Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the candle/couch video, my guess is those children are probably dealing with a lot of manipulative behavior on a regular basis. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that his sister was told he had already gone to a friends or was "sick" in his bedroom, or that she totally did see Gannon after school, remember!-nudge, death stare. If there is always a cloud of fear hanging over the kids' heads, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to convince a young child to tell the story she had been told.
The story she attested to on TV was that she had seen Gannon SUNDAY evening, after the hike in GOG.
She, apparently worked on Sundays and that is what she confirmed.
If she also worked on Mondays it's likely she would not have been home to see him before he disappeared in any case.

A possibility: SM is not involved in GS' disappearance, that GS did leave with a someone, that LE has not been able to determine identity/location of that someone but is basing search locations on a 'possibilities' list, a list of potential individuals who GS may have left with that afternoon.

As mnuch as I expect many of you on the forum don't want to believe this, it IS a possibility, regardless of how SM comes across through the filter of Social Media.

The searchers were very meticulous in moving across some of that ground, as though looking for smaller items.

Not sure what to make of it all. At this point, with what little we know, Gannon could still be alive, holed up somewhere in someones home. I doubt it, but in reality, we just....don't....know.

I felt the same way. They are literally shoulder to shoulder in their search. Is that how you search for a body?

I have no theory either. ......At the end of the day, she just doesn’t seem like a murderer to me. This is a very strange, heartbreaking case.
RSBM
Obviously, this is my opinion onlyyyy....but I think in some cases, Dylan R comes to mind....an adult lost their temper, hurt him, realized at some point sun night\next morning just how badly he was hurt....and proceeded to eliminate evidence instead of having the truth come out. MOO.

And with all the new random information LS gave in her statement, no comment on...

The mods have posted repeatedly that info is off limits. It comes straight from her SM and we've been told we cannot sleuth her and post that info here.

Once she's named a suspect and/or arrested, of course that rule no longer applies but for now, it does. :)

A possibility: SM is not involved in GS' disappearance, that GS did leave with a someone, that LE has not been able to determine identity/location of that someone but is basing search locations on a 'possibilities' list, a list of potential individuals who GS may have left with that afternoon.

As mnuch as I expect many of you on the forum don't want to believe this, it IS a possibility, regardless of how SM comes across through the filter of Social Media.

Yes, we don’t have enough info at this point to say without a doubt. And I’m sure this will be what a defense team will look into. I just keep going back to an amber alert...if he was abducted why then isn’t there one? LE says it’s because certain criteria wasn’t met, and we can’t know that criteria because “it’s part of the investigation.” But I guess anything is possible. MOO

IIRC, RD's video clearly shows who he left with.

MOO

I listened to the interview she did with her back to the camera. I read her "statement". I honestly don't think she's intellectually capable of being several steps ahead of anyone.
Some would call it intellect, others would call it self preservation , requiring very little intellectual input but absolutely loads of adrenaline.

RSBM
Obviously, this is my opinion onlyyyy....but I think in some cases, Dylan R comes to mind....an adult lost their temper, hurt him, realized at some point sun night\next morning just how badly he was hurt....and proceeded to eliminate evidence instead of having the truth come out. MOO.

Bingo.

MOO

I really hate typing this but given how the searches are going I do worry about wild animals as time goes on.....
I hate to say this, @Bravo, but I’m thinking she might have brought Gannon to the most isolated area she could get to in the timeframe she had, (before HH and SS got home from school). She left him in the open rather than trying to bury him in frozen ground hoping he would be discovered by wild animals. The damage done could very well prevent them from determining COD. She’s off the hook and could attribute it to the fact that he ran away. MOO

The story she attested to on TV was that she had seen Gannon SUNDAY evening, after the hike in GOG.
She, apparently worked on Sundays and that is what she confirmed.
If she also worked on Mondays it's likely she would not have been home to see him before he disappeared in any case.

I took the original poster to mean his younger sister…?

This is a good time to stop and thank you for your Twitter on the spot updates. I’m sure others will agree to share our gratitude to our Twitter Queen for this thread. Thank you humble. Instead of having to bounce between tabs when awaiting important updates, I’m assured the updates will appear here so I can relax a minute before the news hits.
CO - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Dear @imstilla.grandma,

Playing catch up and just came across this. Thank you so much. I’ve always found it difficult to talk about my emotions and feelings. So I focus on facts and information to try to be helpful. I would also like to thank others who have been keeping all of us abreast of latest developments, as well as the locals for sharing their valuable perspectives.

Here’s to hoping we will hear some good news today. While I do expect it to be devastating, not knowing would be even worse, IMO.

This first poster that was released quickly and is here on WS (and looks more thrown together) states 315-330. Do we know when that window expanded by 30 minutes?
TS's original report was that he left the house sometime between 3:15 and 4pm.
She never did give an exact time, but left the window open for him to have rather conveniently left before his little sister got home from school that day, thereby... not seeing him.

If you go back and read the very first thread and compare the info to what we know now, it's quite the eye opener.
CO - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Attachments

• 3BEFD879-F140-4351-9CC7-84A0E10FA25B.jpeg
    3BEFD879-F140-4351-9CC7-84A0E10FA25B.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 18
Yes, we don’t have enough info at this point to say without a doubt. And I’m sure this will be what a defense team will look into. I just keep going back to an amber alert...if he was abducted why then isn’t there one? LE says it’s because certain criteria wasn’t met, and we can’t know that criteria because “it’s part of the investigation.” But I guess anything is possible. MOO
You can actually Google search the criteria to be met for an amber alert. It is public information.
Also recall he was reported to have run away.

Groan...coyotes scavenged on my little brothers’s body. Omg, it was horrible to find and see. In the middle of a hot August. Thankfully Mother Nature may be helpful in preservation when they find Gannon. Prosecution needs all the evidence they can to judicially force the killer to pay the price for her crime.
My condolences. I am so sorry about your brother.

Hi I’m new here..I was wondering if maybe she felt the need to say he cut his foot and sat on the car because maybe the daughter or her may have hit him with car accidentally...

Welcome to WS. It's just a thing I do, but whenever I start to think a person might not be guilty of the thing I (and most everyone else on a thread) they're being side-eyed about, or that it was some tragic accident (in my effort to give them the benefit of the doubt) I remember all the cases I've ever followed where the mom, dad, step or someone very close to the child, did the most unspeakable, vile thing to the child, that I would have never in a million years, suspected they could have done.

Fact is, there are some truly evil people in our world and they do in fact hurt and kill children. On purpose. And often, with zero regret.
:(

O

Or... it could be an explanation for a conversation about a gate and a key. Isn’t the are they are searching a gated property?
Interesting thought. Something to think about.
Case Archive:
Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith

I made a strip of some of the pics that are not often used in the news articles.
Gannon Stauch. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.
Oh girl, you are breaking my heart. He is gorgeous. More than gorgeous. Wow. He’s gonna drive the girls crazy someday. I can hold on just a little bit longer.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts. It’s okay. He is still with me right now in my heart. He is absolutely my inspiration to help with missing person cases. The “unknown” produces such an incredibly lonely feeling for the family. Watching my parents and siblings fall apart. I watched this mother beg for people to please have hope with her. I listened and I heard her. I think she thinks she’s ready for the inevitable. She’s not.

For those who aren't really familiar with lie detectors other than from daytime t.v and crime shows, there is good reason you can't use them in court, or be forced to take one.
They have use as an interrogation tool, and can be effective in that capacity.
Yes. They are not always reliable. Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) passed not one,but two polygraph exams,and there have been cases where innocent people have failed a polygraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop