Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it (accidentally) started on the Suzanne Morphew thread where we started calling our "trial dinners" Homicide Lasagna. I think someone mentioned homemade lasagna and someone else read it wrong, and the rest as they say... is Felony Friday history. 6 weeks of Homicide Lasagna is a lot of lasagna, lol.
Either Frazee or morphew just ugh I know it wasn't watts because his guilty plea was a shocker that fast. I can't wait for this wackadoodle to get done and sentenced . Even with all we know this is going to be a gut wrenching 6 weeks to hear it all again and more . My heart breaks for Landen Al and Gannon's siblings having to relive this all over again . Jmvho

The jury trial process is expected to start on March 20 with an estimated 2 weeks of jury selection, an expected start of evidence presentation no later than April 3, and about six weeks for the presentation of the case.

Ive been here since the beginning and will be here until the very end...when T gets hauled away to her new forever home !!!

April 3rd alarm is set but I also see that I have it set for VALLOW/DAYBELL Case also to start that day !!!

YIKES-- I will be super busy trying to keep up with both trials.

Thanks everyone for the updates !!
I doubt the Vallow/Daybell case goes as scheduled. So much chaos and crazy train stuff surrounding that case.

It's tragic when her own shortcomings in a way and the whisperings of divorce projected her anger out on his child to the point it turned to seeing red rage and taking his life. It was like she was saying to AL " I'll show you!" and took someone he loved away.
She also HATED Gannon's mother, her husband's ex wife. And her rage towards her was also fuel for the beating and killing of poor sweet Gannon. :mad:

She also HATED Gannon's mother, her husband's ex wife. And her rage towards her was also fuel for the beating and killing of poor sweet Gannon. :mad:

Yes, I think she is prone to rage, but more than that, I don't think she has a conscience.

I think she feels justified in everything she does. I doubt she has any remorse over killing Gannon.

I have to wonder about LS's daughter and AS's daughter testifying. I can't imagine the younger girl could remember much after three years that would be helpful. And it appears to me that the older girl might be sympathetic to her mother.

I recently saw a Go-FundMe campaign started by the older girl in which she says she lost both her parents when she was 17, and I have to wonder if AS wrote her off at that time. If so, she may not consider herself to be part of AS's family any longer.

This is all just MOO, but when it comes to kids testifying about the killings of their siblings by their parents, I can't think of anything more scary.

Last edited:
Yes, I think she is prone to rage, but more than that, I don't think she has a conscience.

I think she feels justified in everything she does. I doubt she has any remorse over killing Gannon.
Her only remorse is that she got caught.

And…she will blame Gannon for what has transpired. It will be his fault.

T is the MOST EVIL thing I’ve ever encountered.

MOO

Her only remorse is that she got caught.

And…she will blame Gannon for what has transpired. It will be his fault.

T is the MOST EVIL thing I’ve ever encountered.

MOO

She's certainly up there at the top of the list.

I can't imagine what poor Gannon went through. I still haven't gotten over hearing the audio where she made him take responsibility for the candle wax. I could tell in his voice that he was injured at that time.

She brings a whole new meaning to the word "evil."

I have to wonder about LS's daughter and AS's daughter testifying. I can't imagine the younger girl could remember much after three years that would be helpful. And it appears to me that the older girl might be sympathetic to her mother.

I recently saw a campaign started by the older girl in which she says she lost both her parents when she was 17, and I have to wonder if AS wrote her off at that time. If so, she may not consider herself to be part of AS's family any longer.

This is all just MOO, but when it comes to kids testifying about the killings of their siblings by their parents, I can't think of anything more scary.
HH knows a great deal about what went on in that house and what happened later. Let’s not forget that she was with Tee on that road trip when Gannon’s body was dumped.

No doubt it will be very difficult for HH to testify against her mother if that is what’s going to happen.

As for LS I would really hope that any testimony she gives would have been pre-recorded and she doesn’t have to enter the courtroom and face the EVIL WITCH.

If Leticia had a single ounce of decency, she would plead Guilty to save her daughter and former stepdaughter the trauma of testifying.

Leticia won’t be doing that though because apparently “we owe her an apology”.

MOO

HH knows a great deal about what went on in that house and what happened later. Let’s not forget that she was with Tee on that road trip when Gannon’s body was dumped.

No doubt it will be very difficult for HH to testify against her mother if that is what’s going to happen.

As for LS I would really hope that any testimony she gives would have been pre-recorded and she doesn’t have to enter the courtroom and face the EVIL WITCH.

If Leticia had a single ounce of decency, she would plead Guilty to save her daughter and former stepdaughter the trauma of testifying.

Leticia won’t be doing that though because apparently “we owe her an apology”.

MOO
I know both LS and HH are on State's witness list. But unless it is for use as a victim impact statement, I can't really imagine any defense attorney ever agreeing to allow pre-recorded testimony from AS's daughter, LS. While it would be important for the defense to avoid appearing to pick on a child witness, I can't imagine that would extend to foregoing cross-examination (or foregoing the ability to do it in real time.)

Personally I can't imagine LS would have much to say that's useful anyway. She was very young when GS was killed and it's been a few years. So I'd wonder why the State would use her anyway (unless it was to elicit more sympathy from the jury. I know attorneys do that but I don't like it. That belongs in the punishment phase IMO, not the guilt phase of a trial.) But if LS does have some bombshell evidence of her stepmother's guilt to reveal, then like it or not, Leticia has a right to face her accuser. I doubt that will happen. We'll see but attorneys do put people on witness lists they have no intention of calling as part of the "psychological warfare" in a trial.

I'm also not sure what HH can say especially about the home environment. There's no evidence HH was involved in the killing (and she couldn't have been if the reported timetable is accurate. LE verified she was at work.) And IMO there is a danger is trying to present overwhelming evidence of the defendant's ongoing cruelty to GS. If it was so overwhelming, shouldn't AS have noticed if a teenager did? I don't think it's going to be helpful to send the jury's thinking in that direction. I'm also not sure what HH can say about the trip to Florida. Just like the defense can't pick on AS's daughter, the State appearing to pick on HH may not be helpful either. She was a teenager at the time and under her mother's control. But I think there's a better chance she'll be called than Al's daughter.
JMO

I recently saw a Go-FundMe campaign started by the older girl in which she says she lost both her parents when she was 17, and I have to wonder if AS wrote her off at that time. If so, she may not consider herself to be part of AS's family any longer.

moo. Can't imagine that Gannon's sister or LS's daughter would need to testify. I least I hope not. I would think there is enough evidence w/o her testimony. Wasn't Gannon's sister (gosh, same initials as step-mother) (ugh!) only 8 yrs old at the time of Gannon's murder? Speculation only.

Curious does the law allow for daughter (a victim) to testify against a mother? If so, can her testimony be trusted? That is for the jury to decide if testimony is credible. I would hope that the state has enough to convict without her daughter testifying. moo

Last edited:
Curious does the law allow for daughter (a victim) to testify against a mother? If so, can her testimony be trusted? That is for the jury to decide if testimony is credible. I would hope that the state has enough to convict without her daughter testifying. moo
The law allows relatives to testify. (There is a spousal privilege in most states but even that doesn't prohibit testimony in most cases. It just makes clear who holds the privilege and usually prohibits the compelling of testimony. But a spouse can often choose to testify.) Americans may remember too when Monica Lewinsky's mother was forced to give grand jury testimony. It was pretty brutal.

Any testimony given by anybody, relative or not, must be evaluated for credibility. That would apply to LE, experts, eyewitnesses, anybody.
 JMO

I can't bring myself to go back and look but I recall at first, trying so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. She made it SO hard, right from the beginning.
The Cousin It interview had me suspicious of her immediately, but when she started referring to him in past tense, that’s when I lost hope that Gannon was alive.
“Gannon was like a person…”
I really loathe this scummy woman.

I know both LS and HH are on State's witness list. But unless it is for use as a victim impact statement, I can't really imagine any defense attorney ever agreeing to allow pre-recorded testimony from AS's daughter, LS. While it would be important for the defense to avoid appearing to pick on a child witness, I can't imagine that would extend to foregoing cross-examination (or foregoing the ability to do it in real time.)

Personally I can't imagine LS would have much to say that's useful anyway. She was very young when GS was killed and it's been a few years. So I'd wonder why the State would use her anyway (unless it was to elicit more sympathy from the jury. I know attorneys do that but I don't like it. That belongs in the punishment phase IMO, not the guilt phase of a trial.) But if LS does have some bombshell evidence of her stepmother's guilt to reveal, then like it or not, Leticia has a right to face her accuser. I doubt that will happen. We'll see but attorneys do put people on witness lists they have no intention of calling as part of the "psychological warfare" in a trial.

I'm also not sure what HH can say especially about the home environment. There's no evidence HH was involved in the killing (and she couldn't have been if the reported timetable is accurate. LE verified she was at work.) And IMO there is a danger is trying to present overwhelming evidence of the defendant's ongoing cruelty to GS. If it was so overwhelming, shouldn't AS have noticed if a teenager did? I don't think it's going to be helpful to send the jury's thinking in that direction. I'm also not sure what HH can say about the trip to Florida. Just like the defense can't pick on AS's daughter, the State appearing to pick on HH may not be helpful either. She was a teenager at the time and under her mother's control. But I think there's a better chance she'll be called than Al's daughter.
JMO
I read all of your comment.
All I can say is. You might be surprised.

Just a half dozen threads in but by the 3rd thread the step mom stood out already along with the phone info. Like IMO had no actual care what the boy was doing from the start then things started to go darker from there, body language is one of the flags I look for and seeing flags, Back to soaking this up and sure it's going to lead right back to home, gut feeling.
This is one of three cases in my 10+ years on WS that has caused me to consciously take a break on the whole site, it is that disturbing and painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member