Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Respectfully but vehemently disagree with this suggestion.

There is no evidence to suggest GS "ran away."

There is, in fact, direct evidence to the contrary.

Namely, he's seen leaving in the truck with TS that Monday morning, and TS returning to the house alone in the truck later on that afternoon.

That's why LE reclassified him to "missing endangered."

If he "ran away," LE would not be sifting through snow >40 miles away.

If he "ran away," CSIs would not have been seen carting brown bag after brown bag of evidence from the home.

If he "ran away," DA Dan May would not have gone to the house and stayed for an hour.

This suggestion that GS "ran away" originated from one person.

And it's as plain as the nose on Pinocchio's face:

She lies.

JMO.
Although I tend to believe he did come back to the house, he very well could have "run away" from the truck while she was doing the shopping errands we can't mention here.

Although I tend to believe he did come back to the house, he very well could have "run away" from the truck while she was doing the shopping errands we can't mention here.
THINKING ALONG THESE LINES...MOO

Someone wise said something similar on the Kelsey Berreth thread to what I’m going to say now:
If you take TS out of the equation Gannon would still be alive.

I'm not at all taking her out of the equation. I mentioned two scenarios, and she is right in the middle of both.

Just some thoughts -

As far as the family not keeping her in their sights to get info, again if she is anywhere on the NPD spectrum, these people are notorious for dramatic exits and blame-shifting that allows them to become the victim. It’s about avoiding being confronted with hard questions and being under scrutiny. They will then resort to strategies like triangulation and spotlight moments to gain control of the narrative and to scapegoat others, in order to diminish anything they might say to the contrary. They are famous for big storm-offs and peeling out of the driveway with their hair blowing. She’s not coming back even if she’s given a coronation.

As far as her abandoning Gannon as punishment or in an attempt to end his life, this kind of person has to always have control. I doubt that even in a fit of rage she’d leave a live victim to tell his story. Too much would be out of her control the minute she drove off.

I do not believe that LE wanted any part of that video released, for these reasons:
First, it’s a betrayal of public trust. LE has expressly said that information about the investigation will only come from them. Snippets of a video we can’t even see clearly, and entrusting a civilian with remarks to the press about what he saw, is just asking for more of the social media frenzy LE wants to avoid. There is no way that they’ve been this tight lipped, then said, “But the exception is critical video of Gannon and we’re handing that off to the neighbor to see if we can make LS nervous”. These are professionals on a mission to find objective information and credible evidence, not to watch her have another histrionic jaw flapping media moment.

We don’t know what happened. But we do know that her priority has been her story, not Gannon’s; her victimology, not what happened to Gannon; her ugly resentful remarks toward the mother (a cardinal and unforgivable sin when a mother’s child is missing), and toward Gannon, and Gannon has been cast as a character in her story where he’s responsible for making it home to vindicate her. “Me, My, I”.

Even if an army of pedophiles showed up that day to take that precious child, her behavior is well off the norm chart and she’s downright callous toward one of the most vulnerable victims - a child. Zero passes for that. Zero.

My little cousin “wandered away” when she was 12 years old. She’s 30 now and has a child of her own and a very successful career in counseling. At the time, she was upset at her mother, my aunt for taking away her cell phone and grounding her for bad grades. So, in her now infamous words, she wanted to “teach her mom a lesson for being mean to her” so she ran away! She was gone for two days before she was found at a friends house on a Sunday night...
I agree it could happen. What makes it so improbable is that no adult or child with whom he came into contact during his hide-out would keep quiet after all this time. Maybe someone would be idiotic enough to “help” him for a day or two. Beyond that, if the person truly felt he needed sheltered from an abusive home life, they would come forward to police and just say so. “Yeah, here he is. I let him sleep on our sofa last night. He says he’s scared to go home, so we took him in for a short time. We can’t protect him forever though, and since we saw it on the news this morning, we thought we’d better bring him in. Don’t make him go back to his bad situation though, please, he told us —— ——- —— happens at home...”

I will be the first to say “whoa did I have it so wrong.” if it doesn’t somehow center on her. But up to now I have zero information that would make me think he ran away or was abducted. Ze-ro. But there are statistics about who is responsible most of the time when someone is killed or disappeared.
DAs don’t go into missing children’s homes thinking they ran away or were abducted. IMHO

I am with you 110% And let me add this, everyone reacts to stress & situations differently, but if I put myself in her shoes with the 2 or 3 story variations that she's given so far, (left to play with a friend, ran away, stranger "sent by someone" came to pick him up) she still was the last one to see him in all of those scenarios. The last one to let him leave. So as a parent I put myself in that position and I would be riddled with guilt, in interviews I would be overcome with emotion and saying, "I should have never let him go to ____" "I wish I never let him go with ____. If I hadn't he would still be here." You know, taking at least some of the blame. There is NONE of that in interviews or SM, just a bunch of displaced blame, excuses, and a solicitation for an apology that she'll get when he comes back. I really want to be open minded, but I can think of many ways of responding to his disappearance as a parent or step parent, and all of them are vastly different & more helpful than she has been.

Granted, the location search sites don't easily tie in to the runaway theory, but, IMO, the "brown bag after brown bag" of evidence from the home doesn't easily tie in with a "killed him in the car & dumped him" theory. IMO, NONE of it is plain as day.
^^sbm

I believe the collection of evidence taken from the home (brown bags) by investigators collected to reveal any current or previous signs of physical abuse or injury in addition to any forensic evidence, gather information about an alleged fire, obtain prints/DNA of known and unknown individuals that were inside the residence, garage -- and/or anything to rule or rule out certain individuals.

Also, if the driveway surveillance footage of GS getting in sm's truck is true and believed the last known sighting of GS alive-- then it follows that GS was not incapacitated inside his home.

MOO

Someone wise said something similar on the Kelsey Berreth thread to what I’m going to say now:
If you take TS out of the equation Gannon would still be alive.
Bolded and Reddened by me:

Outstanding point, and an outstanding post!

This statement in red you've just quoted, which many of us recognize as being a truncated version of the infamous "MassGuy Theorem," applies as equally here in GS's case as it did in KB's.

Every once in a (great) while, @MassGuy (occasionally) outdoes himself.

He did it with that simple, yet brilliant, analysis in the Kelsey case.

Last edited:
This made my heart sink. :(

It definitely is a bummer they didn't find him, but I'm optimistic they have reason to call off the search in this particular area for now. Whether it's because there are other areas of interest, they found what they were looking for, or because new information has come to light/taken priority. "Fluid investigation" and all.

I think any of the above are possible tho unlikely. I think most 11 year olds would have gotten scared, hungry, cold enough to come home tho. I think LE would have enough to go on if they believe an abduction occurred and this case would now be upgraded to kidnapping. Accident from snow plow? Maybe but then why would they be looking so far from home? Surely he wouldn’t have walked that far and no one noticed? If anything I could see him heading south home to Mommy. Moo

I don’t think hiding is at all possible. He’s a kid. It’s freezing. It’s impossible, IMO.

IMO a body off of Spruce Mountain would be very visible from many/most of the areas--much/most of the cliff structure is just sheer sandstone. That LE isn't looking on Spruce Mt but around Spruce Mt, or rather, the Spruce Mt vicinity speaks volumes I think. Plus, I agree, the "escape route" through Noe Road just sounds a bit too much. There are plenty of homes in that area, as desolate as some photos may make it appear.

Hmmm. I think the only way a body would be visible is if someone walked up the edge where he was dumped or if someone actually saw her do it. There isn't access to the bottom of the cliffs and with trees on the side of the mountain, I'm not sure he would be that obvious. And FWIW, Noe Road is .8 mile from the trailhead. LE seems to have a reason to believe items were dumped along Noe Road.

I agree that the most likely reason this isn't a likely scenario is that LE isn't searching there.

I'd be curious if TS always has difficulties backing up into her driveway or if there was some reason she seemed to have difficulties on 1/27.
I should have written I think more than one person has knowledge of Gannon's disappearance. I think SM's daughter does. I'm sorry for any confusion. MOO

Do we know if SM's older daughter is over the age of 18?

11 year old's do not "wander away" as toddlers do not "run away".

The original video should present a clear detailed recording and have sound. A clear bright view with no room for error mistaking the two people getting into that truck when it left and the one person getting out when it returned.

Dingdingding!!

IMO, we have two winners! Nicely succinct.

We can come up with theories till the cows come home but the truth always seems to be the most simple thing that comes to mind.

Gannon caused a little accident, TS got mad and flew off the handle, she ranted and she raved, she hit Gannon, she yelled, look what you have done, how many times have I told you not to play with fire, it got out of hand, her temper exploded, im sure their was trouble in her marriage even at that time and all her pent up rage came pouring out, Gannon got hurt, she knew he would tell, she possibly took his phone so he wouldn't, couldn't text his Dad or his Mom about what was going on, that's why he didn't have it.....

she realizes as she calms down what she just did, Gannon is hurt, cant take him to the doctor, cant let his Dad know, what can I do?
Ive got to get out of this somehow, and she did what a unstable person does when they know whats coming, she faked his disappearance, she did it and now she is stuck with it...….IMO..

I just hope he is found, I pray he is found,!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum