FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Back in Tallahassee with Mommy, Katie and Tato!

Smug. Seems to be doing well in South Dakota, we'll see if he gets to return there post-trial, or if they'll deposit him back into a FL DC prison. It's been said before but in the court room will likely be the last time he ever sees his mother in person again.

Last edited:
In his example, I believe the person was accused of doing something by the patient, and the Board found that he had done something wrong. This, in my opinion, is different than someone deciding to go to the authorities themselves about a crime.

Charlie seems to elide this difference when he says the dentist should never have gone to the Board, and so he shouldn’t go to the cops. In my experience, dentists don’t “go to” the Board of Dentistry about a patient, I believe it’s the other way around. And yet, in this call, Charlie appears to be saying the situations are exactly the same, him going to the cops, or him going to the Board of Dentistry.

In the example, it would appear to me that the dentist has actually done something wrong or is being accused of doing something wrong. Charlie, as I understand it, is not being accused of anything at this point, so the situation is, allegedly, completely different.
You are right but I think he is putting himself in the equation as a dentist, yet also identifying as the patient at the same time. So he is looking at himself as the victim (patient) even though he is a dentist and would be the one in trouble.
Smug. Seems to be doing well in South Dakota, we'll see if he gets to return there post-trial, or if they'll deposit him back into a FL DC prison. It's been said before but in the court room will likely be the last time he ever sees his mother in person again.
They have a really good commissary/canteen there. Much better food than Florida there. But only margarine with the meals. I was surprised > i kinda like looking at prison food. You can get decent protein at canteen. Canned Mackarel (Maybe getting more omega 3’s (Vit D) then before.., sardines, salmon , tuna..nuts, sunflower seeds. Turkey Jambalaya annd charbroiled patty.. And also Metamucil to keep you regular lol-and acoustic and electric guitar strings….Kosher bread must be ordered a week in advance!

Compare what they can get here to supplement their diet compared to Florida. It’s like night and day. With money, you can actually eat pretty well.

Last edited:
So, I’m bored and decided to watch a Netflix documentary on a missing girl from the 80’s and all of a sudden this site comes on!!! Someone in 2009 found Websleuth..lol. It’s good so far. What a coincidence.

How does the request for 2 suitcases go? Is it different in every jurisdiction?

Lori Vallow wasn’t happy about wearing prison garb but she made up for it with hair products.

Is he smiling for us - for the public? (The ' haters' )

Last inmate I saw smile in mugshots was Lori Vallow and she's not playing with a full deck of cards

I’d say yes to the above> and Harvey would have known about it. It’s an employee. He has an accountant. Payroll taxes, etc. Unless Donna was just writing checks and it wasn’t payroll -But to get the health insurance it would have to be.
No, you don’t have to supply checks. The employer fills out paperwork to confirm employment.
Gov paperwork.
You state the hours and weekly salary.
Some employees don’t want a raise or they’d lose the benefit of practically free health insurance.
And the employees get 100% of their taxes back at the end of the year. (Single mothers)
It’s an Obamacare plan.
Many single mothers work in Medical offices in Florida for the same benefits -part time.
They also get free day care for the kids and then aftercare (when school gets out).
If they don’t work, they aren't eligible. But usually minimum wage and not full time.
It’s great for them if they work for a Dr who pays them well part time. So they don’t have to work a 40 hour work week which is why a physicians office is best.
Many of these girls work by day as receptionists, and as bottle girls on the weekends. And make tons of cash.

About your Q about the plan. They are very good plans. In fact, most people not on gov assistance have plans with high deductibles that first need to be met, these plans do not. They rarely go to Drs because of that. The plan KM had probably had no deductible and very low co-payments. Basically free but she still needed to show employment.
It’s not the old Medicaid plans of 40 years ago.
KNITPICKER Thank you immensely for this clear explanation! It helped me (and no doubt others) to understand just how informed (creative? clever? or smart?) some people can get to make the "appearance" of financial need. Katie could have worked as a receptionist at a medical office and qualified for low cost health insurance? But, she chose/asked CA & DA to falsely put her on payroll two months after the murder.
To quote the lovely Yindra (kudos to the sweet lady), "Actions have consequences."
My opinion: The program probably incentivized a lot of hard working, low wage earning parents to eschew welfare, get on-the-job training, affordable daycare and decent health care. I hope it continues for those who actually need the help.

Good catch @newbysleuther!
I repost the booking photo with the booking date 9/13/2024.
View attachment 531051

KNITPICKER Thank you immensely for this clear explanation! It helped me (and no doubt others) to understand just how informed (creative? clever? or smart?) some people can get to make the "appearance" of financial need. Katie could have worked as a receptionist at a medical office and qualified for low cost health insurance? But, she chose/asked CA & DA to falsely put her on payroll two months after the murder.
To quote the lovely Yindra (kudos to the sweet lady), "Actions have consequences."
My opinion: The program probably incentivized a lot of hard working, low wage earning parents to eschew welfare, get on-the-job training, affordable daycare and decent health care. I hope it continues for those who actually need the help.
Sadly, although one would think such work would enable mothers to afford a better life, it is my understanding that these laws usually provide that the aid stops when your income rises above a certain amount, and that amount is usually still too small to live on. The result is often that women can end up working full time without making enough money for child care and without qualifying for any government aid to help with that.

Last edited:
Sadly, although one would think such work would enable mothers to afford a better life, it is my understanding that these laws usually provide that the aid stops when your income rises above a certain amount, and that amount is usually still too small to live on. The result is often that women can end up working full time without making enough money for child care and without qualifying for any government aid to help with that.
That hasn’t been my experience as an employer in S Florida for 35 years.
There are many in dire need, but there are many who live with the fathers of their children who have good paying jobs, but they don’t marry bc they lose their benefits as a single mother. They would lose the food stamps, almost free healthcare, free housing, etc. I had an unmarried employee with a husband who was as an engineer-they had 2 small kids-he was earning a VERY good living, and she had one of the 22.00 a month health care plans she really wasn’t entitled to if she was married. It is more common than you think to do this. Yes there are those who legitimately are getting benefits. MARRIED middle income homes are hit the hardest. I have a good friend who has worked for the Gov in this respect for 40 years also and she has told me many stories of how people “beat the system”. Marriage has become detrimental to getting “aid’ for many.

I also explained that they do not WANT to work over a certain amount because then they would lose a lot of their benefits. I have asked employees to work more hours or wanted to give them a raise and they refused me saying they will lose the free aftercare for their kids or their premium for their health plan will increase if they make more. For years I had wondered why, until I found out. Married couples file joint tax returns. If they were married and did this, they will lose a lot of what they are getting. To many it is calculated, to others not.I am not judging anyone, I am just stating facts. Healthcare is very expensive to married couples and many couples I know have the wife working JUST to pay their health insurance.

Last edited:
That hasn’t been my experience as an employer in S Florida for 35 years.
There are many in dire need, but there are many who live with the fathers of their children who have good paying jobs, but they don’t marry bc they lose their benefits as a single mother. They would lose the food stamps, almost free healthcare, free housing, etc. I had an unmarried employee with a husband who was as an engineer-they had 2 small kids-he was earning a VERY good living, and she had one of the 22.00 a month health care plans she really wasn’t entitled to if she was married. It is more common than you think to do this. Yes there are those who legitimately are getting benefits. MARRIED middle income homes are hit the hardest. I have a good friend who has worked for the Gov in this respect for 40 years also and she has told me many stories of how people “beat the system”. Marriage has become detrimental to getting “aid’ for many.

I also explained that they do not WANT to work over a certain amount because then they would lose a lot of their benefits. I have asked employees to work more hours or wanted to give them a raise and they refused me saying they will lose the free aftercare for their kids or their premium for their health plan will increase if they make more. For years I had wondered why, until I found out. Married couples file joint tax returns. If they were married and did this, they will lose a lot of what they are getting. To many it is calculated, to others not.I am not judging anyone, I am just stating facts. Healthcare is very expensive to married couples and many couples I know have the wife working JUST to pay their health insurance.
Good points, but I’ve also heard that they don’t want to work more because if they lose the benefits they still don’t make enough to live. But I don’t employ people, it sounds like you see it every day. I think it’s ok to give people handouts without conditions, I realize that’s a controversial view.

People do what they can, and cheaters are gonna cheat. It’s the children who suffer. Both parents shouldn’t have to be away from them all day just so one parent can get health insurance. Anyway, we’ve gone off topic.

Last edited:
I think it was almost a year ago that DA was crying down the phone to CA, she'd hoped the family would all be together again, but he got convicted. Now during her trial, she finally gets her wish.

They have a really good commissary/canteen there. Much better food than Florida there. But only margarine with the meals. I was surprised > i kinda like looking at prison food..
There's an IGer that does videos on prison food. TBH I ate a lot worse when I was at uni (college). Not sure what those prison guys ate outside of prison, sure it wasn't lobster every night...

Good points, but I’ve also heard that they don’t want to work more because if they lose the benefits they still don’t make enough to live. But I don’t employ people, it sounds like you see it every day. I just think it’s ok to give people handouts, I realize that’s a controversial view.

People do what they can, and cheaters are gonna cheat. It’s the children who suffer. Both parents shouldn’t have to be away from them all day just so one parent can get health insurance. Anyway, we’ve gone off topic.
Well the topic started with Katie getting paid from the Adelsons because she needed health insurance. Many people don’t understand how that works in Florida. I didn’t fully understand it until many years when employees did not want a raise or would not wrk more hours. So I learned. And as I said many were living with their boyfriends and not married. Marriage is a deterrent in this regard as I was trying to say. But yes, the subject has been exhausted by me. The topic of marriage is really the issue in my examples.

There's an IGer that does videos on prison food. TBH I ate a lot worse when I was at uni (college). Not sure what those prison guys ate outside of prison, sure it wasn't lobster every night...
Lol. College. In SD, I was surprised you could eat 4 kinds of high omega 3 fish there in canteen. Vitamin D (from fish oils) is really important for the immune system and mental status.(and other things) Maybe where Charlie is getting his protein. Could be his money is helping him with inmates since theres such good stuff to buy. (Compared to other prisons). So in that regard it could be better. I don’t do instagram. Already trapped on YT , websleuth and Reddit!

Is he smiling for us - for the public? (The ' haters' )

Last inmate I saw smile in mugshots was Lori Vallow and she's not playing with a full deck of cards
I said I have been very concerned since two witnesses were on STS the other night that it could open the door for his defense to file something regarding his conviction. Then to see this purposeful, smug grin made me really concerned. I hope that a defense attorney can give us some guidance.

My other thought was that Joel is always in touch with Ruth. I find it hard to believe that he would do something that could potentially jeopardize either case. Also, Tim J was on the next day discussing it and didn't say anything bad about that. But it makes me very nervous anytime anyone from a case speaks whether it's a juror or a witness.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litewrker23
Back