Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on fb has suggested the possibility that she could have stabbed him with the box cutter,remember how she said he cut his foot in the garage?
I wonder she went in the garage to get that piece of wood they found with his blood on it and had some blood from him on her when she went in there and it got on the floor of the garage on something else in there.
She also mentioned that AS liked to do woodwork stuff in there iirc. I think she was implying any blood could be from anytime.

I'm curious if she dumped the suitcase with HH in the truck or if she left her at the hotel and ran an errand or went to grab food or some other excuse. Since it's only 3 miles from the hotel and not necessarily along the route they would be driving, it is possible she did that drop without HH in the truck. I am not saying HH didn't suspect something, but even grown adults keep quiet and don't want to believe someone they love is capable or is doing something so heinous.
I suspected that too. HH was left at the hotel, T gives a pretense of running out to the store or something, and returns with stuff; HH not aware it was nefarious.

That makes more since in the case that Harley may not have been aware. The uhaul truck thing though - maybe she loaded up some random furniture or something to sell in FL. IMO JMO
It was a cargo van that she and HH drove to Florida.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1436011920021069846?s=21

Letecia rents a cargo van on 02/01/20 (Saturday). She then buys a cell phone at Walmart in Trinidad. GPS data from that van and from the cell phone show that she then drove to Florida and then to South Carolina over the next few days. Her 17-year-old daughter Harley is with her.

It appears that Harley and Letecia stay at a hotel in Florida on 02/04/20 that is 3.3 miles away from where Gannon's body was later found.

She’s been hiding from the cameras from the beginning: backwards interview, hiding behind her lawyer in her initial court appearance, and now not even showing up today. It must’ve killed her to be on camera from the jail the few times she had no choice.

Colette Bordelon
@ColetteBordelon

·
28s
Now looking at a map from Feb. 1, showing budget rental van telematics. Allen says it shows Stauch traveling from Colorado, to Florida, and then on to South Carolina. According to Clark, Stauch's daughter Harley was with her on this trip.
@KOAA
I cannot get over how LS and HH were in this van all the way to Florida without smelling a deceased body. And how could HH NOT be involved? I feel so bad for Harley but she had to know the truth.

I suspected that too. HH was left at the hotel, T gives a pretense of running out to the store or something, and returns with stuff; HH not aware it was nefarious.

And then I also think even if she suspected it was something bad, she is a minor and (assuming she knew something) her mother just killed her step brother and is driving around with the body. She knew then (again just supposing she did know at this point) that her mother was crazy and she was alone with her in a uhaul and hotel room traveling across the country. What do you say and to who? I know I'd be terrified and I'm not sure at 16 or 17 I would run to the police to tell them at that point.

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1436047647136108547?s=21

We're back in the courtroom. I've attached a link to our @KKTV11News web story as well that will have the full rundown after today.

Both attorneys are here, about to get started! Was just warned again about keeping my keyboard "clicking" quiet

"All rise"

We're back for #LeteciaStauch's preliminary hearing for the murder of #GannonStauch

Next witness coming up.
Sgt. Rozario Hubbell with @EPCSheriff takes the stand. Been with the office for 14 years.

He works with major crimes, which, this counts as.

He monitors all the detectives, he's not out there himself, but he's collecting their data and sorting it. "Has an overview of the case as it unfolds."
They're going over the specifics of when major crimes became involved from a missing person's case to something more.

He says he's the one who sent more deputies out "to follow up."
Hubbell says this eventually evolved into a homicide case (we know.)

Says they had access to #LeteciaStauch's phone, and there were photos of #GannonStauch taken in his bed in his room.

Not sure where they are going with it but they are submitting the evidence.
Exhibit 29:

Photo in Gannon's room in the morning of the 27th. Sheets are off the bed. Morning light is peaking through
Exhibit 30: Gannon asleep in bed. The blanket he is in is one of the blankets we saw earlier from the suitcase. Gannon is in blue PJs. Bedding on the base seems to be the blue shark bedding we also saw, a little hard to tell. But the blanket is 100% the blue and red one.

"Based on this photo is Gannon alive in this photo at 8:15 this morning (27th of January 2020)?"

"Yes he looks alive"

"No major wounds that I can see."
Exhibit 31: Another shot of Gannon sleeping. this is closer, and we can see his head on his pillow.

"The pattern on the pillow is consistent with the photos from the suitcase. It's apparent we are looking at the same bedding (as from the suitcase)."

Omg

https://twitter.com/evanochsner/status/1435987414778925065?s=21
The body had a fractured skull, a gunshot wound to the jaw, two stab wounds on the chest and back and other sharp force wounds, Yoder said. That body was confirmed to be Gannon's by DNA evidence, Yoder said.
Oh my Aching heart :(

I have had an alarm set for this Prelim today but had a funeral to go to so I missed it so just catching up.

I knew I was probably NOT going to want to read details.

My heart is breaking all over again.

(and I just read Teesplain did not even have the courage to attend !!!
**She is such a blankety, blank, blanking Coward bi*C*# ) ****

#Justice4Gannon

Hubbell says this eventually evolved into a homicide case (we know.) Says they had access to #LeteciaStauch's phone, and there were photos of #GannonStauch taken in his bed in his room. Not sure where they are going with it but they are submitting the evidence.

Exhibit 29: Photo in Gannon's room in the morning of the 27th. Sheets are off the bed. Morning light is peaking through

xhibit 32: Another photo of Gannon in bed from the base, showing that red and blue blanket. Not sure why she was taking these photos but sure is making this easy to compare the photos from Florida and his bedding in Colorado. Which again, is grisly, but seemingly damning.

Exhibit 31: Another shot of Gannon sleeping. this is closer, and we can see his head on his pillow. "The pattern on the pillow is consistent with the photos from the suitcase. It's apparent we are looking at the same bedding (as from the suitcase)."

Exhibit 30: Gannon asleep in bed. The blanket he is in is one of the blankets we saw earlier from the suitcase. Gannon is in blue PJs. Bedding on the base seems to be the blue shark bedding we also saw, a little hard to tell. But the blanket is 100% the blue and red one.

"Based on this photo is Gannon alive in this photo at 8:15 this morning (27th of January 2020)?" "Yes he looks alive" "No major wounds that I can see."

Exhibit 31: Another shot of Gannon sleeping. this is closer, and we can see his head on his pillow. "The pattern on the pillow is consistent with the photos from the suitcase. It's apparent we are looking at the same bedding (as from the suitcase)."

So the bedding you got from Florida are consistent with the bedding in these photos." "Yes."

@4thJudicialDA
says "do you recall in the body camera footage the bedding was there?" "It was not." "So the bedding was changed?" "It appears so."

On Feb 3rd,
@EPCSheriff
went back, they had moved to a homicide investigation. Concerned there was foul play and were looking for blood evidence. They went to the house looking for Gannon's blood. Up until that time, they collected a pair of women's Nike shoes but that's all.
https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews/status/1436052340541313042?s=20

32m
This isn't from today, but I just wanted to include that Sgt. Yoder has helped maintain the memorial placed where Gannon's body was found. He's gone back to that scene and helped fix the cross and clean up. He told me (prior to today) that this case has had a big impact on him.
Sydnee Stelle
@SydneeStelle
... and in consideration of all this LEO's experience, this is a testament to how deeply this case affects him. Walking the case back from the time of discovering Gannon's body really helps bring some order to the chaos TS created of this case.

I wonder if counsel convinced her that she better off not attending if they didn't think she could maintain control.

Yes, I think this was the real concern. If the court wants an orderly proceeding, it might be better that she isn't there -- no limit to the range of scenes she might cause, even if she is then removed anyway. Nothing to lose at this point.

I expect she will want to "confront" her accusers (or, as she might argue, tormentors) during the trial proper. But she is a live round, and no mistake.

Poor Gannon, and his family. I have no doubt that he was growing to loathe her, and did what he could to appease and avoid here, but there's no way he could have expected a full-on murderous attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member