Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, long time listener, first time caller. I’m honored to officially become part of the Websleuths community.

I’ve been very hesitant to post by thoughts on Gannons case both out of the potentially sensitive nature of the investigation and the backlash that surely comes with anyone daring to suggest LS/TS/SM is anything less than a suspect in Gannons disappearance.

So let me begin by stating my disgust toward anyone assuming his death and assuming her guilt. This community is better than that. Other than the amount of time passed, there is literally nothing, NOTHING that suggests he is dead. This includes LE statements and actions. I will admit that I felt pessimistic about the direction/outcome of this case until I realized NONE of the FACTS tell us to feel that way. LE, despite what seems like common logic, isn’t even designating it a criminal investigation.

If anyone else felt like there were more questions than answers as the investigation moves forward, replace the assumption that LS harmed him with the assumption he’s alive. There are far fewer circumstances where this makes sense but an interesting thing begins to happen with this assumption...not only are there less questions, there’s hardly any questions at all and things begin to look crystal clear. JMHO.

IMO there are two scenarios we are dealing with and BOTH involve apologies to LS.

We’ve been given a lot of bones to ignore the steak.

Before I get toasted to oblivion from the pitchfork wielding mob against LS, do not forget we are not far removed from Shane Carey being all but convicted in the public eye and did a darn good job at making himself look that way, intended or not. LE is not dumb, they will misdirect intentionally to preserve the integrity of the investigation and they are most likely to do this when they think the victim is alive.

Whether you agree or not, I encourage everyone to at least pretend to have a little hope. 7,000+ investigative hours can’t be discounted just because we haven’t heard what we want to hear. IMO
Despite your stated “disgust” for the “pitchfork wielding mob” - if one takes the emotion out of it and thinks Critically, I think we should be able to agree that there is no one here suggesting we string SM up by her feet. There is no one suggesting we go outside the legal system for justice. This is a sleuthing site - we observe what the people involved in a case say, how they say it, determine their credibility, observe what LE says and does not say in a close to the vest investigation, and consider statistics and our observance of past cases to form opinions. You are very welcome to not agree with these opinions, but name calling is an ineffective way for me to engage with you in a Critical and unemotional discussion of the merits, ‘Kay? JMHO. I would be so happy to discuss the case on the merits without being referenced as part of a lynch mob worthy of disgust. Thank you in advance.

I wonder what it might be.... hairs, carpet fibers, some other item with DNA... I sure hope they are closing in on being able to make an arrest.
Wooden splinters from a bat, a 2x4, floorboard? Maybe something from the bottom of a bag drug across the garage concrete. Whatever it is - I sure hope they can get that hound to tree that coon soon. They’re running all over that forest chasing the trees.

I apologize if my wording rubbed you and others the wrong way and was simply using the “apology” reference to bolster my point about the potential for her to be unfairly convicted in the public sphere and probably should have been left out as it seems to have distracted from the point I’m trying to make.

Especially since I personally wouldn’t be making an apology because I think, and very strongly, that he is alive, that there are many different layers to a complex situation and that the main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions.

I really hope you are right about him still being alive.

How good intentions can lead to an 11 year old child being missing for 25 days confounds me though. What is the holdup in providing information as to where he is? Why let so many people suffer if you know where he is or what happened? Where are the "good intentions" now?!?

I apologize if my wording rubbed you and others the wrong way and was simply using the “apology” reference to bolster my point about the potential for her to be unfairly convicted in the public sphere and probably should have been left out as it seems to have distracted from the point I’m trying to make.

Especially since I personally wouldn’t be making an apology because I think, and very strongly, that he is alive, that there are many different layers to a complex situation and that the main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions.
"that the main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions."
Who would that be??

Apologies if this has already been posted. This article includes some different quotes than those I’ve seen already.

Gannon Stauch’s mother speaks about case: ‘Please don’t let this go away’

...“Not knowing where he’s at, if he’s OK, if he’s cold, if he doesn’t have food… that’s a mom’s role. I can’t get to him and you kind of feel like a failure when you can’t,” Hiott said.

"that the main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions."
Who would that be??

This pic is breaking my heart even more.
FOX31 Denver KDVR on Twitter

I absolutely agree.

The news, especially in Colorado have been superb in keeping Gannon's disappearance front and center.

Watching this on the news, many local viewers think back to where they were that Monday when Gannon disappeared and it may jog their memory that they do know something important.

This is so critical, because it could motivate someone to call in a tip about something they witnessed, which could end up being something very important to this case.

This is such a deeply saddening case and it needs to continue to be on the daily news.

@EPCSheriff tells me the crime lab is at the home as part of their ongoing investigation. Investigators have told us before they use this method to gather evidence using the “proper meausures.” They willl not share any specific info. #FindGannon #GannonStauch

Catherine Silver on Twitter
Everything le is doing is slow and methodical and thorough doing what they do best but it’s frustrating as all hell and seeing landen is heartbreaking but hopefully soon either they find gannon or make a arrest

And it's been stated that blue is Gannon's favorite color.

Colorado Springs hockey team sports blue for Gannon

"For the Colorado Springs Tigers, this year’s President’s Day Tournament means more than just winning.

“We tape our sticks as a team together so we can be unified and show our support for Gannon,” Player Zachary Peterson said.

Blue is Gannon Stauch’s favorite color. Every player on the team decided to wrap their stick with blue tape to bring awareness."

BBM
True, and fair enough. I’m just pretty sure this isn’t the first time I’ve seen EPCSO use this stock image. It’s been around awhile representing police investigations.

I just thought it was because the first time, she didn't need to do a good parking job because she was leaving. The second time, she likely wanted the truck to be correctly parked, either for convenience or to have it in the same position that it was when AS left town.

That is interesting.
I read it as state of a deteriorating mental condition affecting physical dexterity.
(she got worse as the day went on kinda thing...)

I just thought it was because the first time, she didn't need to do a good parking job because she was leaving. The second time, she likely wanted the truck to be correctly parked, either for convenience or to have it in the same position that it was when AS left town.
My
opinion is that the first time she backed in she was picking up Gannon on the drivers side, and had to turn around anyway to drive off to the left. And wanted access to the truck bed. Upon return, I agree with Gray Hughes that the excessive maneuvering could have been to leave enough space on the passenger side for a passenger to get out, yet not go over on the grass.

Wooden splinters from a bat, a 2x4, floorboard? Maybe something from the bottom of a bag drug across the garage concrete. Whatever it is - I sure hope they can get that hound to tree that coon soon. They’re running all over that forest chasing the trees.

Well spoke, wise woman, well spoke.

"Mostly good intentions"?
So the other side of that coin could be some "bad intentions"? What else is mixed in there with "mostly" since that is not "all"? Because a little boy is missing, and there are possibly bad intentions involved.
That doesn't sound like a great scenario to me.
IMO

Last edited:
It is so intriguing to wonder what caused the crime lab investigators to return to the house and why today?
They've been there before and I think they've likely received some test results that caused them to return to the residence seeking additional evidence-- maybe even something they have but needs to be confirmed. MOO

That is interesting.
I read it as state of a deteriorating mental condition affecting physical dexterity.
(she got worse as the day went on kinda thing...)
Makes me wonder if it could be as simple as low blood sugar after, say, skipping lunch in the middle of some very busy, possibly physically taxing activities.

ETA: referencing being a much worse truck backer-in-er in the afternoon compared to the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie