Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use this site to check road conditions and alerts regularly. It's run by the Colorado dept of transportation., not Google. My phone is Android, Google does track me, at least when I remember to take my phone.
I know it's not Google, but Google knew I was googling things similar and presented this site as a gift to me.:D

But in your long, weird, drawn out way of saying basically if we discount everything we know about this case, T was innocent, it still begs the question WHERE IS GANNON? Based on her many, convoluted stories, we have no clue. She has been of no possible help. And her stories expect us to put away all intelligence and thinking to get to her being innocent.

Not just innocent, but had GOOD intentions, perhaps. Unless it was a reference to someone else.

Forecasting weather here is iffy. Like really iffy. They will say we are getting an inch and we get a foot. They tell us a blizzard is coming and we get a flake. It happens often. Like the weather people all joke about it because they do their best, but this location here, around the Palmer Divide, you might as well flip a coin. You will get about the same results.

Yep! I lived in Colorado for 10 years, 5 of those in The Springs. I used to joke about the unpredictable weather and temperatures all the time. When people came to visit, I always reminded them to dress in layers because the weather can change on a dime! I would say “You freeze and burn and freeze and burn”. It’s unfortunate that the weather is making this search and investigation more difficult. :(

I’m sure they do. Everything likely began there.

She went out of her way to explain potential blood evidence, so it makes sense that an act of violence occurred.

The CSI team hasn’t made multiple trips for no reason.
BBM:

They must be triple checking under his bed and in the closets.

Y'know, just to make sure he didn't sneak back in the house after running away or something.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, long time listener, first time caller. I’m honored to officially become part of the Websleuths community.

I’ve been very hesitant to post by thoughts on Gannons case both out of the potentially sensitive nature of the investigation and the backlash that surely comes with anyone daring to suggest LS/TS/SM is anything less than a suspect in Gannons disappearance.

So let me begin by stating my disgust toward anyone assuming his death and assuming her guilt. This community is better than that. Other than the amount of time passed, there is literally nothing, NOTHING that suggests he is dead. This includes LE statements and actions. I will admit that I felt pessimistic about the direction/outcome of this case until I realized NONE of the FACTS tell us to feel that way. LE, despite what seems like common logic, isn’t even designating it a criminal investigation.

If anyone else felt like there were more questions than answers as the investigation moves forward, replace the assumption that LS harmed him with the assumption he’s alive. There are far fewer circumstances where this makes sense but an interesting thing begins to happen with this assumption...not only are there less questions, there’s hardly any questions at all and things begin to look crystal clear. JMHO.

IMO there are two scenarios we are dealing with and BOTH involve apologies to LS.

We’ve been given a lot of bones to ignore the steak.

Before I get toasted to oblivion from the pitchfork wielding mob against LS, do not forget we are not far removed from Shane Carey being all but convicted in the public eye and did a darn good job at making himself look that way, intended or not. LE is not dumb, they will misdirect intentionally to preserve the integrity of the investigation and they are most likely to do this when they think the victim is alive.

Whether you agree or not, I encourage everyone to at least pretend to have a little hope. 7,000+ investigative hours can’t be discounted just because we haven’t heard what we want to hear. IMO
To believe that a crime was not committed, TS is not responsible, and Gannon is still alive, requires me to to ignore both evidence and common sense.

Everything makes sense to me if she is responsible, and nothing makes sense if she is not.

To imply that it’s crazy for people to see things differently from yourself, and pretend that evidence does not exist, is in a word, “gaslighting.”

It’s also monstrously arrogant, and shockingly transparent.

Similar to the way TS has shown herself to be. The way I see it, she’s either a horrible mother, or a vile child killer.

Regardless, no apology will be forthcoming. Sorry, not sorry.

We may be astounded when we discover the magnitude of the warrants in this case.

Also, given how she presents herself, there is a possibility, bizarre as it may seem, that she volunteered a DNA sample.
Good grief. When this is all over, someone’s gonna have to come up with a list of her anomalies for a psych research paper. I don’t know what in tarnation that chick has going on upstairs in that dysfunctional mind of hers. I’m waiting for her to request to self represent calling her star witness - the boogeyman.

Gitana great post!!! And I want to add, how convient for someone to lead astray the discussion of Gannon. Causing the discussion to be confused and disoriented...

Good point, similar to the Chewbacca Defense. Maybe the crime lab back at the house is big news, and this post is distracting to distract?

I'm confused by these words. Gannon was not living with Hiott when this happened, correct? I thought she was remarried and lived in SC with her current husband and a younger child and that Gannon and his sister (Hiott's older daughter) lived in Colorado with the dad and stepmom. Am I wrong? Does she mean he was always hurting even before this horrible turn of events??
She spoke to him every night, or almost every night. So now he has been cut off from that communication. Of course she would assume he was hurting as much as she is. :(

I know a lot of people, including myself, are hoping RD has many more moments captured that we can’t be privy to right now. He may end up our silent hero here.

I need a million like buttons for this. I don’t agree with his speaking to the media. However, I 100% believe he is already in a small way a hero. If he hadn’t gone back and checked that footage...if it had timed out...I believe that man and whatever footage he has given to LE is going to be critical in bringing Gannon home.

Edit to add: I also think RD’s footage (and any other neighbor’s footage) were pivotal in establishing a timeline, and will be instrumental at trial.
MOO

Last edited:
Everything I’m seeing tells me that they know who did it.

From their messaging, to DA May actually visiting the house, to the described treatment of the SM by police (her interview).

Their alleged reaction to the truck video (this is the break we needed), to their response to media questions asking for their take on it.

I mean, she left with him, and only she returned. That’s not a hard puzzle to put together (that she did something nefarious), especially with the rest of it. It’s a matter of proving exactly what happened.

Not only am I seeing no indication they are lost, but I’m seeing the exact opposite. It may take time, but they’ll get there.

I don't want to "like" this because of what it means for Gannon, but I agree with everything you said MassGuy. For Gannon & his parents, and all of us the waiting is excruciating. The only thing that is keeps me from going crazy is telling myself that they need the time to get everything just right to make a strong case.

I need a million like buttons for this. I don’t agree with his speaking to the media. However, I 100% believe he is already in a small way a hero. If he hadn’t gone back and checked that footage...if it had timed out...

YES!! Just curious as we don't have a camera at our house, how long do they store the footage for?

I understand. But the way the release was worded and LE saying it isn't a criminal case just makes me wonder if there are steps they legally have to take in order to get that dna.
They need to have probable cause to get a warrant to search for certain things in the house. So they must have had a good reason.

Either way, since TS lives in the house her DNA is probably everywhere. It would only point to a crime if they found a victims blood with her blood mixed with it, or something like that. At least that's how I understand it.

As far as a criminal investigation goes, LE does not always tell the public the status of an investigation. They have said there is a "parallel" investigation along with the missing persons investigation, which may have a criminal element and they are just not saying.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member