Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible a locking mechanism is installed on the inside (backyard-facing side) of the fence gate although I am not sure how one would use the key to lock/unlock it from the front unless the lock is a feed-through type... but I do not see such an install in photos of the gate. Doesn't mean it isn't there, but it sure does appear there isn't one.

No comment on shadows, but AS doesn't strike me as the type that would want to have automatic doorsteps (assume they have to be after market). MOO
If there were those automatic running boards or whatever they are called, I don't think she would have had to help Gannon get into the truck, which is what I think was happening there with the delay in his entering. I already mentioned this, but I figure the top of the seat was probably about as high as the top of his head. IMO

I don’t have proof about getting her off to school, but do know I read about breakfast and Harley. When I get home I’ll search for article.
I just quickly searched and did find it stated one place I can’t link. Ugh I’m such a newbie and sorry for any inconvenience. From now on I’m going to find an allowed link before I state something I have read!
I reported where I originally talked of breakfast.

One big question.
Gannon isnt the type of kid that runs away. Apparently, under stress he gets into bed.

So...if a kid does not return from a "friend's" house at dark ...
if it was my kid, even if there was trouble about some damage, I would be faint with fear already in my car on the line with 911 making them take it seriously, searching with a cell phone his numbers, his friends, the park, gas station stores and I would be thinking "danger" not "runaway."

The silliest thing about that 'statement' LS put out is....why bring Sarurday night into it at all....he disappeared on Monday. The only reason at all for mentioning Saturday is to have a way to pre-splain any little tidbits of evidence that might be found in various places.

MOO
Of course.
I have the video saved to my machine. I've watched it over and over a gazillion times.

There are artifacts in that video, they are anomalies that come and go, appearing as shadows.....distortions in the vid.

But the shadow at the right rear tire is, IMO, not a distortion. I personally cannot attest to what it is, I doubt a person exiting, but it surely is possible.

And I too have seen the movement at the rear top of the truck cab. It is brief, but there.

Honestly, from the released vid, I couldn't positively identify TS, GS, or anyone else in terms of just watching the vid. I must take online accounts of who it is as being true.

BG in the A&L case is more clear to me than either of the two getting in this truck that day :)
yes, the shadow at right rear tire does not look like anomaly but the one at the rear top might be. Forgive me if this sounds stupid but somewhere I heard the video can pick up temperature changes? Really? If so like from truck muffler? I know that sounds way out there.

When I had a dog and would return home from shopping the dog would always run up to the front of the car then run back to the house door wagging his tail like he was saying hurry up let's go in. I'm thinking that shadow just might be one of those dogs doing the same thing my dear Fozzie did. JMO
You mean he was free outside the house beforehand? Or that somehow she opened that back passenger door to let him out? I've heard that theory before but I've never had a truck that I could open the door like that. Unlock the door, yes, but not make it open from the drivers seat. But it could have been a dog and a person getting out. IMO

Last edited:
bbm
You're right. But if he was seen on video walking away from his home and down the street where other cameras could have captured him , going to his friends, don't you think LE woukd have released this? In most other cases I have followed, that is the case. Last known clothing, movements are almost always released, and that's not done in this case and I have to wonder why. IMO, it doesnt exist.
Why would I think that? LE has been tight-lipped about almost everything. Also, how would that advance the investigation? If it's to see what GS was wearing LE could provide that info via press conference and/or other media releases without need to release a video.

I don't understand the business about Gannon allegedly having the only key to the gate lock, something I find very hard to believe.

That said, is there a back door into the garage? I don't know how that would be relevant, but LS is clearly trying to make some point about Gannon continually checking the gate.

Wish we had some photos of the backyard.

I hope/suspect the police have found other neighbors with camera footage and are just keeping it quiet for now.

I don't have a theory for what happened, because I don't know enough about what kind of accidental abuse would kill a child. IMO the life force is strong and people in the movies/TV unrealistically drop dead at the first blow. Even Patrick Frazee commented that killing Kelsey took more than he expected (paraphrased) and he is an experienced horse and cattle handler (which is where my understanding of life force comes from). It is hard to imagine anyone actively killing Gannon, although I know horrible people kill children every day. Would a kick cause a bleeding spleen or some other internal bleeding that would actually cause him to die during the car ride or did she have to asphyxiate him? I hate to imagine any of this but I wonder if anyone can weigh in on this in a factual way - what could have happened that wouldn't take too much effort? I have a hard time imagining TS really doing anything actively vs. passively. Of course, we don't know, but just trying to theorize what happened. MOO, JMO

Love your user name, btw. Lambs do not just eat ivy, right?

I am on the same train of thought. And the most obvious answer is that a passive method of disappearing someone could be part of this case. Perhaps, after a cold, sleepless night, Gannon was left somewhere even colder, right before a storm moved in. If found alive, he "ran away" and "hitchhiked."

Thank goodness for all the cameras that have other evidence in this case.

I can imagine LS being either active or passive. Her past history has evidence that she is not a particularly passive person, but perhaps she learned from her previous mistakes in previous relationships.

bbm

Why would I think that? LE has been tight-lipped about almost everything. Also, how would that advance the investigation? If it's to see what GS was wearing LE could provide that info via press conference and/or other media releases without need to release a video.
Marie Swetlik, the last known video of her getting off the bus, was released pretty quickly. you can clearly see what she is wearing. It could be they have him on video leaving, and not released it, but IMO, highly unlikely. You don't think with all this speculation about LS, the sheriffs office had video to prove that Gannon walked away from home just as she said they wouldn't release that? Or any other neighbors that captured that would want to release it and say "see, she's right, he walked away"

Where is the lock mechanism? if it is on the inside, does that mean it is only able to be unlocked from the inside? That doesn't make sense because a person would have to go all the way through the house and out the sliding doors in the kitchen across the backyard and up along side the house to unlock it. Maybe I am over thinking this.
The way I pictured it, and I definitely could be wrong, is that they were unloading the pickup, with the garage door open. (As I don't think the pickup would fit inside). And after the accident with the bandaged foot, he went over to check the side door from the outside. Not going way into the house, out the sliding doors or other door to check the gate from the inside. To my mind it wouldn't make any sense to have the lock on the inside, or only on the inside. You'd have to be able to open it from the outside when you return, IMO.

ITA. That shadow bothers me as well. It is the one thing that does not fit.

When I had a dog and would return home from shopping the dog would always run up to the front of the car then run back to the house door wagging his tail like he was saying hurry up let's go in. I'm thinking that shadow just might be one of those dogs doing the same thing my dear Fozzie did. JMO
You mean he was free outside the house beforehand? Or that somehow she opened that back passenger door to let him out? I've heard that theory before but I've never had a trunk that I could open the door like that. Unlock the door, yes, but not make it open from the drivers seat. But it could have been a dog and a person getting out. IMO

I didn't know the back door opened when she returned. The dog could have been on a tie and limited to how far it could reach then in excitement turn back toward the garage. We need to factor in lighting here for those shadows also. If it were a person leaving the truck the light would have been going toward the house correct? If it were the dog as I mentioned the light would have been coming from the house/garage. Hmmmm now I'm wondering how overcast it was then. JMO

ETA Am I confusing 2 different videos? I'm looking at what I believe is Monday when she returned without him.

Fencegate:

I deal with fences a lot in my line of work, so I consider myself somewhat of a fence expert (I know, I shouldn't brag).

That type of fence is difficult and dangerous to climb. Why would he climb the fence? To get into another fenced-in yard? To avoid the cameras around his house, but undoubtedly be seen by cameras on the next street over? Seems very unlikely to me.

Also, I feel like whichever side of the fence the lock is on (maybe both) could be a key detail to explain her whole key / gate narrative.

Also, concerning the "double fence" a few inches apart: It is somewhat rare, but it does happen. I don't know if I've ever seen it with two six foot wooden privacy fences, though. For one, how would they build the second fence? They generally nail or screw it together from the "outside". The other fence would be totally in the way.

The picture does look like there are two fences, though. After looking at it many times, I now think that it is only one fence. What appears to be the top of Gannon's fence (the wider white line on the right) is actually the top rail of the fence. (The 2x4's that the fence slats are nailed to). This "white line" is a lot wider than the "other" top of the fence, and appears to be slightly below the tops of the fence posts in Gannon's yard.

MOO

I am not a fence expert, so I will defer to your expertise on all the other stuff :)
(even though it still looks to me like 2 fences butted up against each other)

However, TS explained that it was when they were in the garage, Gannon cut his foot, blah blah Albert's fault, blah blah tools, good to go after bandaging, then... he "kept" going back to the gate to check if it was locked.
She implies that he went from the garage to the gate, so that's outside, in the front of the house.
If he "kept going back" to the gate to check if it was locked, the lock had to be on the outside of the gate, since there's no way he could check a key lock, to see if it was locked, on the inside of the gate.

Not that I actually buy any of the reason TS says he was doing all that stuff, but I do think this lock she mentions has to be on the outside of the gate.

One big question.
Gannon isnt the type of kid that runs away. Apparently, under stress he gets into bed.

So...if a kid does not return from a "friend's" house at dark ...
if it was my kid, even if there was trouble about some damage, I would be faint with fear already in my car on the line with 911 making them take it seriously, searching with a cell phone his numbers, his friends, the park, gas station stores and I would be thinking "danger" not "runaway."
Plus, I would be knocking on all the neighbors doors looking. Plus phoning people.
Did any of that happen?

I don't understand the business about Gannon allegedly having the only key to the gate lock, something I find very hard to believe.

That said, is there a back door into the garage? I don't know how that would be relevant, but LS is clearly trying to make some point about Gannon continually checking the gate.

Wish we had some photos of the backyard.

I hope/suspect the police have found other neighbors with camera footage and are just keeping it quiet for now.
The reason I did believe the part about his having the only key, is because the father may have had one for arriving at odd hours from some trip. Maybe wanting to avoid an alarm from the front door? Another reason I believe it about one key is that I can't even estimate how many locks I've had where I've lost all the keys except for that one last key. And letting the boy have it to assume responsibility doesn't sound ominous to me.

Yes. This.

The “didn’t dispute” claim has blown up to unnecessary proportions and been re-invented to mean LE confirmed what the neighbor said he saw. That never happened.
That is entirely incorrect.
The FIRST statement from LE was that they did not dispute what RD said the video shows.
It was after other media outlets pressed for comment, were showing the clip, etc., that LE issued another statement saying they were not going to comment on it.
Myself and several others have posted those links repeatedly to show the timeline on this.
I have to say, I've never followed a case here where LE statements in MSM are completely ignored or said to mean something entirely different.
It's just weird.

Marie Swetlik, the last known video of her getting off the bus, was released pretty quickly. you can clearly see what she is wearing. It could be they have him on video leaving, and not released it, but IMO, highly unlikely. You don't think with all this speculation about LS, the sheriffs office had video to prove that Gannon walked away from home just as she said they wouldn't release that? Or any other neighbors that captured that would want to release it and say "see, she's right, he walked away"
It's like LE isn't reaching out to the public because they don't need help, they are already sure who disappeared Gannon. In the sad Swetlik case, they had no idea who took her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery