Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing - I just noticed there are even more of the little yellow flags in the background running along that fence. I believe you're right, looks like something important is in this area.

The flags could be to mark gas lines. If that’s the case, it could mean that they are expecting to dig - not just look under the snow.

One thing that has always stood out to me and bothered me from the beginning and didn't seem to quite fit and that I could not understand and probably is highly unusual when someone kills a child, is to call the police so soon after the child isn't back home yet and call it in as a "runaway" I kept wondering why she would do that and not wait much longer, which no one would question cause 11 yr old boys off with a friend could be hours and hours late and it would be normal. I believe it was 2 hours after she claims she last saw the boy, as if she could not wait to put her scheme into motion. Wouldn't she want as much time to go by as possible? And to have everyone frantically assuming the boy was abducted so they can be running around looking for suspicious vehicles, and people and databases of known criminal etc?

SBM

I haven't been able to find any article that states 911 was ever called by the SM. Nor has any 911 call been released to MSM. Early articles only state that a "missing person report" was made. Big difference between calling the Nonemergency # to the local PD vs. calling 911. I really wish a reporter would ask LE if they received a 911 call from SM or if she called nonemergency.

I have read rumors on a social media site (not verified by MSM) that a neighbor actually was the 1st to call 911 after speaking with Gannon's father.

The only info I can find on this in the media thread is as follows:

Neighbor: Surveillance video captured missing Springs boy leaving with stepmom, her returning alone

Leticia Stauch reported the boy missing just before 7 p.m. on Jan. 27, and told police at the time that she had last seen him between 3:15 and 4 p.m. that day, when he left to play at a friend’s house down the street.

Mynatt reiterated that Leticia Stauch called in the missing persons report and that “other factors” and information obtained during that call made them classify Gannon’s disappearance as a runaway case.

Not sure if anyone else local has posted but just drove through and they're leaving the staging area now. Not snowing here. I did actually spot a camera on the road at a business and only route out between would have been Noe Rd. Depending on weather I might get a chance to drive that tomorrow.

Is there a "Turkey Creek Road" in this area at all? I have tried looking but it appears it is like 50 min drive away. Is that correct?

Hmmmm anyone have any thoughts about why wildland fire crews would be on scene?

I just can’t see her burning him...it takes a lot of concentrated heat and a long time to adequately burn/destroy a body. And right on the side of the road...huh.
I'm sure they are very familiar with the topography of the area and know all the in's and out's of the area.

CMoore News® (Carly Moore)‏Verified account @CMoore_News [VIDEO]
Traffic is down to one lane on Highway 105 so that crews have room near the road to search. It appears that crews and shovels and buckets. @FOX21News #FindGannon
3:19 PM - 17 Feb 2020

CMoore News® (Carly Moore)‏Verified account @CMoore_News
.@EPCSheriff wildland fire crews also on scene. @FOX21News #findgannon

ERA9F1JVUAALXLv.jpg

3:35 PM - 17 Feb 2020

yes, the news segment that Nicole Fierro had teased earlier today. It will be on again at 5, Colorado time, about 1/2 hour from now.

I should have grabbed a screenshot! I can't remember the woman's name. She is a friend of the family. There was a caption, "Spokesperson for Stauch family" or something like that. They interview was done near the search site. There was no new info, IMO.

I wonder if you'd be able to watch it on the KDVR Facebook page? I'm sure it will be posted later.
Just curious, is this lady (the spokesperson) a friend of LS or AS? Is the spokesperson for LS or AS?

Have they had the flashing light from the cop cars this whole time, or just today?

Those Douglas County Community Patrol cars have been there any day that there has been search activity near the road. I’m sure it’s just a caution thing because of the blind corners. However, today is the first day they closed the lane of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic