Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to read your post, "rainbug," stemming from the manner in which Letecia Stauch/"Stepmommy Dearest" parked her red SUV as seen in the much-watched, closed-circuit video (allegedly captured 01-27-202) so many of us have seen online, and about which you have elaborated in an informative manner.

This supposedly safer method of parking in a driveway or parking space, which you stated safety experts say is to back into a driveway or parking space rather than the vehicle facing forward when parking, may have been part of LS' reasoning when parking the red SUV on January 27, 2020.

My dad parked his cars that way all the time, the only one on the street where our original family home was located who did park his cars that way. He continued that parking method at his last home, the second one he owned after our original family home, where he lived with my stepmother (who, for all her faults and ignorance, at least never tried to kill me) from 1978-90, when he died post heart surgery.

I had always assumed my dad parked that way because there were so many illnesses and hospitalizations in our family lasting a decade--my maternal grandmother, who by then lived in our home, hospitalized at some point 1961-62; my paternal grandmother hospitalized 1964-65; my mom having been hospitalized 1965-70 from various cancer surgeries and procedures, before her death in March 1970; and two aunts hospitalized 1971-72-- that my dad wanted to have his cars pointing toward the street so he could dash out more quickly if he needed to do so, to get to a hospital quickly, plus that he often worked the graveyard shift at his job in electrical construction, so was often leaving home in darkness.

During that entire period my dad was the only one in our family who could drive and who owned a car. Two of my dad's three sisters who lived close-by were maiden aunts (neither of who could drive, more common for women in those days than now), one of who was handicapped and wore a brace on her leg stemming from an auto accident in the 1940s which left her paralyzed on her right side. So my dad basically served as a part-time chauffeur for the two aunts on Sundays for church as well family dinners and Christmases at our home, besides driving himself, my mom and us kids whenever and wherever needed, besides family vacations. So believe you me my dad would have known about the best method of parking, as he seemed to know so many things.

And now, thanks to the post of "rainbug," I know there was possibly and probably some actual safety-supported method behind my dad's longtime parking habit.

I realize this is a brief, off-topic (sort-of) diversion from the Gannon Stauch case we are here to discuss. But since the GS search teams (in Douglas County, anyway) are evidently taking this "President's Day" off, and since many of us have seen on video LS/"Stepmommy Dearest" parking her red SUV *advertiser censored*-backwards, which "rainbug," explained to us evidently has a safety-supported basis behind it, I thought I would just take a walk down "Memory Lane" (often my favorite place to travel anyway) and chime in with my own family experience in parking *advertiser censored*-backwards.

~

george-washington-by-gilbert-stuart,2167093.jpg

Above, Gilbert Stuart's so-called "Landsdowne portrait"(so named because it was a birthday gift to former British Prime Minster William Petty, the 1st Marquess of Landsdowne) of President George Washington, which hangs in the National Gallery in Washington, D.C. Three copies of the painting were also painted by Stuart, the most notorious the one rescued by First Lady Dolly Madison previous to the burning of the White House by British troops in 1814, during the War of 1812.

Happy Washington's Birthday everyone! I don't celebrate certain presidents. But today's Federal holiday was originally and traditionally conceived to be celebrated on February 22nd, to commemorate the birth of George Washington (actually born February 11, 1731, but changed to February 22, 1732 after the United States adopted the Gregorian calendar), the very first president of the United States, generally deemed to be "The Father of Our Country." But following the adoption by Congress of the Uniform Federal Holidays Act of 1971, its observance can occur from February 15 to 21, inclusive, ironically neither February 11th nor 22nd anymore,and probably never again, sadly.

Cherry Pie and Washington's Birthday

IMG_3999.jpg

Above, lattice-crust style cherry pie.

Today's traditional food is cherry pie, in connection with the legend of Washington chopping down a cherry tree and telling the truth to his father when asked who did the deed.

48523323236_abd529ba8e.jpg

If you are inclined to bake a cherry pie of your own, but not completely from scratch with fresh cherries, my mom used to use Comstock cherry pie filling, that product line now having evidently been absorbed by Duncan Hines. But I have also read online that Target Stores' Market Pantry line produces a better, tangier cherry pie filling.

comstock-original-country-74546.png

But for many having neither the time nor the inclination to fresh-bake, cherry pies are easily found in supermarkets' bakery departments or else at a good local bakery. Even the packaged Table Talk cherry pies taste real good. Ordinarily Table Talk cherry pies may be easier to find in their single-serving sizes. But in February the good folks at Table Talk know the demand for cherry pies increases, and so bake more of the full-size, seasonally-popular cherry dessert items. Another widely available (albeit frozen) cherry pie should be Marie Callender's Lattice Cherry Pie.

"National Cherry Pie Day" is actually February 20th, as designated by NationalDayCalendar.com.

615096.jpg

Pictured above is a snack-size (6") Table
Talk cherry pie. The full-size pies are
available in 8"m 9" and 10".

And to those looking in from other countries (since this GS case has attracted international news coverage), who probably do not have a holiday today, try to have a nice day anyway!
Cute post! I ALWAYS back my pickup into my driveway, and into parking spots at box stores, etc. There are 2 aspects to parking a pickup in a spot like that, one is the easy way (pull in front first and worry about visibility on the way out), OR do the hard part first, back in and enjoy the best visibility on the way out. Seems simple to me, plus there is usually something to unload in the back.

Last edited:
And as we know, they’re searching more than 35 acres today....

I think LE's working furiously in that area today in an effort to get out ahead of the weather front moving in…
I think this is about trying to beat the next snowfall more than anything else.

The flurry of LE activity is an effort to beat the flurry of powder that's forecast to be headed that way.

LE's battling both the clock, and Mother Nature, right now.

Unfortunately, both of those foes are intractable.

It's all hands on deck.

JMO.

Last edited:
Could they be searching for other evidence (weapon(s) or other items that were used as part of whatever happened)? Would they necessarily say if they found Gannon or found significant evidence? It seems it might be best to say nothing until they find as much evidence as possible.

Yes, they are certainly looking for any potential evidence, not just Gannon himself. When they find him we'll likely know rather quickly because it will become a death investigation at that point, unless he's found alive by some miracle. :'(

Any other evidence they find.... I wouldn't expect to hear about it unless releasing info about it could help generate leads.

DBM

Duplicate post
A tip is not a proven fact of anything, it's a suggestion to look at at something specific in hopes of finding evidence. The search in Larkspur could be based on cell phone pings or some other internal investigatory lead, not just a tip. We have no idea what is making them focus on that area.

I think it's super strange she moved the car to the driveway to pick him up. IMO It's almost like he was in too much pain to walk to the street of the car, and when he drops something he doesnt reach to get it. If I park my car in the street, my kids just walk to the car, only times I ever backed in the driveway was for bad weather.

I have been suspicious that one reason she and G did not go to the car at the same time is that she had some things she wanted to take along. One being the backpack she is seen carrying and another being the oddly shaped elongated case she had. Also once G is in the truck, she exits again and retreats out of sight behind the truck. I am suspicious of several reasons, perhaps leaving one or more phones behind at that point or putting another item(s) into the bed of the truck under the covering back there. (hence why she may have backed in)

I think LE's working furiously in that area right now in an effort to get out ahead of the weather front moving in…
I think this is about trying to beat the next snowfall more than anything else.

The flurry of LE activity is an effort to beat the flurry of powder that's forecast to be headed that way.

LE's battling both the clock, and Mother Nature.

Unfortunately, both of those foes are intractable.

JMO.

Dear GordianKnot,

I couldn't agree more.

Now, I have a question for you all, and thanks in advance for your answers!

Even with the snow falling, would the authorities put up a large tarp or tent on top of where they are sifting so that they can continue?

I'm envisioning a very large tent canopy- we've seen these in other investigations.

Perhaps something large enough to cover over them and that strip of snow they are working on?

A tip is not a proven fact of anything, it's a suggestion to look at at something specific in hopes of finding evidence. The search in Larkspur could be based on cell phone pings or some other internal investigatory lead, not just a tip. We have no idea what is making them focus on that area.

I understand that. My point was that it did come from the Sheriff.

EBM..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members