This is not going to be an easy trial to watch or take in.

I cannot stand this woman. I have so much hate for her. I just want her to go away and Shut Up. I never want to see, or hear here, ever again. But we will, because she will fire lawyers, hire lawyers, defend herself, appeal, call you-tubers, reporters etc. Time to shut this @$^! down!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member