Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Sgt Mynatt is calling SM out!

Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'

February 12, 2020 07:27 PM

Sixteen days after 11-year-old Gannon Stauch went missing from his home in Colorado Springs, his stepmother — who first reported him missing as a runaway — offered an explanation of Gannon’s whereabouts prior to his disappearance.

In a new statement released Tuesday to Fox31, Gannon’s stepmother, Letecia “Tecia” Stauch, appeared to imply that the boy may have been abducted.

“I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G,” she said in the statement.

However, in response to Stauch’s statement, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says authorities currently have no reason to believe the boy was kidnapped.

[..]

Stauch also claimed to be a victim of cyberbullying and threats, saying someone had tried to run her off the road in the days since Gannon’s disappearance.

“It has been a challenge when people are trying to run you off the road, waiting outside your hotel, threatening to kill you, etc.” she said.

Mynatt says anyone who has been threatened should report the incident to the police.

Yes, and Sgt Mynatt also added, “We are really trying to also ensure that the community knows if there was a threat of some sort of public safety statement, if there was an abduction of some sort, if that information was revealed to us … we would absolutely put that out.” Very strong statement against the abduction idea posited by TS. jmo

MOO!

I think she is making up the person who left with Gannon. But i appreciate getting more of the timeline from her. As others have said....Why wouldn't LE put a description out of this person or car or video showing it?

I have actually known someone who was this delusional who was also a malignant narcissist. I believe there are half truths everywhere in her statements, and she believes people believe her.

I'd say Sgt Mynatt is calling SM out!

Police Responds to Claims of Missing Colo. Boy's Stepmother: 'There Is No Threat to the Community'

February 12, 2020 07:27 PM

Sixteen days after 11-year-old Gannon Stauch went missing from his home in Colorado Springs, his stepmother — who first reported him missing as a runaway — offered an explanation of Gannon’s whereabouts prior to his disappearance.

In a new statement released Tuesday to Fox31, Gannon’s stepmother, Letecia “Tecia” Stauch, appeared to imply that the boy may have been abducted.

“I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G,” she said in the statement.

However, in response to Stauch’s statement, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says authorities currently have no reason to believe the boy was kidnapped.

[..]

Stauch also claimed to be a victim of cyberbullying and threats, saying someone had tried to run her off the road in the days since Gannon’s disappearance.

“It has been a challenge when people are trying to run you off the road, waiting outside your hotel, threatening to kill you, etc.” she said.

Mynatt says anyone who has been threatened should report the incident to the police.
Ya know what I don't hear him saying? I don't hear him corroborating SM's statement from today, that LE already knows who it was that Gannon left with.

In fact, he pushes back on it, saying currently no reason to believe it was an abduction.

Looks like they left her hanging in the wind....

MOO!

I think she is making up the person who left with Gannon. But i appreciate getting more of the timeline from her. As others have said....Why wouldn't LE put a description out of this person or car or video showing it?

I have actually known someone who was this delusional who was also a malignant narcissist. I believe there are half truths everywhere in her statements, and she believes people believe her.

Yes, I think that is a good description. And I think if she ever goes to trial for anything in her future, she will likely want to testify because she is certain she can convince people of her truths.

what ya'll think about TS thanking HER HUSBAND in todays daily edition?
my take. ...'you think you can just cut me out??? we shall see about that.'

imo BD what have cringed at the suggestion that he is her husband.
I believe she was reacting to people on social media who say the fact her husband is not supporting her makes it look like she is guilty of something... Like everything else she says, I believe this is another attempt to try to fight against the general consensus.

"No threat to the public" is LE speak for "this was not a stranger abduction". I'll just leave it at that.

LE is working on a a mountain of data with the assistance of other state and federal agencies. Cell phone records, auto GPS data, interviews, mining social media, forensic evidence...just a whole lot of "stuff" in addition to running down a ton of tips. These operations can be massive and require a lot of incident command management. From what I see so far, my hat's off to them. I would have suggested thermal vision on an aircraft, no later than day 2 and I would have had trackers around the house before everyone and their brother had tromped all over the evidence, but that's just me Monday morning quarterbacking.

What takes so long (and drives us mad in the process) is that LE must document every little detail to create an air-tight case. There are as many forensic experts working for defense teams as there are working for LE.

I am always taken aback that POI's, named or not, tend to run their mouths and make conflicting statements. I love the quote "it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt".

What caused the shadow?

Clouds? IIRC, it was approx 2:00pm in the afternoon when she returned home. With the very bright sunny days in Colorado, clouds moving quickly overhead can cast shadows on objects and the ground below.

IIRC, cloud cast shadows were also discussed while examining still shots from neighbors security video of Patrick Frazee at Kelsey’s condo. That was also around 1:30pm-3:00pm on a sunny afternoon in Colorado.

JMO

Last edited:
Relatively new to this one. Been watching and catching up last couple days. Am curious about the rental car thing, but can't seem to find much about the topic. Can someone point me to related thread/discussion or summarize? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member