Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Stauch decided to represent herself in this case, she said she was "so confident" in two pieces of evidence "that no science can discredit, and it will clear my name." The judge warned her if she changed her mind close to trial they could find it's a delay tactic and she could be stuck with her decision, which she said she understood.

https://www.koaa.com/news/gannon-st...months-as-evidence-is-provided-to-her-in-jail

nothing new.
I was about to say that DP cases, though I don't like them, might serve as an incentive for the defendant to behave better, but that is not actually true.
May20.
This could drag on for years.

IMO her overblown ego has her feeling so certain her “ace in the hole” evidence will clear her that she won’t bother to put much of a case together. Her daughter will probably testilie to whatever Leticia wants her to say. What does everyone think the other evidence is? Does she have an “Edgardo” lined up to take the fall for her?

She faces a first-degree murder charge for the death of her 11-year-old stepson Gannon Stauch and had additional hearings set for next week which have been pushed back to May 20.

The ruling came after Stauch complained to the judge that she was granted access to the law library at the jail only a few hours a week which is where she would need to go to access those documents electronically.

Investigators believe Gannon was killed in the afternoon on Jan. 27, 2020 and that Letecia Stauch moved his body through the house, into the garage, and loaded it into the back of her Volkswagen Tiguan.

She also had her 17-year-old daughter buy carpet cleaner, trash bags, baking soda and vinegar, according to the documents. Investigators theorized in the records that Letecia Stauch then cleaned up the evidence of the killing before calling 911 at 6:55 p.m. that evening to report that Gannon hadn’t returned home after heading out to play with friends.

Deputies responded to her call that he was missing about 3½ hours after she made it, and they took a report from Letecia and conducted what the documents describe as “a limited search of the residence.” At the time the officers were there, Letecia Stauch’s Tiguan was backed into the garage, according to the records.

Those documents indicate that Gannon’s body was in the car at the time – asserting that it wasn’t until the next evening that investigators believe Stauch dumped his body in the area of Colorado 105 and Perry Park Road. Blood found in the boy’s bedroom, in the garage, and on a piece of particle board found in the area of Highway 105 and Perry Park Road all matched the boy’s DNA, according to the affidavit.
Gannon Stauch case: More delays for Letecia Stauch | 9news.com
If only they had looked in her vehicle that first night.
Regardless, they did find little Gannon and she is sitting in jail either way.
but still.......

IMO her overblown ego has her feeling so certain her “ace in the hole” evidence will clear her that she won’t bother to put much of a case together. Her daughter will probably testilie to whatever Leticia wants her to say. What does everyone think the other evidence is? Does she have an “Edgardo” lined up to take the fall for her?

I think LS believes that her daughter H is her ace in the hole.
Reportedly, H refused to speak to investigators, as is her right, after GS went missing and her mother ultimately arrested and charged with his murder.

Things have a way of backfiring on LS. I don't believe that H talked to LS's defense team either. Why? I don't think LS would allow this because she's been depending on this ace for some time. I think her plan has been to pull H out of her hat just when she's about to go down!

Fortunately, H is a smart kid that deserved better in life. She's not going to perjure herself for momma. She's not going to cite LS version of events with her imaginary friends! I think she'd be best served by cutting ties with LS until after the trial is over. LS is going away for the remainder of her life, and there will be plenty of time to reconnect and be buddies again.

MOO

I think LS believes that her daughter H is her ace in the hole.
Reportedly, H refused to speak to investigators, as is her right, after GS went missing and her mother ultimately arrested and charged with his murder.

Things have a way of backfiring on LS. I don't believe that H talked to LS's defense team either. Why? I don't think LS would allow this because she's been depending on this ace for some time. I think her plan has been to pull H out of her hat just when she's about to go down!

Fortunately, H is a smart kid that deserved better in life. She's not going to perjure herself for momma. She's not going to cite LS version of events with her imaginary friends! I think she'd be best served by cutting ties with LS until after the trial is over. LS is going away for the remainder of her life, and there will be plenty of time to reconnect and be buddies again.

MOO
True. However, lest we forget the familiar intense emotional manipulative hold T has on her daughter. It’s a bit dangerous to underestimate the power of an evilness that will not die. Yet...

Last edited:
I agree that HH is likely to emerge as a witness for LS. Other than what’s in the arrest affidavit, we really don’t know much, right? One thing we do know: LS is her mother. HH was raised by LS. LS raised HH. That’s all I have...

True. However, lest we forget the familiar intense emotional manipulative hold T has on her daughter. It’s a bit dangerous to underestimate the power of an evilness that will not die. Yet...

I agree that HH is likely to emerge as a witness for LS. Other than what’s in the arrest affidavit, we really don’t know much, right? One thing we do know: LS is her mother. HH was raised by LS. LS raised HH. That’s all I have...
Raised and manipulated by LS her entire life-- I call that a victim. I hope she's receiving help and embraced with support as she learns her entire life was a brainwash. Hard to fathom that. MOO

Raised and manipulated by LS her entire life-- I call that a victim. I hope she's receiving help and embraced with support as she learns her entire life was a brainwash. Hard to fathom that. MOO

I was thinking about HH, and where she might be at this point. IMO, if she is with her (LS )family, they also may have been knowingly or unknowingly victims of LS and her manipulative and psychotic ways. Hopefully, HH has a friend or acquaintance that will be able to direct her in the right manner

I was thinking about HH, and where she might be at this point. IMO, if she is with her (LS )family, they also may have been knowingly or unknowingly victims of LS and her manipulative and psychotic ways. Hopefully, HH has a friend or acquaintance that will be able to direct her in the right manner

In a perfect world, H would have had at least one parent to lean on. This child has nothing. Her birth father is deceased, and then there's AS.... We can rejoice that GS little sister has her mom, dad, and their extended families.

Also, I was recalling LS attempting to purchase a fake polygraph test in her favor. I'm wondering if she's utilized other fake sources with her family. I have no knowledge if LS has supporters-- family or otherwise, and I'm just curious if this was part of her means. Buying a fake witness is probably not beyond her. :eek:

In a perfect world, H would have had at least one parent to lean on. This child has nothing. Her birth father is deceased, and then there's AS.... We can rejoice that GS little sister has her mom, dad, and their extended families.

Also, I was recalling LS attempting to purchase a fake polygraph test in her favor. I'm wondering if she's utilized other fake sources with her family. I have no knowledge if LS has supporters-- family or otherwise, and I'm just curious if this was part of her means. Buying a fake witness is probably not beyond her. :eek:

Indeed. She needed to find a plan B to do with her 75k escape fund since plan A was total bust;):rolleyes:

I doubt it. LS didn't turn out the way she is by cosmic accident. If HH has continued to be non-cooperative with LE over the year, and is guided by LS's family, God help her.

Ugh I cannot get that fake polygraph story out of my mind.. the lengths this woman has gone to.. and it will just keep going, she will see to that.

I agree that HH is a victim, her support and guardian, her main teacher in life is more twisted and diabolical than 99.9% of the population and it would be an absolute miracle if she turned out drastically different than her mother at this point. I hope she is given some very intensive therapy and is able to find the support she needs to grow out of anything negative she’s been engrained with. Here’s to hoping she can see through the toxic fog sooner than later to help bring justice for Gannon, but I fear it may be awhile, if she ever is able to break away from her monsters grip and mindset. Moo

This fool, LS, is making a mockery of the court. Can anyone picture her questioning a witness? And the prosecutor will be objecting over and over. I hope she loses her cool on the first day. If not the first day, it will happen.

I have 2 questions since she is now both the attorney AND the defendant....

1) Would all of her jail phone calls be considered attorney client privilege? Example: LS calls HH and tells her what she expects of her as a witness, how to answer questions and whatnot... previously when LS was only the defendant, a call to her family would have been fair game for the prosecution, but now that she is the attorney, can she claim all of her phone calls fall under privileged communication?

2) I don't fully understand how discovery works, so for example, if the murder weapon has been located, would she have physical access to that item or just pictures and things of that nature? I cannot imagine that would be allowed, but what if a portion of her defense is to claim something is wrong with the supposed weapon? Would she have access to it to have it tested or anything like that? Obviously a backup cannot be made of a piece of evidence like that, so if she is allowed to physically handle it, what's to stop her from destroying it?

Side note: I have this picture in my head of her putting on her defense as 2 separate people, attorney AND defendant and it is amusing me cuz I see her sitting in the witness stand one second and answering a question, hopping off the stand, asking the empty chair a question, hopping back into the witness chair and answering the question, LRR, LRR, LRR... Your Honor, I object to the question I just asked myself. Your Honor, may I treat myself as a hostile witness? Nothing is funny about this case, but picturing this makes me laugh.

Jmo
Commenting on your side note: I totally had the same picture in my head. Played it quit comically there! Nothing funny at all about sweet Gannon’s life ending at her hands (allegedly, cough,cough) but she’s the joke here.
I’ve been here since the beginning and cannot wait for justice. I don’t know why, but this is hitting me harder now. Maybe that the trial is coming closer? I can’t even imagine how hard it is on Al, Landon and the rest of Gannon’s loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly