Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very new to WS and I have a question. What does it mean that LE have suspended the search. I know there's a "read between the lines" answer here. Does anyone have any ideas. I've been here for Gannon since day 1 & am still here. Praying for something (anything) to bring some answers since LE has played this so close to the vest. Does anyone else see an arrest coming? Maybe a female? Thanks

I know that LE & Dan May have got this and I'm desperately trying to remember that and be patient!! Aside from Gannon being found (that's #1 for all of us,) if you could have just ONE specific piece of info/evidence at this point, what would it be?
Honestly, I just want Gannon found for his sake and that of his parents and sister.

I'm very new to WS and I have a question. What does it mean that LE have suspended the search. I know there's a "read between the lines" answer here. Does anyone have any ideas. I've been here for Gannon since day 1 & am still here. Praying for something (anything) to bring some answers since LE has played this so close to the vest. Does anyone else see an arrest coming? Maybe a female? Thanks
Welcome!
To "suspend" essentially means to place resources (searchers and equipment) on hold (likely because LE exhausted the areas they wanted to search) until such time it might become necessary to re-search previous or search new areas.

I do sense an arrest is imminent, but my sense could be biased by my immediate desire to see justice for GS.

Worst scenario, LE is building a circumstantial case. Best scenario, LE has evidence out the wazoo.

I'm hoping it means they've found what they're looking for, apart from GS of course. Maybe an important piece of evidence? Somebody here mentioned that could be the reason they went back to the house yesterday, to match up or compare the evidence of whatever they found at the actual house. Maybe carpet fibres, a piece of clothing etc...?

So I looked up Dan May and the Frazee case many of you have mentioned. I'm not from the Colorado area and thus not familiar with the D.A. nor with that case, but since many of you have mentioned how confident you are in him, I thought I'd look it up. I came across this article: Patrick Frazee trial: Evidence presented to the jury - which covers a lot of the evidence presented in that case. Wow. It is truly astonishing both in the breadth and depth of what his office collected. If they are conducting a similar investigation here, I suspect there are scores of people going through hundreds of hours of video, financial records, phone records, interviews, on and on. The timelines that they presented in the Frazee case - wow. They do meticulous work. And so - I understand the confidence and the patience of those here who have spoken so highly of May. If I were any one of those "major players" HardyStew mentioned as having "mostly" good intentions, I would be quaking in my shoes right now. These people will leave no stone unturned and probably already have "timelines" of each of those major players mapped out in detail.

Wow! That was fascinating. IMO you are correct that the DA will be very thorough. Thank you for sharing! I wasn't able to get through it all before it told me I ran out of free articles.

I think it is language specifically noting that they have stopped searching in southern Douglas County for the time being. It may be good news meaning that they have found some evidence that they were looking for or it could just mean they are finished searching there. LE's wording is purposely vague. I'll link an article in case you didn't see it. The search for Gannon Stauch in Douglas County has been suspended

LE suspends a search because perhaps the path they were on is exhausted and they need to either regroup or take another turn in investigation.
As far as I am concerned, this case is hot and moving right along. We need to be patient and trust them. They know what they are doing.

MOO,MOO

:):):):):):)There is nothing to the truck/airport chatter and there never was. Someone on here made a wild speculation with no foundation in known facts & enough people responded breathlessly with their own thoughts and suspicions that people like yourself who can maybe only afford the time to pop in and read a few lines think there is some break in the case regarding the truck and the airport. It’s unfortunate. It became such a problem that the WS moderator intervened a few pages ago to remind people not to just shoot out wild theories because it leads to enough response chatter that readers jump in and think there are facts behind it. To be clear: THERE ARE NO FACTS BEHIND IT, and we were asked to stop discussing it (which I just broke, sorry).:)

I feel the opposite. I think they have exhausted all their leads and are drawing a blank. I watched Landen pleading for help and information and she sounded like she knew this was all going to come to nothing, and was begging people not to forget about him.

giphy.gif

Who's here for Gannon?!!

Me, me, me!!! And I'll be here every day for him!

Excellent post! So can you charge someone with murder based on this?

Without a body, what would guarantee a link between a potential perp, and murder? Meaning, what would be the evidence that would prove in court someone murdered this young man, without a body?

An artifact used as a weapon with blood/dna and/or fingerprints on it from the victim, and dna from the accused?

Photographic evidence of the crime?

It's a tough case without a body. If assumed Gannon is dead, without a body, LE relies on circumstantial evidence. That is what I believe the trips to the house, and to the search sites, are all about.

Any charge other than murder/manslaughter/involuntary manslaughter, IMO, is NOT what LE is seeking. I think this young man is deceased, and without a body, the just mentioned charges become more difficult to prove in a court of law.

Very interested in others opinions regarding the matter.

Nearly all murder cases rely primarily on circumstantial evidence. The only evidence that isn't circumstantial is witness testimony. So let's go there.

Albert Stauch is a witness. Younger daughter is a witness. Older stepsister is a witness. Nurses and doctors contacted are witnesses. Store employees are witnesses.

I can easily see how a case could be made, especially since LE is still going out and talking to people at businesses and still tracing LS's digital footprint and various travels - not just for that one day, but I'm sure for the last year or so.

AS can likely testify to many things. So no need to say there's only circumstantial evidence, just yet. These days, it's almost impossible to convict without circumstantial evidence. Juries want to see DNA, blood, fingerprints, and to hear expert testimony - all of that is circumstantial.

Can you imagine a case without circumstantial evidence? I can't (and I mean, I can't imagine any kidnapping or murder case without it).

Excellent post! So can you charge someone with murder based on this?

Without a body, what would guarantee a link between a potential perp, and murder? Meaning, what would be the evidence that would prove in court someone murdered this young man, without a body?

An artifact used as a weapon with blood/dna and/or fingerprints on it from the victim, and dna from the accused?

Photographic evidence of the crime?

It's a tough case without a body. If assumed Gannon is dead, without a body, LE relies on circumstantial evidence. That is what I believe the trips to the house, and to the search sites, are all about.

Any charge other than murder/manslaughter/involuntary manslaughter, IMO, is NOT what LE is seeking. I think this young man is deceased, and without a body, the just mentioned charges become more difficult to prove in a court of law.

Very interested in others opinions regarding the matter.
Absolutely agree - without a body it’s that much tougher of a case, and requires an immense amount of other evidence to land a solid conviction and convince a jury.

While they are clearly still searching for Gannon, I think that they are also preparing this case for the unfortunate event that he is not found (numerous trips by CSI to the house, Dan May’s visit, etc). Clearly there is something(s) in the house that they’re continuing to test/photograph etc. I’m very curious to learn what those things are.

So I looked up Dan May and the Frazee case many of you have mentioned. I'm not from the Colorado area and thus not familiar with the D.A. nor with that case, but since many of you have mentioned how confident you are in him, I thought I'd look it up. I came across this article: Patrick Frazee trial: Evidence presented to the jury - which covers a lot of the evidence presented in that case. Wow. It is truly astonishing both in the breadth and depth of what his office collected. If they are conducting a similar investigation here, I suspect there are scores of people going through hundreds of hours of video, financial records, phone records, interviews, on and on. The timelines that they presented in the Frazee case - wow. They do meticulous work. And so - I understand the confidence and the patience of those here who have spoken so highly of May. If I were any one of those "major players" HardyStew mentioned as having "mostly" good intentions, I would be quaking in my shoes right now. These people will leave no stone unturned and probably already have "timelines" of each of those major players mapped out in detail.

Also, wanted to add that I found the phone communication & ping charts particularly fascinating. (Although i wasn't able to study the 3rd one before the site kicked me out). Imagine if they have similar evidence in this case. I have no doubt that someone will be brought to justice if GS has been harmed.

bbm
Nearly all murder cases rely primarily on circumstantial evidence. The only evidence that isn't circumstantial is witness testimony. So let's go there.

Albert Stauch is a witness. Younger daughter is a witness. Older stepsister is a witness. Nurses and doctors contacted are witnesses. Store employees are witnesses.

I can easily see how a case could be made, especially since LE is still going out and talking to people at businesses and still tracing LS's digital footprint and various travels - not just for that one day, but I'm sure for the last year or so.

AS can likely testify to many things. So no need to say there's only circumstantial evidence, just yet. These days, it's almost impossible to convict without circumstantial evidence. Juries want to see DNA, blood, fingerprints, and to hear expert testimony - all of that is circumstantial.

Can you imagine a case without circumstantial evidence? I can't (and I mean, I can't imagine any kidnapping or murder case without it).
Such elements are not always considered as "circumstantial".

Is RD considered a witness? Asking primarily because we had some people in the past who seemed to believe his information would be considered third-hand, at best. I don't agree; thus why I'm wondering.

I know that LE & Dan May have got this and I'm desperately trying to remember that and be patient!! Aside from Gannon being found (that's #1 for all of us,) if you could have just ONE specific piece of info/evidence at this point, what would it be?
Excellent question! I'm thinking I'd like to see "flooring" as the word is "Verboten!" Soooo, not tiles, not hardwood and not vinyl laminate. Does that help? ;)

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed but, keep in mind how close together the houses are spaced in this development. They have homes CLOSE to them on both sides, behind them, and across the street which obviously are at a little more distance. We live in a similar type development and if there was a loud argument, screaming, etc at my neighbor's house I would easily hear it. Just wanted to point this out to those who might not be familiar.

I know there's been a lot of conversation about house cameras, is anyone familiar or driven down their street to know how many houses have cameras? Previously someone mentioned Gannon's family even had one on their house, although I wouldn't put it past a certain individual to have erased the footage. Specifically wondering about the house across the street and neighbors to the left who would have better vantage of the side gate and passenger side of the truck.

Praying this is the day Gannon is found!

Wouldn't it be refreshing if say, RD showed up here, became a VI, and explained to us exactly what he saw on his surveillance system, and even gave us a lovely sampler of the kind of video/audio quality he handed over to LE.

I wonder if folks would believe him then? :rolleyes:

IMO, the lying liar who lies DID tell LE her version of what happened (upon realization LE's spotlight was on her): the person who sent "him" (whomever T randomly concocted) to pick up GS was BM, ipso facto there is no cause for alarm. IMO, LE lent no more credence to that than they did the shade T subsequently threw on BD.

IF either BM or BD had even a foreshadowing of an inkling (or if any one of us did!), scooping GS swiftly up and out--abducted for safety's sake...:(

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member