Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me..
Truth for me, MOO, there is someone who was last seen with Gannon. Whether one thinks he left in that truck that day and never returned, or if he possibly returned, there is STILL a person who was last seen with Gannon. I think I know who that someone is.

Is there any evidence whatsoever that Gannon was picked up in that neighborhood? Not that I've seen.

Last person I know of that saw this young man is LS.

And let us not forget, in her famous interview, she told us she was the last person to see Gannon. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it has a Good to Go Pass like here in Wa State. It's a sticker that sends a signal to tolling places,and allows vehicles to travel on toll roads,and in the HOV lane.
MOO
“good to go” is a common term I used with my kids after they got hurt, I picked it up from my grandmothers. I think it’s comforting, your good and now go play, no more tears or fears sort of comfort in those words.

@go997 (I can’t tag for some reason. Edit nevermind, I got it lol ) I hope it was ok I brought this over to this thread. I think it’s a great discussion point!

“I wonder if it would be possible to create some kind of scoring system for rating the level of concern that a suspect should create, based on red flags they have given out with their behaviour since a person went missing? Much of this would be based on the actions that Peter Hyatt looks for (although not all, as statement analysis is obviously only one aspect of investigating).

For example..

1. Speaks of victim in past tense
2. Shows disinclination to refer to victim by name
3. Shows no concern about what the person is currently going through
4. Is eager to self-justify behaviour
5. Draws attention to own acts of kindness
6. Does not want to be interviewed on camera
7. Draws attention to victim's traits
8. Mentions water when interviewed
9. Is disinclined to join any search parties physically
10. Changes story as evidence is uncovered

Etc, etc.

I'm sure that a group of experienced sleuthers, those of you who have been doing this sort of thing for years, could come up with a much longer and probably more relevant list of red flags.

Does anybody think that a system such as this could be, in some way, beneficial? At the moment, people just bring up individual red flags to support their argument in a post ('I think X is guilty, because they keep talking about Y and not Z').

A well-devised system would offer a degree of protection to accused individuals who have actually given off very few red flags, but who are perhaps facing unfair scrutiny due to having a personality that a lot of people just don't like.

Have we yet reached a point where we can look at this sort of thing in a more data-driven/scientific way, or do people prefer to trust their gut more than a set of numbers”

There actually is a well-devised system that's been used for years by LE.....statement analysis.

Police departments attend training sessions lead by professionals.

There are some sleuthers here who doubt its veracity.

911 calls often point the finger in a certain direction as a long list of tells are analyzed, several of which Go997 mentioned.

Edited to remove name.

Last edited:
I wonder if it has a Good to Go Pass like here in Wa State. It's a sticker that sends a signal to tolling places,and allows vehicles to travel on toll roads,and in the HOV lane.
MOO
“good to go” is a common term I used with my kids after they got hurt, I picked it up from my grandmothers. I think it’s comforting, your good and now go play, no more tears or fears sort of comfort in those words.

2017. But OnStar is subscription so the expense...maybe no.

"Priced at $34.99 per month or $349.90 per year, the Guidance plan includes: OnStar Basic Plan"
Nissan has it's own and less expensive version- "NissanConnect Services is $11.99 per month, NissanConnect Services Premium is $19.99 per month, and NissanConnect Services Premium Plus is $24.99 per month. " (info from ConSumer Reports). I just figured as much as she seems involved with social media, she would want something like this which connects phone's and other devices to the system. It is also good for road safety. I feel if she is as stuck on herself as she seems from our limited view of her, would want the "extras".

Just to be sure, I suggest this idea is best posed to @Tricia and/or a moderator as I know that Peter Hyatt and/or his links are not approved for discussion on WS.

@go997
CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Thanks, I was not aware of that (regarding Peter Hyatt). Actually I have no experience with any of this sort of thing and most of what I post is likely to be typical of newbies. I just watch far too much crime stuff on Youtube, when I should really be doing something more productive!

If established members of the forum want to pass on what I wrote to suitable members of Websleuth's staff then by all means do so. It's likely to carry far more weight if delivered by old hands, rather than a Johnny-come-lately poster.

I think it's something that would take a lot of work, as some red flags are presumably far more important than others and so any scoring system would have to be weighted. That, I'm sure, would involve a great deal of heated debate. It's not something I am at all qualified to contribute to.

For some reason EPCSO didn't ask for tips or list the tip number on today's update. Wishing it was because they aren't needed anymore. But that is most likely just my wishful thinking...

I was thinking the same thing

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
Update on Search for Gannon: Search efforts continued in Southern Douglas County with 82 people assisting including @DCSARColorado, @epcsar and Arapahoe County SAR. We have received 555 tips to date. #FindGannon #bringgannonhome

EQ792ARU0AIpwJ8.jpg

4:20 PM - 16 Feb 2020

ETA: Confirming 555 tips is not an error -- count was 540 on Saturday.

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
We have received 540 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence. INFO: Call 719-520-6666. #FindGannon https://bit.ly/39E3D7a

EQ2j0LaU8AEEi83.jpg

3:08 PM - 15 Feb 2020

Take note that EPCSO did tweet the increased tip count from Saturday to Sunday and also posted the tip phone number.

As this is a 3 day weekend, maybe alternate staff made the fb post and omitting phone number an oversight. I wouldn't read anything into this-- and especially not that tips are no longer being sought.

Technically MOO her defense attorney will be from the public defender office of the El Paso Court if she needs it.
Public defender salaries typically 48-80k a year.
Paying for a private attorney for a murder defense typically runs 100k.
and if it goes to a DP case what do you estimate the costs would be?

I think you’re spot on about the cut story, in that she was trying to protect herself in the event law enforcement found blood in the garage

sbm

I had the same concern about "pre-splaining" the cut, so I asked a question about whether the issue had previously been raised on social media. That question was deleted as a violation of SM TOS, but I did get an answer.

SM could have driven to many locations that Monday, stopping at each for a period of time (10-20 minutes each?) and maybe only one location might contain precious and/or relevant evidence.

The *advertiser censored* and Go report: I am not sure who originally reported the sighting. Given what little has been reported about it I can only assume LE drove SM to the store to view surveillance video to confirm whether or not it was GS. There was video of a child at the location so I wonder by whom and how that 'sighting' was reported?

Was it a friend or stranger who contacted SM or LE about the sighting? If so, how did they know GS was missing?
"Deputies told 11 News that Gannon Stauch was last seen Monday night at the *advertiser censored* & Go convenience store at Mesa Ridge Parkway. He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans and left his home on foot. However, the sheriff's office later learned the sighting was incorrect. The mom reviewed surveillance footage and confirmed that was not her son.

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away."

MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

Thanks, I was not aware of that (regarding Peter Hyatt). Actually I have no experience with any of this sort of thing and most of what I post is likely to be typical of newbies. I just watch far too much crime stuff on Youtube, when I should really be doing something more productive!

If established members of the forum want to pass on what I wrote to suitable members of Websleuth's staff then by all means do so. It's likely to carry far more weight if delivered by old hands, rather than a Johnny-come-lately poster.

I think it's something that would take a lot of work, as some red flags are presumably far more important than others and so any scoring system would have to be weighted. That, I'm sure, would involve a great deal of heated debate. It's not something I am at all qualified to contribute to.

Welcome to WS @go997 and thanks for actively following Gannon's case and sharing your ideas as well.

As a newbie - take note that @Tricia is known to make exceptions to some of her rules for the site so don't hesitate to reach out anytime. I think you stated your idea in your post very clearly and should give yourself more credit. :)

I was driving somewhere yesterday with my daughter (27) and we were chatting away as always... I was talking about a 'celebrity' here in the UK called Caroline Flack who committed suicide and my daughter said 'mum, you just proved a point about Gannons Stepmom ... you KNOW Caroline is dead and yet you've just said 3 or 4 sentences about her in present tense' ... Stepmom used past tense SO many times when she spoke about Gannon, on the back to camera interview and in her social media posts'

I'm so frustrated following this case! No Gannon, no arrests, no POI, no appeal for particular information - 'did you see this truck' etc

I cannot fathom how Gannons Mom and Dad address keeping going ...

"Pre-splain" is such a great word and useful concept! I never quite had vocabulary for it but this behavior makes any reasonable person feel suspicious and manipulated. Well, if you're still friends with the ex, please do thank him for us! If not, at least he left you one good thing: PRE-SPLAIN! :D

oh, by ex, I meant former law enforcement. He is still 100% mine (just celebrated 33 years together, 30 years married). He’s not on WS but is an excellent sounding board on certain cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member