Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo almost all the “no body” cases I can find that went to trial had crime scene evidence of blood, or a confession and/or witness/accomplice confession. I can't think of one with neither?

Several houses on that street have a fence & gates like this between properties. I also thought it was an odd config as some of them actually have two fences - one on each side the property line, I assume, but with just inches between them. I've never seen that before.
Interesting...

Not knowing any of the main players in this case One thing that intially struck me about RD is in one of the tv interviews with him he spoke of GS in past tense , something like "he was a good kid" and that was 1 week after GS went missing. So, there's that. And I keep thinking I've seen a crime movie that had a helpful neighbor that eventually became the perp, can not remember the name of the movie. That said at first I usually suspect just about everyone that could have had something to do with it and then eliminate as time goes along. I've been very wrong about many individuals in recent cases and am in process of recalibration of my hinky/guilty meters so my false positives hopefully decrease over time.

Edit to add this article which quotes his referral to GS in past tense,
Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative
Well, RD certainly has been helpful, no doubt. The most obvious things that allow me to check him off any suspect list is that the Crime Lab is not parked in front of his house and his vehicles have not been taken into evidence. :)

I’m wondering if they haven’t found evidence of an “alibi notes” type document in the house (we’ve seen this in Jennifer’s case where the late FD and MT made notes of their “timeline”)
JMO

I wouldn’t be surprised, especially with her efforts to reveal bits and pieces of a timeline in both her interview and statement.

It seems to be surprisingly common, as the past two cases I have followed also involved “alibi notes” (Dulos and Berreth).

The last book I read also involved the perpetrator writing alibi notes.

Law enforcement would want the earliest one possible (if she wrote more than one), as that would be before her story was molded to fit the evidence.

I'm a bit confused by the whole 'cut foot' thing. Can somebody explain what the situation with that is?

Stepmom brought it up in her latest statement. It’s completely bizarre, and just has to be an effort to explain away blood evidence found by CSI personnel.

This is what she said:

I feel the need to fill in some gaps. Now let me stress this, POLICE have known this since the first interview.

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift.

ETA: I just noticed she said “first interview,” which implies multiple interviews with law enforcement.

I'm a bit confused by the whole 'cut foot' thing. Can somebody explain what the situation with that is?
Find and read TS’s written statement to Denver news station. She did what seemed like a lot of “pre-splaining” to the public. She randomly brought up a foot-cutting incident that we had previously heard nothing about. Many feel that it was TS’s way of pre-splaining some blood being found.

Jmo almost all the “no body” cases I can find that went to trial had crime scene evidence of blood, or a confession and/or witness/accomplice confession. I can't think of one with neither?
Yes, and in this case we don't know what kind of evidence they have. If someone hurt or disappeared Gannon I just hope there is enough to point towards that person. Jmo

This case is extremely frustrating. While i completely understand LE's position of not releasing any information as it may impact their ongoing investigation(s), we really have nothing concrete to go on - yet here we are, 17 threads in and still going strong. I truly hope that Gannon is found alive and well. I am aware that this scenario could possibly suggest that his disappearance was orchestrated for some nefarious purpose. Regardless, this really would be the BEST outcome. And, no I would not be issuing an apology to she who shall remain nameless since she brought this heat down on herself. MOO

I know that LE & Dan May have got this and I'm desperately trying to remember that and be patient!! Aside from Gannon being found (that's #1 for all of us,) if you could have just ONE specific piece of info/evidence at this point, what would it be?
A confirmed timeline for the oldest daughter between Sunday afternoon and Monday evening

Find and read TS’s written statement to Denver news station. She did what seemed like a lot of “pre-splaining” to the public. She randomly brought up a foot-cutting incident that we had previously heard nothing about. Many feel that it was TS’s way of pre-splaining some blood being found.

When I first heard about it, I felt it was "pre-splaining," too, and thought it might be significant for that reason. I was wondering, though, whether she was actually responding to accusations other people were already making against her elsewhere, such as in social media, based on things they had heard as "insiders." Since then, I've concluded she wasn't pre-splaining and I'm pretty sure that's all I'm allowed to say about that here.

The far left gate in that picture appears to belong to the house next door's. There is a fence running between them. As you can see in this differently angled shot.

View attachment 233962
It’s strange though, that they don’t share the fence that’s running between the properties. Both properties have their own fence, with space in between. Stranger yet is that the fence at the Stauch property juts out farther than the fence at the next property over. Weird.

The Heather Elvis case fits your criteria. Interestingly enough, Heather went missing from Horry County, SC in December of 2013. I wonder if LS followed that case being she lived in that area at one point and she acts just like Tammy Moorer who was convicted of kidnapping in that case.

Recalibrating is always good. I find myself doing that. However, did you imply that DR is guilty in GS's disappearance? I might be confused.
No. What I did say he referred to GS in past tense. I added a link to the article.
I also said I usually suspect all main characters until I can eliminate them. I meant no implications of guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaylaSolves