Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the things that I don't understand...and it may have already been covered and I just sped read through it. G is missing and the weather has turned bad through the last 21 days. Why do they not have a public request for the entire community to check their yards, storage building, crawl spaces, well buildings, etc. Also, how about a public request for citizens to check their trail cams etc. Especially on the days back at the beginning. I don't know...just thinking about Gman. Hoping he comes home soon!
Have they done that for all the other kids that recently went missing or all kids who went missing there
in last few years?

Hey...What...Wait.. The interview??? Who was it?? I can't access that site unfortunately but doesn't seem I missed much..!!
yes, the news segment that Nicole Fierro had teased earlier today. It will be on again at 5, Colorado time, about 1/2 hour from now.

I should have grabbed a screenshot! I can't remember the woman's name. She is a friend of the family. There was a caption, "Spokesperson for Stauch family" or something like that. They interview was done near the search site. There was no new info, IMO.

I wonder if you'd be able to watch it on the KDVR Facebook page? I'm sure it will be posted later.

Channel 2 Live Stream

Did anyone else catch the segment? It was very brief. Basically saying Gannon's family is hopeful and will be devastated if there is bad news.

What? No. You don't say! Hm. Duh.
I went in immediately after your post and have now seen 2 entirely different story feeds....not anything about Gannon. We missed the window here I think. The station has moved on.

ETA...but this icon should work for the channel 31 at 5:30 update.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I just signed up but have been lurking for a few days reading probably hundreds of pages now and have many pages opened trying to catch up and keep up.

From the beginning I agreed with most of the people in here and everywhere else, that she killed the boy, after the neighbor video, there was no question or doubt in my mind. I saw a few posts from some members saying he was being kept away and not killed. Then I wondered, but why?? For what reason? I kept reading and I came across a post explaining the theory from a member who does not believe the stepmom killed G. I got the answer from that to the "why". Attention, money who knows if you're a narcissist. And how she planned one thing, but that it totally backfired on her.

One thing that has always stood out to me and bothered me from the beginning and didn't seem to quite fit and that I could not understand and probably is highly unusual when someone kills a child, is to call the police so soon after the child isn't back home yet and call it in as a "runaway" I kept wondering why she would do that and not wait much longer, which no one would question cause 11 yr old boys off with a friend could be hours and hours late and it would be normal. I believe it was 2 hours after she claims she last saw the boy, as if she could not wait to put her scheme into motion. Wouldn't she want as much time to go by as possible? And to have everyone frantically assuming the boy was abducted so they can be running around looking for suspicious vehicles, and people and databases of known criminal etc?

Hoaxes are becoming more and more commonplace and the stepmom comes off like the type who just might do this. Also would explain why she doesn't even pretend to be worried really and is focused mostly on herself. A killer would be focused on pretending to being loving and worried I think. Well, I hope this to be true!

Nice first post, and welcome magnetic! We posted similar thoughts at the same time.

I'm not a psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night; and I am puzzled by the SM's behavior. It is bizarre, selfish, and childish, and I read her like she feels like she has a hidden ace that she can't pull out right now. Excessive confidence in the face of damning circumstantial evidence. But what is her hidden ace? Was GS alive the last time the SM saw him?

Now I'm not saying it is likely, but I think things might get murkier before they get clearer. Keeping an open mind for once...

Well,, Now I need to go make another Hot Toddy as the one I was sipping is now, SPEWED ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD as I Laughed and snorted at this post.
Thanks for the giggles and laughs at this time because, honestly, I have been reading and watching news all day with a sad heart.

Last edited:
I hope everyone continues to use extreme caution while driving through this area. IMO, it’s a risky location for these searchers/investigators to be working, while traffic is passing through so close.
I worry about distracted drivers & accidents.

yes, the news segment that Nicole Fierro had teased earlier today. It will be on again at 5, Colorado time, about 1/2 hour from now.

I should have grabbed a screenshot! I can't remember the woman's name. She is a friend of the family. There was a caption, "Spokesperson for Stauch family" or something like that. They interview was done near the search site. There was no new info, IMO.

I wonder if you'd be able to watch it on the KDVR Facebook page? I'm sure it will be posted later.
Thank you RasberryMama, much appreciated :) Most things have been on other channels that are not geolocked so I havn't even thought about trying on FB. I have not logged into my FB account for around a year now ergh!! But if I have to resort to it for up to date new on Gannon I might just brave it lol o_O

Yeah, she had several hours to work with, and could have covered a lot of ground in any direction.

For law enforcement to be focusing on a particular area 40 miles away from home, just has to be a sign of a solid lead. There’s no other logical reason for that behavior.

We’ve seen ground searches previously, but nothing remotely close to this. It’s like they are looking for something specific, and know it’s there.

Completely agree. The Spencer Wilson tweet says they've been sifting snow since Wednesday! We saw the poles and the shoulder-to-shoulder and other search activity commencing days ago, returning day after day, but I had no idea they were actually sifting for this many days as well.

"EPCSheriff confirmed they’ve been sifting snow since Wednesday, but couldn’t say how they choose which snow they to search."​

(italics mine).

Spencer Wilson on Twitter

Have they done that for all the other kids that recently went missing or all kids who went missing there
in last few years?
Many times they do. I believe in the beginning LE asked people to look around their property and view their surveillance cameras to see if they noticed anything suspicious or if any cameras had captured Gannon. Jmo

Nice first post, and welcome magnetic! We posted similar thoughts at the same time.

I'm not a psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night; and I am puzzled by the SM's behavior. It is bizarre, selfish, and childish, and I read her like she feels like she has a hidden ace that she can't pull out right now. Excessive confidence in the face of damning circumstantial evidence. But what is her hidden ace? Was GS alive the last time the SM saw him?

Now I'm not saying it is likely, but I think things might get murkier before they get clearer. Keeping an open mind for once...

Her “hidden ace,” may be her sense of confidence that Gannon’s body won’t be found. As Patrick Frazee believed, “no body, no crime.”

Of course Dan May proved him wrong on that one, to the tune of life plus 156 years. Unlike that case though, I believe his office will have the benefit of a body.

She just didn’t have that kind of time, nor is she as smart as she thinks she is.

They’ll find him, and she’s going down.

Yes, - I agree, something off (aside from the obvious!) with SM's behavior.

I've been poking along here following the rest of you - not much to add - though I've been wondering about motive

The statistics & demographics of this situation aren't typical. What's the motive?

Seems most believe that there was some abuse that needed to be covered up, which presumably could only be done so, by killing GS.

Certainly possible. But, I cannot help think there's something more going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77