Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, I like how you think outside the box! And we may need to, for sure.

The thing about the vid though....seems to me, if that copy we were shown wasn't actually Monday, I think we'd have heard all about it from LS in her "statement"....instead, she didn't dispute it being that day....just made silly comments about how it was shadowy and needed enhancing by special equipment (apparently forgetting that an original exists and is in the hands of LE.)

MOO
Thank you, Blue Ridge! I appreciate that.
WRT the video, though, if LS were to start mouthing off on that she may just open up a can of worms that she cannot further explain, IMO only, of course!
And then, we have seen how she has ranted about "get the facts!!" and has alluded to "other video" which, of course, she cannot speak about because, well, you know, the whole investigation thing..... (insert eye roll right here)
She won't dispute that day, IMO, if she truly thinks that LE and the rest of the world are on the wrong track by believing, hypothetically, that he actually went missing overnight from Sunday.
Just my thoughts. And ALL MOO...

Last edited:
Because that would require empathy for TS.
I respectfully disagree - while sentiment is not in her favor in the public eye, such an outrageous spectacle, if true, would make for sensational news stories and fodder online. It simply did not happen that way IMO. I am also willing to bet that, given her propensity for exaggeration so far and the professional interviews we have heard from other cases in CO, interview room tapes and body cam footage will one day prove she was never blocked from leaving, drinking, using the restroom, nor was this encounter with her daughter what she claims. MOO. They will have the tapes.

A couple of odd things about LS's last statement (given to Fox31):

She makes her mention of the person that might have been with Gannon gender-neutral. She says she gave a description to LE on "day one" but does not give the public even a shred of a clue to help locate this person (and Gannon). No age, no gender, nothing.

Later in the statement she implies that it was a "he," possibly sent by someone else.

"Last they have more in-depth details that go along with this pointing to who sent the person or why he may have come."

My best guess is that she's trying to imply that maybe LH sent a mystery man to abduct Gannon. Her pointing the finger at LH seems to be a pattern that's gone on for years.

One of my kiddos has IBS. They take Miralax & one other med daily. It balances everything out. Miralax is essentially harmless taken daily at the correct dosage.
The first mention of Gannon having to take it, how he was so tiny at birth, made me cry....his disappearance hits so close to home for me in so many ways:(
Where are you, buddy????:(
MOO

Okay, that's a bit different than what I'm thinking as Gannon is well past age three and SM was not in charge of potty-training. But still interesting info to note.

I think the constipation is something that developed in the years he has been living with her. And I think it developed out as a way of him quietly and personally asserting control and also "disappearing" himself by not even making waves enough to use the toilet. Perhaps there were toilet issues as some point that she made into a drama-queen scene and humiliated him - I could see that. I can't picture her as being kind and supportive - but resentful and spiteful - when dealing with a health issue, and that just might cause him to withhold bowel movements all the more.

Again, this is my opinion, not a medical diagnosis or something supported with a link. Just an idea.

Could be they just ate too much Burger King and things get clogged up. IDK.

jmopinion

In my opinion.....constipation was never an issue at all in this case.

An explanation / excuse for a child doubled over seemingly in pain in case he was seen?

MOO

ETA:. Or.... possibly, the excuse to use to call him in absent from school....(although I have no idea if he was called in sick or not).

MOO

Last edited:
My theory is similar, except in my version she gravely injured him Sunday evening and realized she would need to “take care of it” so not to be found out. Overnight Sunday night/early Monday she prepared the dump site then Gannon did leave with her on Monday morning.

I also think she had a week to finish the disposal/destroy evidence prior to the video being found.

JMO

BBM - this makes sense to me, too, and may even be more plausible than my speculations.
LE have said that the timeline needs to be looked at. They know, I'm sure.
We don't know what they know and LS doesn't know how much they know. However, IMO, she believes every bit of cr@p that she has either made up in her own head or said out loud.

It's actually not a dump but a disposal and recycling center that you have to pay for. A receipt would give an excuse for being in the area tho. And is only approximately 6 miles from the staging site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-093521.png
    Screenshot_20200217-093521.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 13
Article Quote: [The sheriff's office said Feb. 10 that they do have persons of interests, defined as "anyone with information as to Gannon's whereabouts or what lead up to his disappearance."] oh, if those walls could talk.
I also found this very interesting (bottom of article):
“His youth pastor and others who know him described the boy as sweet and kindhearted with an independent streak.”

independent streak? I hope it didn’t push Ls over the edge. Her interview is creepy and unnatural.

I respectfully disagree - while sentiment is not in her favor in the public eye, such an outrageous spectacle, if true, would make for sensational news stories and fodder online. It simply did not happen that way IMO. I am also willing to bet that, given her propensity for exaggeration so far and the professional interviews we have heard from other cases in CO, interview room tapes and body cam footage will one day prove she was never blocked from leaving, drinking, using the restroom, nor was this encounter with her daughter what she claims. MOO. They will have the tapes.
It so happens I agree with you except I do believe a lack of empathy for TS is at the root of lack of interest in what she claims happened.

my thoughts exactly, this is about Gannon and only Gannon,There will be plenty of time to talk about everything else after he is found.

I am also in the camp that the alleged Marshall's incident was nothing like TS describes. If it even happened at all. I can see TS being mouthy, I seriously doubt guns were drawn at Marshall's.

The local reporters have been very invested in this case and following it closely. I am sure this was asked about after TS talked about it and if would have been all over the media if it happened like that, even if Marshall's said can't comment and LE said can't comment. The reporters would have said something about it if there was one iota of truth, right?

Does anyone have a line to a local reporter to ask if they've been able to verify the Guns Drawn At Marshall's Showdown Over Keys?

Wow, I hadn’t seen footage of garage before. I was picturing a mess of woodworking tools all over the floor-not that I believe he cut his foot in the garage.

I thought she’d at least make it look messy, but I guess she wasn’t able to since she seems to be making explanations up on the fly.

I flip furniture as a hobby, and my garage is filled with woodworking tools, extra lumber, and a million other things here and there. I saw these garage pics before she made the baloney claim about Gannon cutting his foot in the garage because AS leaves his tools laying around (don't you just love how she blames others so seemlessly?).

I knew then she was lying. I see a table saw in that pic, possibly a lathe, hard to tell, and some household junk here and there, and some lumber on the floor. Actually much cleaner than my own garage. Not a hard & fast rule of course, but most people who invest in quality woodworking tools (they're not cheap, kids) keep them in some sort of organized pegboard/wall/shelving system. They're not generally on the floor of the shop/garage. In my experience, that is.

That’s something that has bothered me about this location since the search began. Of course any vehicle would be fine on Highway 105, a two-lane paved road.

But all side roads where they are searching are driveways to private homes. The homes are on large acreage (35-40 acres) but it seems risky to dump a body or evidence (or heaven forbid, commit a murder) in that area in the middle of the day. There might have been isolated spots that wouldn’t be seen from the highway or a house but you would have to be fully aware of every line of sight to your location.

To answer your question, either vehicle would have been fine on the highway or driveways that day since the weather was nice and there wasn’t snow on the ground.
I didn’t realize there was no snow on the ground there, that day. Good to know. Was there a snow soon after this day?

Another thing that puzzles me based on your description, is if a body was dumped here, and there was such visibility from roads or houses...wouldn’t animal wild life activity attract attention, or smells?

I’m wondering if some kind of container or bag was used for concealment.

Thank you for continuing to be our local eyes and ears. Much appreciated.

Hoping today is the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member