Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dad could have been reacting to the mere fact that she went out. Maybe she had told him she never set foot outside the house. Maybe he was realizing that everything was a lie.
I agree. Any lie discovered by AS at this point, even a seemingly harmless one, would undermine his trust in TS and indicate to AS that she is keeping secrets. This points to the likelihood that she harmed his boy. Thus the breakdown.

Agree with all of the above. The "very, very, very" tends to make me think:
1) Others are involved AND/OR
2) "Someone" has been very, very, very busy dishing "tips" that are useless, in an attempt to obfuscate the truth of what really happened. Hence, Jackie Kirby making mention of the rumours circulating on social media and the like. They are/were not helpful as each and everyone has to be followed up, tying up precious time and hindering their ability to bring Gannon home.

JMHO
Or there is some mind blowing twist that nobody would even speculate.

bbm
Wouldn't it be refreshing if say, RD showed up here, became a VI, and explained to us exactly what he saw on his surveillance system, and even gave us a lovely sampler of the kind of video/audio quality he handed over to LE.

I wonder if folks would believe him then? :rolleyes:
I must have missed where people stated they do not believe RD.

I believe RD reported what he saw (in the video), but that doesn't mean he saw everything the video actually depicts.

LE suspends a search because perhaps the path they were on is exhausted and they need to either regroup or take another turn in investigation.
As far as I am concerned, this case is hot and moving right along. We need to be patient and trust them. They know what they are doing.

MOO,MOO
I completely agree. Things are moving. CSI was just back there yesterday.

We essentially have two investigations running in tandem - the search/recovery, and the investigative side. Both seem to be busy.

This is what I have been marinating on regarding the video and LE commenting or not on it. Hope I can convey it well.

TS claimed early on that she and her family were receiving death threats.
I am certain LE has eyes on her SM and SM in general and have seen how many people are pointing at her for this.
They also have seen her statement about all that has been "cleared" with regard to the video, timeline, etc.

Yet they remain silent. They haven't taken the path of going public to tell the public anything that would result in people backing off of her or doing anything to keep her "safe" if she is really in fear for her life.

Granted they haven't officially cleared anyone or made official statements regarding the parents, either. But this is just very curious to me that they won't tell people to get off the crazy train regarding anything.

I admire (even if it drives me crazy) how much they are keeping quiet. But I did find it interesting that they have said nothing to sort of protect TS in light of it all.

ETA: And not only that, there seem to have been a couple of instances where during pressers Kirby (I think it was? the spunky blonde?) was almost spicy where she was like "WE'RE not the ones who called him a runaway, the person who reported it was." or something to that effect. I was like, daaaaaannnnng. I LOVE her BTW. Can i post this pic here?
Yes, proud of Jackie Kirby. She’s on the side of truth and justice!

<snipped>
TS claimed early on that she and her family were receiving death threats.
I am certain LE has eyes on her SM and SM in general and have seen how many people are pointing at her for this.
They also have seen her statement about all that has been "cleared" with regard to the video, timeline, etc.

Yet they remain silent. They haven't taken the path of going public to tell the public anything that would result in people backing off of her or doing anything to keep her "safe" if she is really in fear for her life.

This may also be a good way for LE to keep eyes & tabs on her, for her "protection." Or at least I tell myself this to assure that she's not a flight risk or able to tamper with evidence.

I would think that if they went out and he came home and it happened later, she would have been honest about that because it was proof of life on that part of the timeline. “Gannon was ok, we went shopping...” That would help, not hurt her.

I hadn't heard her earlier schedule addressed prior to the video; possibly I missed it. My understanding was that (a) she said he went missing at 3-ish; (b) neighbor has video purporting to show he was already gone at 2:15. If the neighbor was mistaken, it just means her most serious lies began at 2:15 rather than earlier. JMO.

We essentially have two investigations running in tandem - the search/recovery, and the investigative side. Both seem to be busy.
I think "parallel investigation" is just a way of saying "criminal investigation" without actually labeling it as such. Jmo

I'm really intrigued with the fact that the crime scene techs were back at the house today.

Wonder if LE's received analysis/results from evidence that was taken from the home earlier, and if those results are now pointing LE to further items of interest.

One things leads to another...
It's not new information. But what was 'released' for public viewing is likely just a tiny tiny bit of what the entire video (or other videos) shows (which law enforcement is investigating). As far as new information, there hasn't really been much released to the public but if you watch the actions of the LE team, it says a lot. It's obvious that they're doing something for some reason.

Agree. She went back for the camera in the van.
MOO it would be a special spectrum camera.
Evidence bag and MOO a forensic toolkit in a small backpack.

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed but, keep in mind how close together the houses are spaced in this development. They have homes CLOSE to them on both sides, behind them, and across the street which obviously are at a little more distance. We live in a similar type development and if there was a loud argument, screaming, etc at my neighbor's house I would easily hear it. Just wanted to point this out to those who might not be familiar.

I know there's been a lot of conversation about house cameras, is anyone familiar or driven down their street to know how many houses have cameras? Previously someone mentioned Gannon's family even had one on their house, although I wouldn't put it past a certain individual to have erased the footage. Specifically wondering about the house across the street and neighbors to the left who would have better vantage of the side gate and passenger side of the truck.

Praying this is the day Gannon is found!
I would say I live here in the Springs, but a different neighborhood and more north. With it being winter, our windows are normally closed. And I absolutely couldn't hear an argument in someone's home, especially if it happened in the basement. And even more so if we had the TV on, etc. Just my perspective from my home :)

Nearly all murder cases rely primarily on circumstantial evidence. The only evidence that isn't circumstantial is witness testimony. So let's go there.

Albert Stauch is a witness. Younger daughter is a witness. Older stepsister is a witness. Nurses and doctors contacted are witnesses. Store employees are witnesses.
Snipped by me
Don’t forget his teachers! They’re the people with the child at least 30 hours a week. I’m sure they would have some insight or at least strong feelings on any of these scenarios. JMO

<snipped>

This may also be a good way for LE to keep eyes & tabs on her, for her "protection." Or at least I tell myself this to assure that she's not a flight risk or able to tamper with evidence.

I agree. At some point in time I thought that I had read or seen a comment TS made saying some thing about them being in a hotel with protective custody. Did I completely imagine or dream that? I feel like when she said it I thought to myself yeah right, they’re keeping tabs on you so you don’t run!

I would say I live here in the Springs, but a different neighborhood and more north. With it being winter, our windows are normally closed. And I absolutely couldn't hear an argument in someone's home, especially if it happened in the basement. And even more so if we had the TV on, etc. Just my perspective from my home :)

I stand corrected, you're right I wouldn't hear something going on in my neighbor's basement. Yes you're right the windows would be closed, but the rest of the house would depend how loud their argument was and what I was doing in my house. Just trying to point out how close these houses are & a strong chance that something could've been heard. At the very least, neighbors would be able to say, "I never heard anything" or "there was always yelling" etc. Thanks for your perspective!

Almost all evidence is circumstantial. Direct evidence is when an actual crime is caught on camera or a person witnessed the crime. DNA and fingerprints are circumstantial evidence. Imo
Circumstantial evidence is evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact—such as a fingerprint at the scene of a crime. By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly—i.e., without need for any additional evidence or inference.
Perp DNA mixed with blood of a murder victim isn't necessarily circumstantial although by definition, it is considered as such. How/why else would perp DNA be mixed with a murder victim's blood, but I suppose sticking to a strict definition makes prosecutors' lives easier....

Last edited:
Ahhh, running through the garage to escape!!! Great point! We live in CO & our garage is insulated and I can't walk out there in winter without shoes/slippers, floor is freezing!! Besides, someone helping clean up the garage in bare feet doesn't make sense..even for a kid! But if you had to run in there unexpectantly, now that's another story! Also adding that our garage has a door into the house & also into the backyard....you know, if you were trying to get out of the house quickly, into the backyard to escape through a side gate?!?!

Except Gannon's garage only has the 1 door leading to the outside, and that's the main car door. There isn't any other exit to the outside.

garage1.jpg garage2.jpg

Source: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Wouldn't it be refreshing if say, RD showed up here, became a VI, and explained to us exactly what he saw on his surveillance system, and even gave us a lovely sampler of the kind of video/audio quality he handed over to LE.

I wonder if folks would believe him then? :rolleyes:
Not knowing any of the main players in this case One thing that intially struck me about RD is in one of the tv interviews with him he spoke of GS in past tense , something like "he was a good kid" and that was 1 week after GS went missing. So, there's that. And I keep thinking I've seen a crime movie that had a helpful neighbor that eventually became the perp, can not remember the name of the movie. That said at first I usually suspect just about everyone that could have had something to do with it and then eliminate as time goes along. I've been very wrong about many individuals in recent cases and am in process of recalibration of my hinky/guilty meters so my false positives hopefully decrease over time.

Edit to add this article which quotes his referral to GS in past tense,
Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative

Last edited:
Actually they have addressed this....“In any case … if there’s anybody that’s threatening any person, they need to contact law enforcement wherever they’re at,” Mynatt tells PEOPLE. “They need to contact that agency and report those threats and harassment or whatever else they might be exposed to, because it is a crime.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298