Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, The Palmer Lake Herald isn't a newspaper. It's a facebook page ran by locals. I don't know if it truly counts as MSM any more than a blog would

I was reading The Palmer Lake Herald post thinking, why would they release information about pings that hasn't been released by LE? Or accuse someone of being TS posting under a fake name? They are obviously not a legitimate news source. Bottom line, it wouldn't be good if they harm the investigation.

MOO, If LE is using SAR canine(s) in the home, I don't think it would be related to Gannon's scent. Rather, I would postulate that LE found something that they wish to either rule in, or rule out, as to whether or not that something was in that home. Possibly something related to a third party yet to be named.

There would be no reason to take a dog in to that home to gain Gannon's scent, or TS's for that matter, as any item that either one of them used regularly could be used to give the dog that scent. MOO

BBM: I hadn't thought of that. It has been reported that the dogs were also going door to door. Hmmm....

BBM: I hadn't thought of that. It has been reported that the dogs were also going door to door. Hmmm....

Yes, for instance, say they found something that the dog(s) did not 'hit' on. Something they think related to the case. Then they could 'scent' the dog with that item, go to the home(s) and attempt to determine if the owner of that item, or the item itself, had been in that home.

MOO, If LE is using SAR canine(s) in the home, I don't think it would be related to Gannon's scent. Rather, I would postulate that LE found something that they wish to either rule in, or rule out, as to whether or not that something, or the owner of it, or someone who had been in possession of it, was in that home. Possibly something related to a third party yet to be named.

There would be no reason to take a dog in to that home to gain Gannon's scent, or TS's for that matter, as any item that either one of them used regularly could be used to give the dog that scent. MOO
An unknown third party remains in my view.

Maybe there was a tip of GS being held at a house there. Doubt it but maybe that’s a reason for going house to house?

After what we have learned over the past two days about how Faye Swetlik was found and where, and the neighbor linked to her disappearance, I believe they are simply being diligent in canvassing Gannon's neighborhood to be certain there are no scent trails leading to a nearby home or nearby location, using fresh items for scenting from the home.
JMO MOO and such

I was thinking that too, but I don't know how pro search dogs work.
I'm a little behind on the thread but I did find this: "We take the dog to the area where the person was last seen, we let the dog walk around and kind of explore for a few minutes, and then we present them with that scent, and then it’s off to the races,” Greene says. “They experience smells like we see words.”

Police bloodhounds on the Montgomery County K-9 Unit

As dreadful a discovery as it would be to find GS's body, it's going to be much, much worse to see LE go through all these exhaustive, extensive searches and come up empty-handed.

Those of us who followed the Kelsey Berreth case can attest to that fact.

The one consolation is that this DA will do everything possible to bring a case forward against the person responsible for GS's disappearance, with or without a body.

The potential difficulty for the DA right now lies in the fact that he may lack the evidence needed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GS is no longer alive.

In the KB case, he had an eyewitness/co-conspirator to make the case against PF ironclad.
Once LE had KK's cooperation, LE was able to find the blood and other evidence needed to prove that KB had been the victim of a brutal homicide.

Finding GS deceased will be terribly tragic, both for his family and for LE.

Not finding him will be infinitely worse, both for his family and for LE.

Either way, it's going to be a tragic outcome.

JMO.
I’m praying they find him today or tomorrow. I can’t imagine the family not being able to have his body. I can’t imagine him being where they are searching and being alive either. Someone must have seen whoever did this or the red truck or found clothing etc. some tip has led LE to these places. I’m so proud of these searchers and how hard they are working. Real Pros IMO.

my son is a K9 officer and there can be several reasons for them to collect other scents, first some dogs are trained to scent by air, some by ground (sweat from the bottom of feet scent)…...also if they had scents from Gannon but then decided to go a different route and use scent from TS, say they thought maybe she carried Gannon then they might want her scent also.....there could be several reasons.
Wow!! Makes perfect sense!!

Can you tell what type of poles they are using by viewing the video? Crews use shovels, long poles at wooded property while searching for Gannon Stauch

Both our adult chocolate lab and GSP puppy are air trained. They are working on cross training the GSP to trail. She is pretty consistent with air considering she is still young.

ETA: I am glad she is good at this-considering she just snatched a whole unpeeled potato I dropped and ran outside with it...not real sure she has the aptitude for much else :)

First time I have laughed at all reading these threads, reading about your pup snatching a potato. And Lord knows I needed it. Thank you for that.

These teams are not leaving a single inch of ground untouched. They’re combing with shovels and poles while walking shoulder to shoulder.

Brandon Thompson on Twitter
Despite the statements about looking to bring him home alive, it's clear as a bell they're not looking for a living boy under all that snow.
:(

I’m praying they find him today or tomorrow. I can’t imagine the family not being able to have his body. I can’t imagine him being where they are searching and being alive either. Someone must have seen whoever did this or the red truck or found clothing etc. some tip has led LE to these places. I’m so proud of these searchers and how hard they are working. Real Pros IMO.
BBM:

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I do think GS will be found some day.

I think that day could very well be today, or it could very well be years from now.

What we're seeing right now looks like LE's big push based on their best information.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member