Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leticia is in some ways similar to Terri Horman although we will undoubtedly never know the truth from either. I believe TS was for whatever reason mad at her husband and/or his ex wife the same as Terri. I also believe both were premeditated. Some people value punishing people via harming their children and/or exes. Sometimes to the point that the risk is worth it in their minds for questionable reasons. IMO

...I believe TS was for whatever reason mad at her husband and/or his ex wife the same as Terri. I also believe both were premeditated. Some people value punishing people via harming their children and/or exes. Sometimes to the point that the risk is worth it in their minds for questionable reasons. IMO

I'm not sold on this being completely premeditated - meaning I don't think leading up to that weekend, that TS had a plan to kill him. I think she was definitely resentful of L and angry at being in what she considered a position of babysitter with AS gone so often. I'm guessing she knew or suspected AS of cheating as well and the resentment grew. She may have taken pleasure in hurting Gannon (as an unconscious or conscious way of getting back at both of his bio parents) and lashed out if he did acted up at all. Then, once he was injured badly, she decided she had to be sure she wouldn't be found out and blamed. Her actions afterwards were the premeditation. My guess is that she worried Gannon would tell his dad what she'd done to him and she figured she had to silence him. All so horrible no matter which way we look at it. Wish she'd confess so we could understand but it never brings him back. Just so horrifying.

I think Leticia is in some ways similar to Terri Horman although we will undoubtedly never know the truth from either. I believe TS was for whatever reason mad at her husband and/or his ex wife the same as Terri. I also believe both were premeditated. Some people value punishing people via harming their children and/or exes. Sometimes to the point that the risk is worth it in their minds for questionable reasons. IMO

We will NEVER know the truth from Leticia as she is pathological and NEVER tells the truth about ANYTHING. She's probably lied her entire life, gaslighted etc. etc. etc.

We may learn the truth when she finally goes to trial through the work of LE. That is my hope.

MOO

I'm not sold on this being completely premeditated - meaning I don't think leading up to that weekend, that TS had a plan to kill him. I think she was definitely resentful of L and angry at being in what she considered a position of babysitter with AS gone so often. I'm guessing she knew or suspected AS of cheating as well and the resentment grew. She may have taken pleasure in hurting Gannon (as an unconscious or conscious way of getting back at both of his bio parents) and lashed out if he did acted up at all. Then, once he was injured badly, she decided she had to be sure she wouldn't be found out and blamed. Her actions afterwards were the premeditation. My guess is that she worried Gannon would tell his dad what she'd done to him and she figured she had to silence him. All so horrible no matter which way we look at it. Wish she'd confess so we could understand but it never brings him back. Just so horrifying.
I dont think she Premediated to kill him that day, however, I do think she thought about it due to her anger issues and I think an incident happened, and she lashed out in that anger she had.
Regardless, a young, innocent, sweet boy died at her hands.

I can finally shorten this one up a bit.

Tuesday, January 19th:
*Status Conference Hearing (re Competency report) (murder & escape charges) (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL.) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 37) aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin & Letecia Lynn Hunt arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond.
Charged
(re-filed 3/20/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond.
New Charges (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond.
Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 10/30/20 reference post #520 here:
Found Deceased - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

11/6/20 Update: [D21] Order denying use of video or audio recording during competency evaluation. The Court read the motions & applied the law & there will be no recording of LS competency evaluation, and the prosecution may NOT watch the first recorded evaluation. Judge has reset the review hearing on competency report to 12/18/20 as a status hearing. 11/5/20: [D-22] Order: Motion to extend deadline for 2nd competency evaluation & to continue the review hearing on 11/12/20 due to COVID outbreak at the El Paso County jail-granted by Judge Gregory Werner.
12/4/20: [D-23] Additional Motion to extend deadline for 2nd competency evaluation & to continue the Review hearing due to COVID outbreak at the El Paso County Jail. The defense requested that a review hearing be re-scheduled to January of 2021 to allow Dr. Grimmett adequate time to complete her evaluation, review her finds, write & submit her report. Divorce: Status conferencing hearing on 3/29/21 and Permanent Orders hearing on 4/30/21 @ 8:45am.
12/18/20 Update: On Friday the second evaluation was scheduled to start on Tuesday, 12/22/20 with expected completion by 1/2/21. Another hearing slated for 1/19/21. The second evaluation will be done by Dr. Jackie Grimmett of Colorado Springs. State psychiatrists found her competent in the first evaluation.
12/21/20: [D-24]: Motion to authorize 5 additional hours for the 2nd competency evaluation filed by Megan Ring. (Counsel requests that Dr. Jackie Grimmett to use 5 additional hours, for a total of 35 hours, rather than the standard 10 hours to complete 2nd competency evaluation. A defense motion back on 10/1/20 asked for 30 hours which was approved by the Judge. This is just an additional 5 hours to make it 35 hours.

Letecia Stauch, 37, is set to appear at 9 a.m. before 4th Judicial District Judge Gregory Werner. The judge is expected to reveal the results of her second competency evaluation, performed by a defense expert after state psychiatrists found in an earlier evaluation that she was mentally fit to be prosecuted.

f the latest evaluation reaches the same conclusion, Werner could declare Stauch competent, putting her case back on track after a six-month pause over mental health concerns.

If not, the judge could schedule a competency hearing, at which attorneys will put on witnesses and present any additional evidence while debating her mental fitness. Court records show that Dr. Jackie Grimmett, a psychiatrist retain by the defense, submitted her report to the court Jan. 2.
Gannon Stauch case: Stepmom in court regarding competency | 9news.com

****tick tock tick tock, said the clock...
The Gazette

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads