Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took another spin through the search site. It isn't snowing there yet. The parking lot was only about half full and there were quite a few searchers packing up to leave.

They still have one lane of traffic coned off on the S-curves. Fewer people were sifting but there was a lot of activity around the trees north of the fence/two mounds of dirt location. This area has several trees and undulating landscape - a low berm and then a higher berm, both running parallel to the road. The searchers were specifically focusing in the lowest-lying area between the berms and there were a lot of evidence flags there.

I hope we get an update of some kind tonight. I saw three different news trucks nearby so interest definitely seems to be heightened.

Hello everyone I just signed up but have been lurking for a few days reading probably hundreds of pages now and have many pages opened trying to catch up and keep up.

From the beginning I agreed with most of the people in here and everywhere else, that she killed the boy, after the neighbor video, there was no question or doubt in my mind. I saw a few posts from some members saying he was being kept away and not killed. Then I wondered, but why?? For what reason? I kept reading and I came across a post explaining the theory from a member who does not believe the stepmom killed G. I got the answer from that to the "why". Attention, money who knows if you're a narcissist. And how she planned one thing, but that it totally backfired on her.

One thing that has always stood out to me and bothered me from the beginning and didn't seem to quite fit and that I could not understand and probably is highly unusual when someone kills a child, is to call the police so soon after the child isn't back home yet and call it in as a "runaway" I kept wondering why she would do that and not wait much longer, which no one would question cause 11 yr old boys off with a friend could be hours and hours late and it would be normal. I believe it was 2 hours after she claims she last saw the boy, as if she could not wait to put her scheme into motion. Wouldn't she want as much time to go by as possible? And to have everyone frantically assuming the boy was abducted so they can be running around looking for suspicious vehicles, and people and databases of known criminal etc?

Hoaxes are becoming more and more commonplace and the stepmom comes off like the type who just might do this. Also would explain why she doesn't even pretend to be worried really and is focused mostly on herself. A killer would be focused on pretending to being loving and worried I think. Well, I hope this to be true!

The search area is 50 minutes north of GS's home in Lorson Ranch. Requires traveling through high population density areas and roads.

From Lorson Ranch, the best random areas to dispose of evidence and avoid detection would be E, S, and W.

The search area is north, and there is some type evidence near Larkspur related to GS, so it seems the area cannot be random.

From this, I can't shake the thought that there is another player involved in this tragedy.

Just took another spin through the search site. It isn't snowing there yet. The parking lot was only about half full and there were quite a few searchers packing up to leave.

They still have one lane of traffic coned off on the S-curves. Fewer people were sifting but there was a lot of activity around the trees north of the fence/two mounds of dirt location. This area has several trees and undulating landscape - a low berm and then a higher berm, both running parallel to the road. The searchers were specifically focusing in the lowest-lying area between the berms and there were a lot of evidence flags there.

I hope we get an update of some kind tonight. I saw three different news trucks nearby so interest definitely seems to be heightened.
Silverheels, Opinion - You are one of the most "helpful practical locals" that I have ever seen on a WS thread. Thank you so very much for all your "good eyes" posting.....moo

Is it CSI who is doing the close searching? It would be, imo, if anything to do with remains...I think? Not reg. L.E.
So far the MOO the FBI evidence team has been there. They were apparently called in on Thursday if IIRC. Then on Friday they were in full force down by Sierra Pines lane, many with their kits, and two in gray FBI "hazmat" evidence suits with hoods with goggles set for spectrum viewing with their evidence spotlight. MOO see them on Nicole Fierro twitter photo using an orange red light on the area by the gate with fabric on it.

Channel 2 Live Stream

Did anyone else catch the segment? It was very brief. Basically saying Gannon's family is hopeful and will be devastated if there is bad news.

What? No. You don't say! Hm. Duh.
Hey...What...Wait.. The interview??? Who was it?? I can't access that site unfortunately but doesn't seem I missed much..!!

Some of the things that I don't understand...and it may have already been covered and I just sped read through it. G is missing and the weather has turned bad through the last 21 days. Why do they not have a public request for the entire community to check their yards, storage building, crawl spaces, well buildings, etc. Also, how about a public request for citizens to check their trail cams etc. Especially on the days back at the beginning. I don't know...just thinking about Gman. Hoping he comes home soon!

Hello everyone I just signed up but have been lurking for a few days reading probably hundreds of pages now and have many pages opened trying to catch up and keep up.

From the beginning I agreed with most of the people in here and everywhere else, that she killed the boy, after the neighbor video, there was no question or doubt in my mind. I saw a few posts from some members saying he was being kept away and not killed. Then I wondered, but why?? For what reason? I kept reading and I came across a post explaining the theory from a member who does not believe the stepmom killed G. I got the answer from that to the "why". Attention, money who knows if you're a narcissist. And how she planned one thing, but that it totally backfired on her.

One thing that has always stood out to me and bothered me from the beginning and didn't seem to quite fit and that I could not understand and probably is highly unusual when someone kills a child, is to call the police so soon after the child isn't back home yet and call it in as a "runaway" I kept wondering why she would do that and not wait much longer, which no one would question cause 11 yr old boys off with a friend could be hours and hours late and it would be normal. I believe it was 2 hours after she claims she last saw the boy, as if she could not wait to put her scheme into motion. Wouldn't she want as much time to go by as possible? And to have everyone frantically assuming the boy was abducted so they can be running around looking for suspicious vehicles, and people and databases of known criminal etc?

Hoaxes are becoming more and more commonplace and the stepmom comes off like the type who just might do this. Also would explain why she doesn't even pretend to be worried really and is focused mostly on herself. A killer would be focused on pretending to being loving and worried I think. Well, I hope this to be true!
Welcome! And gosh I would love for your theory to be the one!!!!

Some of the things that I don't understand...and it may have already been covered and I just sped read through it. G is missing and the weather has turned bad through the last 21 days. Why do they not have a public request for the entire community to check their yards, storage building, crawl spaces, well buildings, etc. Also, how about a public request for citizens to check their trail cams etc. Especially on the days back at the beginning. I don't know...just thinking about Gman. Hoping he comes home soon!
IMO, it is because they already have an idea of what may have *really* happened and *who* they need to focus on. MOO of course.
ETA: which is why they also haven’t said much to the effect of suspects, or the mysterious person who allegedly took him that SM has a description for or the car they supposedly have....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member