Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have raised a good point. Certainly the people working at the store that day might be able to add insights. I wonder why there has not been any reporters to have looked into it. Or even just a curious person asking if anyone remembers anything. Does seem a bit strange there was no follow up on that.
I have thought about that too. I have heard NOTHING on any of the SM boards, local boards, nothing. If it was as large of a scene in that store that LS states it was with her daughter and her being treated that way, I'm having a difficult time understanding why we have heard nothing about the incident, not on the local SM boards, not on the neighborhood apps, nothing. IMO

I think bodies are often found close to a road. Because the perp is in a hurry to get rid of the evidence.
And she probably wouldn't think it would look like a negative against her because, after all, he ran away/was abducted/or whatever the story of the day is. So even IF the sweet little guy was found on the side of the road, she doesn't really think it will look badly on her. It was "someone else" who put him there quickly. Not her. IMO

I am not a doctor or therapist, but, fwiw, constipation in a kid can be a control issue. In a home where a kid is perhaps feeling oppressed or controlled, withholding bowel movements can be something s/he can independently control - and that can lead to constipation.

It's a way to assert or feel some personal control without "acting out" - and to me, it matches how I see Gannon. He doesn't seem like the type of kid who would openly fight authority being mean to him. Perhaps he quietly rebels against a confusing, chaotic, unpleasant home situation by hunkering down and withholding bowel movements - not that I think he consciously does this, but rather that it could be his reaction without thinking. It's almost a way of disappearing, to deny one's self a body function. :(

That is what I've been thinking from the start when I read he might have constipation, but didn't mention it as I'm not an expert, just someone who has made observations over the years.

There might be medications that lead to constipation too, but idk about them or what or if he was taking any.

I don't claim this is a fact
but simply offer it as an idea. I have no links, only my own opinion.

jmopinion

Freud and the fathers of psychoanalysis would heartily agree with you FWIW.
Anal stage - Wikipedia

ETA: in more modern practice, this is still "a thing" and also why young women with developmental trauma frequently have disordered eating. When home life is totally out of control and authority figures are oppressive or abusive, as you said, the one thing the child or young person can control is their own body.

Last edited:
You know, we are in the Springs now, but lived in Monument/PL area for years. I remember my husband taking stuff we needed to toss (old mattresses of the kids, etc) to the "dump." It wasn't far away when we lived in Monument, but I don't know if it was in the Springs or what. (Springs and Monument/Palmer Lake are right next to each other). I would ask him, but he has the day off and is snoring away right now...…
I passed a dump next to the sante Fe hiking trail right outside of monument on 105 headed toward Palmer lake.

I bet you nobody backs off this case...when it walks like a duck, you know the saying. Also, imo, the successes in CO with other cases has created a new motivation amongst all the resources to bring this boy home. I hope that makes sense. And a big thank you to LE.

Last edited:
Since we’re spinning wheels here, shall we discuss Gannon’s “sick” stomach? There was a little bit of discussion in Thread #9 that LS has given him Miralax. Here are the details on the drug, including what one might take it for and what side effects might occur:

Drugs & Medications

I personally would assume it was given for constipation, and I find it odd that he would be so constipated that he would need a laxative at his age. I know it can happen; I just think it’s odd. I also wonder if the constipation was a result of the other “meds” we have read that he takes, and I wonder if his other meds could cause an interaction or reaction as WebMD indicates is possible.

All JMO- sorry for the potentially unpleasant topic, but my wheels are spinning...

Please come home, Gannon!

My daughter had constipation issues since she was an infant and had to take Miralax once a day as a toddler. Her constipation issues helped her get potty trained by 16 months old. Now she is 10 and still gets them occasionally. I would say everyone's belly's are different and how they digest food.

I have thought about that too. I have heard NOTHING on any of the SM boards, local boards, nothing. If it was as large of a scene in that store that LS states it was with her daughter and her being treated that way, I'm having a difficult time understanding why we have heard nothing about the incident, not on the local SM boards, not on the neighborhood apps, nothing. IMO
Because that would require empathy for TS.

Really? I never knew this was actually a "thing" beyond my observations.....gotta read this.

jmo
Okay, that's a bit different than what I'm thinking as Gannon is well past age three and SM was not in charge of potty-training. But still interesting info to note.

I think the constipation is something that developed in the years he has been living with her. And I think it developed out as a way of him quietly and personally asserting control and also "disappearing" himself by not even making waves enough to use the toilet. Perhaps there were toilet issues as some point that she made into a drama-queen scene and humiliated him - I could see that. I can't picture her as being kind and supportive - but resentful and spiteful - when dealing with a health issue, and that just might cause him to withhold bowel movements all the more.

Again, this is my opinion, not a medical diagnosis or something supported with a link. Just an idea.

Could be they just ate too much Burger King and things get clogged up. IDK.

jmopinion

So where r all the tools?!
I was expecting to see a tool bench, tools hanging on the wall. I don’t see a single tool.

I see a chop saw and table saw on the right (the fence of a table saw at least). I would guess there are many other smaller tools behind there if someone has those two things in their garage.

A couple of odd things about LS's last statement (given to Fox31):

She makes her mention of the person that might have been with Gannon gender-neutral. She says she gave a description to LE on "day one" but does not give the public even a shred of a clue to help locate this person (and Gannon). No age, no gender, nothing. Since he was going out to play at a friend's house in Story 1, I end up imagining he was with another kid, but if it was an adult and the police say "no evidence of abduction" what could that mean? (Other than that she's lying?)

She normalizes "crazy" behavior ("We all have engaged in something crazy online at some point but Gannon would want everyone to get along and to focus on finding him.") In the current context, the "crazy" stuff she's done to Gannon's mom requires an apology. She apparently doesn't realize that, this is as close as she's going to get to saying "Oops, I ought not to have done that."

I am at a loss, once again, in understanding why she includes both the "Albert's tools cut Gannon's foot" incident but especially Gannon keeps going to the gate afterward. Why is this a detail she thinks will help find Gannon? She says the investigation is going on a long time and now she needs to release details, but why this one? She appears to mean that this happens Saturday night. Why would Gannon keep going to the gate on Saturday night and how is this related to the cut on his foot? There's such a missing piece of explanation there, that it almost sounds like a disconnect in her thinking. Is she just trying to find yet another way to imply that Gannon ran away?

"Last, from day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with."

She implies of course that she gave the description. How odd that she didn't include that information in her initial 911 call (which might have triggered an Amber Alert if the police thought it was an abduction. She implies she knew when he left through that remark and that while the person was a friend to Gannon, she didn't know this person very well.

You have raised a good point. Certainly the people working at the store that day might be able to add insights. I wonder why there has not been any reporters to have looked into it. Or even just a curious person asking if anyone remembers anything. Does seem a bit strange there was no follow up on that.
It may prove to be rather tricky to follow up on something that never happened.

jmo

It either doesn’t exist, or she thought she looked better in the other one.

By “look better,” I mean both physically and in terms of optics. Her “duck face” and lighting may have been optimal, and/or it shows how great a mother she (thinks she) is (taking her smiling kids hiking).

Who the hell knows though with this lady. She’s a piece of work.
I would guess that Gannon looked better in the one from Sunday. She should not be in any picture that is displaying Gannon as a missing child! JMO

It either doesn’t exist, or she thought she looked better in the other one.

By “look better,” I mean both physically and in terms of optics. Her “duck face” and lighting may have been optimal, and/or it shows how great a mother she (thinks she) is (taking her smiling kids hiking).

Who the hell knows though with this lady. She’s a piece of work.
I would guess that Gannon looked better in the one from Sunday. She should not be in any picture that is displaying Gannon as a missing child! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor